1 vote (11.11%)
2 votes (22.22%)

9 members have voted

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 12th, 2015 at 5:47:40 PM permalink

Deal or No Deal Roulette is roulette with a side bet based on the TV show. There is both a physical slot machine version, which can be found in the UK, as well as an online version. My analysis applies to the online version only. Please click the link and let me know what you think. As always, I welcome comments, questions, suggestions, and especially corrections.

I also made a video of the two bonus rounds:

The question for the poll is would you play Deal or No Deal Roulette?
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
ajemeister
ajemeister
  • Threads: 16
May 12th, 2015 at 7:46:36 PM permalink
sounds like a nice way to spice up roulette.. I'm a fan of the bonus games in slots, and this sounds like a nice way to take an existing game and market it towards new (slot) clients. How does the side bet work? is it automatically built into your bet, or where do you put it on the board? Does this boost the overall EV from roulette? or are does the sidebet cost/infrequency dig too much into whatever bonus you can get out of it?
Perdition
Perdition
  • Threads: 36
May 12th, 2015 at 8:05:25 PM permalink
I played roulette earlier today.

Lost on the 5th pull :(

Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
May 12th, 2015 at 8:11:42 PM permalink
Quote: ajemeister

sounds like a nice way to spice up roulette.. I'm a fan of the bonus games in slots, and this sounds like a nice way to take an existing game and market it towards new (slot) clients. How does the side bet work? is it automatically built into your bet, or where do you put it on the board? Does this boost the overall EV from roulette? or are does the sidebet cost/infrequency dig too much into whatever bonus you can get out of it?

Those questions are answered in my page on Deal or No Deal Roulette.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
May 15th, 2015 at 7:44:18 PM permalink
nice write up, but the probability of the bonus not clearly being stated bugs me. Nothing guaranteeing that the suitcases are equally likely either I assume?
  • Jump to: