MrCasinoGames
MrCasinoGames
Joined: Sep 13, 2010
  • Threads: 195
  • Posts: 1832
Thanks for this post from:
Boz
April 17th, 2019 at 1:38:18 PM permalink
PENNSYLVANIA ONLINE CASINO, POKER TO LAUNCH JULY 15. http://bit.ly/2VX8oCp

On Wednesday, Pennsylvania gaming regulators said at a hearing in Harrisburg that the state’s online casino gaming will kick off in 90 days, setting the stage for a July 15, 2019 launch. http://bit.ly/2VX8oCp
Stephen Au-Yeung (Legend of New Table Games®) NewTableGames.com
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 219
  • Posts: 11213
April 17th, 2019 at 1:56:08 PM permalink
Quote: MrCasinoGames

PENNSYLVANIA ONLINE CASINO, POKER TO LAUNCH JULY 15. http://bit.ly/2VX8oCp

On Wednesday, Pennsylvania gaming regulators said at a hearing in Harrisburg that the state’s online casino gaming will kick off in 90 days, setting the stage for a July 15, 2019 launch. http://bit.ly/2VX8oCp



Did they get the Wire Act straightened out to allow online poker pooling with other states?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 801
April 17th, 2019 at 2:19:07 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Did they get the Wire Act straightened out to allow online poker pooling with other states?



I cant find it but i swear i read an opinion or a transcript which basically states that all gambling need to be interstate. not that it was illegal to gamble online. at least thats what i initially thought about the "new interpretation" which was apparently them saying the gambling cant leave the state.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 219
  • Posts: 11213
April 17th, 2019 at 2:32:43 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

I cant find it but i swear i read an opinion or a transcript which basically states that all gambling need to be interstate. not that it was illegal to gamble online. at least thats what i initially thought about the "new interpretation" which was apparently them saying the gambling cant leave the state.



Intrastate?
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14156
April 17th, 2019 at 2:50:35 PM permalink
FEDERAL interpretation is 'in Pennsylvanio only"

Pennsylvania does not agree and will only require that the online bettor not be inside a Pennsylvania casino at the time.
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 120
  • Posts: 801
April 17th, 2019 at 4:03:31 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Intrastate?



dont ever trust a drunk person
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 89
  • Posts: 3811
April 17th, 2019 at 6:13:43 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

FEDERAL interpretation is 'in Pennsylvanio only"

Pennsylvania does not agree and will only require that the online bettor not be inside a Pennsylvania casino at the time.


Another "interpretation" involving whether, say, online poker is covered under 18 USC 1804, which specifies only "sporting event or contest" in its ban.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 219
  • Posts: 11213
April 22nd, 2019 at 7:04:31 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Another "interpretation" involving whether, say, online poker is covered under 18 USC 1804, which specifies only "sporting event or contest" in its ban.



Listening to GambleOn, seems that Poker will be PA only, not pooled, for now. General feeling is PA is a large enough state that online poker action will be good not great. Really need NJ and CA to get in the pool. Sports is nogo for the moment.

Can't wait for legal online poker. Hopefully people who were afraid to try it before fill the aquarium. Personally will not touch "casino games" or slots online. Sports I have to make time to get back into.

Sports going online will mean that a bunch of runners will be out of work. Walking to the kiosks may be the only exercise a few of them get.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
Joined: Nov 17, 2009
  • Threads: 233
  • Posts: 6685
April 22nd, 2019 at 2:37:56 PM permalink
Any word on what the rake is going to be? PA really put the screws into the slot business when they first launched.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 219
  • Posts: 11213
April 22nd, 2019 at 3:34:29 PM permalink
Quote: Ayecarumba

Any word on what the rake is going to be? PA really put the screws into the slot business when they first launched.



Haven't heard but despite a slot rake higher than mafia rates PA has been reasonable on most other gaming.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing

  • Jump to: