cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
March 30th, 2013 at 1:18:06 PM permalink
On TVG.com, they are advertising that there could be legal US gambling coming soon, via their sister site (also owned by betfair) called flutter.com .
http://www.flutter.com
Perhaps they are going to make deals with NJ or other jurisdictions that are legalizing online gaming.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
March 30th, 2013 at 4:13:24 PM permalink
This is exactly where I get confused when you consider online gambling is supposedly supposed to only be available intrastate. By the way companies are so excited to get those licenses, I think they are pretty confident they will only have to be licensed in 1 state to do business in them all. Whatever appeal or law which will happen to make it so, I do not know. I do know they know more than I do and would bet something other than promised will be the norm before too long.
I am a robot.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
March 30th, 2013 at 7:23:10 PM permalink
I'm not a lawyer, but I would speculate that they are going to argue that an on-line gambler from Oklahoma, or what have you, is merely doing business in a State where on-line gambling is legal. I could be totally off-base, though.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
cclub79
cclub79
  • Threads: 35
March 30th, 2013 at 7:28:55 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I'm not a lawyer, but I would speculate that they are going to argue that an on-line gambler from Oklahoma, or what have you, is merely doing business in a State where on-line gambling is legal. I could be totally off-base, though.

If TVG is any indication, they are pretty careful about where they operate. They don't treat the fact that they are licensed to do Horse Racing in one (or several) states as permission to work in every other state. My guess is they'll stick to the first state that legalizes it, and then work hard to gain official approval in other states. But I could be way off-base, too.
  • Jump to: