Thread Rating:

miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
May 22nd, 2015 at 12:16:45 AM permalink
Quote: BleedingChipsSlowly

Thank you, miplet! Hope your bug hunt is a short one and the fix easy.

There were two errors in both versions. Didn't change the return unless you changed the deck composition.
Too lazy to do EoR's now, but you are more than welcome to do them yourself. Two links to my spreadsheets:
Direct link on my website: super4progressivev2.xlsb
Editable google doc: here
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
May 22nd, 2015 at 4:24:26 AM permalink
Your spreadsheet downloaded and was parsed cleanly by Excel. I hope to look it over later, just to see how you got the results. Doubtful I'll find your error. Impossible before coffee! Thanks again for your contribution to this thread and the forum in general.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
May 22nd, 2015 at 4:56:02 AM permalink

Your spreadsheet downloaded and was parsed cleanly by Excel. I hope to look it over later, just to see how you got the results. Doubtful I'll find your error. Impossible before coffee! Thanks again for your contribution to this thread and the forum in general.

I fixed the errors that I found. If you find any more please let me know. I didn't label most of the stuff in the spreadsheets, so it might be difficult to see what I did.
“Man Babes” #AxelFabulous
racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
May 30th, 2015 at 3:04:39 PM permalink
Do they pay the progressive out in full, assuming withholding for taxes, or is it in some form of annuity over time, as it is with lotteries? You never get the "$350 million jackpot" in powerball unless you take it in disbursements over years and years.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
May 31st, 2015 at 10:19:34 AM permalink
Quote: racquet

Do they pay the progressive out in full, assuming withholding for taxes, or is it in some form of annuity over time, as it is with lotteries? You never get the "$350 million jackpot" in powerball unless you take it in disbursements over years and years.

The progressive value shown is paid, less taxes withheld, by your choice of check or cheques according to a dealer. I'm not sure I believe cheques are an option, but if they are you could start burning your winnings immediately instead of waiting for the check to clear.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
May 31st, 2015 at 11:40:08 AM permalink
The first winner took 10k in cash and the other 470k or so in a check and promptly blew the 10k in about 45 minutes. Some were wondering how much of the $5 goes into the progressive. That figure seems to be 81 cents making it a little over 15%.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
1BB
1BB
June 1st, 2015 at 9:45:31 AM permalink
Has anyone ever wondered what would would happen if two players hit the progressive in the same round? Would they each get the full payout? Would they split the payout? Would the first player to be dealt the royal win? No, no and no.

Only one player would win and it would be the first person paid meaning the person sitting farthest to the dealer's right. It's in the rules but not posted. The odds on that happening must be very high.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
racquet
racquet
  • Threads: 50
June 1st, 2015 at 4:08:06 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

It's in the rules but not posted. The odds on that happening must be very high.

So there are written rules that you have seen? How do you get a copy?
1BB
1BB
June 1st, 2015 at 4:18:32 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

So there are written rules that you have seen? How do you get a copy?

I didn't see them and I don't know about getting a copy. My information comes from a longtime pit boss who had just attended a high level meeting with the Table Games Manager and various executives. His information has always been accurate.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
June 1st, 2015 at 4:27:01 PM permalink

... I noticed the table displays announced "Jackpot Pending" in place of a dollar amount for well over a half hour before a new jackpot value of $200K+ was displayed. ...

I infer from my previous post that the absence of a posted jackpot amount is the queue for players that there is no jackpot at the moment. However, it's possible someday someone will put up a nickle under those circumstances and be sorely disappointed when their winning hand pays nothing. I suppose it's just hoping for too much that the dealers are trained to turn back Super 4 Progressive wagers that can't possibly win.

• Jump to: