roudy12345
roudy12345
  • Threads: 9
May 4th, 2015 at 11:22:25 AM permalink
Great site guys! I gamble ALOT! This site has made my gambling a lot less expensive haha . So I have a question about CEE-LO or 4-5-6 whichever you guys call it... I have a version I played with my friends, & I'm curious what would be the best way to get the statistical advantage! I'm gonna give all the info on the rules of the way we play, and if you could explain with math if possible how to obtain the advantage... i'm also new to this game so I'm not wanting someone else to know how to obtain the advantage, & not know how to myself!

We roll to see who wins the bank...
Bank lays down amount they would like the bank to be... Lets use this as an example these numbers are higher then what we did, but maybe it'll help with the math. Let's say they make the bank $100. We had 3 people playing against the bank placing bets against them.. say $10 per person. If the banker who rolls first rolls 4-5-6 , a 6 , or any trips on the dice they win. If they roll a 1 or a 1-2-3 they lose automatically. If they come up with a point say they roll 4 - 4 - 3 . There point is a 3 . Everyone rolls, and if you roll higher you win your bet amount, tie is a push, and if your roll is lower you lose. if someone besides the bank rolls a 4-5-6 they become the bank if they wish too or they can sell the bank to someone else at the table, or if noone wants it the bank can remain the same. You can say before the round to want to bet the bank... The person to the left of the bank has priority to do this if they don't want to it goes around to the left till someone wants to.. if nobody wants to the game is played normal with people just betting $1 everytime or $10 whatver they want to do. The bank isn't allowed to put more money in or pull money out after they establish the amount they want to start with.

Sorry to bore you with the details if you already understand the game. I was hoping to give you details about how we played in case they were different from what you know. What I've read online is the banker has the advantage by 2.5%, but noone can explain to me why this is...

Why I think it's important to become the banker is you have the opportunity to roll trips before everyone else does because 1-1-1 , 2-2-2, 3-3-3, 4-4-4, 5-5-5, 6-6-6 is a automatic winner, but there is no counter roll to block these out. So What I think would be the thing to do is bet the minimum against the banker if your not the banker, & hope you roll a 4-5-6 to become the banker. Make the bank bigger So people will have a hard time buying you out of it. Then you only lose it if they roll a 4-5-6. Also say someone makes the bank $10.00 & people normally play for $0.25-$0.50. Would it worth gambling the $10.00 to obtain the bank so people will have to bet there quarters against you? Sometimes people might bet $1, but most of the bets are small.

If you have any questions please let me know! I'll try to answer as soon as I can
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
May 7th, 2015 at 9:31:45 AM permalink
Quote: roudy12345

I have a version I played with my friends,

there are many many versions to this game and even versions of versions during play i have seen
this and the japanese version i can not get into

time for a new and super fun dice game i say
right Don!

& I'm curious what would be the best way to get the statistical advantage!

change the rules so the bank has more ways to win on the first roll

I'm gonna give all the info on the rules of the way we play,
and if you could explain with math if possible how to obtain the advantage...

maybe later for me
i think this is right up the alley that leads to Don
he is in CA

Sorry to bore you with the details if you already understand the game.
I was hoping to give you details about how we played in case they were different from what you know.
What I've read online is the banker has the advantage by 2.5%, but noone can explain to me why this is...

the groups i know that like to play this game have their own dice
and only use their dice to roll

so maybe i be biased right here

the Wizard of Odds should have a page on this game
but i do not see it
I Heart Vi Hart
  • Jump to: