JimMorrison
JimMorrison
  • Threads: 21
April 27th, 2011 at 12:44:13 AM permalink
Stars announced today that they are now able to process cashouts for US players. You must cash the entire balance at once, using one method. I don't think e-checks will be available for a few more days but you can get a check or if your balance is over $10,000 you can get a bankwire. Balances over $50,000 are available only by bankwire. Stars also said they are in discussions with DoJ to be allowed to let players redeem their FPP's.
EvenBob: "Look America, I have a tiny wee-wee, can anybody help me?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
April 27th, 2011 at 4:29:00 AM permalink
Ah, yes... But Full Tilt, which has far more US players than PS, is blatantly ignoring their loyal following. No emails or phone calls are being answered, no checks are being sent. And Absolute, they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
April 27th, 2011 at 4:37:39 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Ah, yes... But Full Tilt, which has far more US players than PS, is blatantly ignoring their loyal following. No emails or phone calls are being answered, no checks are being sent. And Absolute, they seem to have dropped off the face of the earth.

Full Tilt has more US players than Stars? Stars is the number one site by far. I have a hard time believing that Tilt has more US players. And since when does a poker site have a phone number you can call anyways? Or course no calls are being answered, nobody is calling. Absolute is cheating scum to begin with. But God forbid people concentrate on a positive thing for today. There's time to bitch about FTP or whatever later. But like I said all along Stars has stepped up as fast as they can like the class act they've always been.
lucky13
lucky13
  • Threads: 8
April 27th, 2011 at 5:46:45 AM permalink
I requested withdrawal via E-Check today (4/27). When it comes through, I'll post. Also, they paid tournament tickets and steps at $1/$1.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
April 27th, 2011 at 6:54:56 AM permalink

The fact Absolute were still in business and Helmuth promoted them after their cheating scandal tells you all you need to know about that company.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
April 27th, 2011 at 7:50:07 AM permalink
This is indeed good news for Stars players. I just cashed out my account(as a micro player not much just 143$). I cant wait to start playing again. Does anyone know how much 1000 FPPs are worth and do you think we will be compensated for those ?.
lucky13
lucky13
April 27th, 2011 at 10:49:03 AM permalink
Edit, I erred in my last post. For tournament buy-ins, Step1's worth $7.50 go for 500 points. Step 2 worth $27 for 1,750. Step 3 worth $82 for 5,125 FPPs. Can't wait to see what they give for FPPs. They've been pretty good so far with my dealings, and full pay for tournament tickets. I'm assuming the FPPs will be paid at a rate similar to the Step Value.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
April 27th, 2011 at 2:52:12 PM permalink
Quote: lucky13

Edit, I erred in my last post. For tournament buy-ins, Step1's worth $7.50 go for 500 points. Step 2 worth $27 for 1,750. Step 3 worth $82 for 5,125 FPPs. Can't wait to see what they give for FPPs. They've been pretty good so far with my dealings, and full pay for tournament tickets. I'm assuming the FPPs will be paid at a rate similar to the Step Value.

2500 points could be exchanged in the VIP Store for $25 so I'm guessing it'll be around that conversion, 1 point for 1 cent. And you'll probably have to have a min of 2500 points or something like that.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 27th, 2011 at 3:19:25 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Full Tilt has more US players than Stars?

I meant to say percentage wise, oops.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
April 27th, 2011 at 3:33:53 PM permalink

I meant to say percentage wise, oops.

Gotcha. Yeah I don't know the breakdown of Tilt's US players compared to their non-US but have no doubt that it's gotta be over 50%. If someone told me it was 60% I don't think I'd be shocked.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 27th, 2011 at 3:43:21 PM permalink
Quote: JimMorrison

Gotcha. Yeah I don't know the breakdown of Tilt's US players compared to their non-US but have no doubt that it's gotta be over 50%. If someone told me it was 60% I don't think I'd be shocked.

I read its like 55% and PS is 30%. Tilt is totally ignoring the US players, not even sending generic emails. Who were Tilts big pro sponsers? I think Mike the Mouth and Tom Dwan are two of them.
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
April 27th, 2011 at 3:49:23 PM permalink

I read its like 55% and PS is 30%. Tilt is totally ignoring the US players, not even sending generic emails. Who were Tilts big pro sponsers? I think Mike the Mouth and Tom Dwan are two of them.

Who wasn't one of Tilt's big name players is a better question. I wouldn't say they are totally ignoring the US players, they've made a few statements. And honestly there hasn't been a ton they could do til now. More alarming to me is they haven't processed any Neteller and I believe Moneybooker cashouts since Black Friday. I know people who have gotten paid on credit cards but that tells me they got hit pretty bad with frozen accounts if they can't even process NT cashouts. If DoJ isn't going to unfreeze any money to allow US players to be paid back then they could be waiting quite a while for Full Tilt.
lucky13
lucky13
May 5th, 2011 at 11:56:09 AM permalink
FWIW: Earlier this week I received 100% of the cash that remained in my PokerStars account, 100% of the value of my Step and Tournament Tickets, and nothing so far for FPPs. I wish someone had taken my up on paying 50% of the value of deposits.....
JimMorrison
JimMorrison
May 5th, 2011 at 2:59:17 PM permalink
Quote: lucky13

FWIW: Earlier this week I received 100% of the cash that remained in my PokerStars account, 100% of the value of my Step and Tournament Tickets, and nothing so far for FPPs. I wish someone had taken my up on paying 50% of the value of deposits.....

LOL no kidding. Yeah Stars paid off everything and it was in my account in less than 48 hours from the time I cashed out.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
May 5th, 2011 at 3:05:33 PM permalink
I must say I am honestly surprised at how seamless the PS refund was. When they return and they will I would have no problem playing w them again.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
slyther
slyther
  • Threads: 13
May 10th, 2011 at 10:59:35 AM permalink
I received my PStars cashout today..lickety split, I think I asked for it last Friday.
  • Jump to: