Prognosticator
Prognosticator
  • Threads: 1
March 10th, 2015 at 9:12:28 AM permalink
After reading this EXCELLENT website for a while, I finally became a member and this is my first posting, so please bear with me.

The company I work for is sponsoring a bingo night. I doubt there are any advantage plays available in Bingo (other than maybe with a progressive jackpot), but, in any case, I started doing some research and came across something interesting. Apparently, there are bingo bookies that offer illegal side bets in otherwise legitimate games (I am thinking here of the traditional church bingo night). There are probably a number of different side bets available, but the one that intrigued me was the line bet. Apparently, this means betting on which line (B I N G or O) will bingo first be called on. But I couldn’t find too much info (other then reports of a couple of arrests). So I have a couple of questions (and would like any other info or stories members can share): what lines are bets offered on, the 5 vertical letter lines (columns) only, the 10 vertical and horizontal lines (columns and rows), or on the 12 lines (10 + 2 diagonals)? What are the typical or standard odds offered? Do the odds vary if you pick a line with the free spot in the middle? (I also read something that suggested there were 15 vertical lines that you could bet on and the only thing I can think of is this might mean that there are 15 possible combinations of numbers that could fill up these lines – if this is the case, does anybody know what those combinations are?)

Just to be clear, given that this is a company event, I am not planning on setting myself up as a bingo bookie, at least, not at a company event!
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 10th, 2015 at 9:19:39 AM permalink
I do have a BING-O story but probably you don't want to hear it. It concerns a dog. It is a real story and maybe I will tell it some time.
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
  • Jump to: