ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 56
  • Posts: 2475
Thanks for this post from:
Lovecomps
August 22nd, 2018 at 11:38:30 PM permalink
How long is this table anyway, 16 feet, and I'm at one end? I've been playing for 3 hours with a shooter who can't shoot without a "die off the table" every other roll. She threw a 7-out and the dice were nowhere near halfway down the table and of course they refused to call "no roll." She may shoot points and 7-winners, but she fundamentally cannot learn to throw the dice whatsoever. She kept throwing them into the stick's dice cup, lol. Her boyfriend talks to her for a second and she 7's-out then blames her boyfriend for talking. The beverage lady comes around several times to interrupt the shooters who are shooting.

I was at stick right, threw a good hand. I looked at the left hand side of the table, got disgusted, so I moved to the right corner next to the Don't Come so I can reach it. The whole left side of the table passed the dice and they came right back to me. A new stickman showed up, saw me setting dice, then said "Hit the back wall!" I'm incredulous. I usually throw them down to the Come line on the far end, then the dice hit each other and they don't hit the back wall but ricochet to the side walls.

This stickman looked like a young Stephen Miller, so I wonder how much trouble I'm in for missing the backwall when nobody gave a flying fig all afternoon.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
August 23rd, 2018 at 12:28:16 AM permalink
Rules are rules. Always hit the back wall. Just because one person doesnt make you doesnt mean the person who does is being a dick.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
August 23rd, 2018 at 2:03:52 AM permalink
A good reply when they ask you to hit the back wall is: "If I don't hit the back wall for my wife, I'm sure as hell not going to hit it for you..."

Tends to lighten up the mood at a table that isn't especially fun.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
August 23rd, 2018 at 6:31:57 AM permalink
A jocular mood is fine particularly since the crew is intoning that back wall stuff for their own protection since if too many shooters simply don't do things right the entire crew can get written up for it. Surveillance is watching so is the Floor and so is the Pit. In making that statement to you they are not necessarily thinking negative things about your shooting style, they are just thinking about their jobs.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 191
  • Posts: 10547
August 23rd, 2018 at 8:09:25 AM permalink
Quote: Jmarch79

A good reply when they ask you to hit the back wall is: "If I don't hit the back wall for my wife, I'm sure as hell not going to hit it for you..."

Tends to lighten up the mood at a table that isn't especially fun.


Simper, funnier and more to the point:

“.... that’s what she said.”
I invented a few casino games. Info: http://www.DaveMillerGaming.com/ ————————————————————————————————————— Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
Jmarch79
Jmarch79
Joined: Apr 24, 2018
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 232
August 23rd, 2018 at 2:30:17 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Simper, funnier and more to the point:

“.... that’s what she said.”



Doesn't seem to get the same reaction.
speedycrap
speedycrap
Joined: Oct 13, 2013
  • Threads: 46
  • Posts: 1252
Thanks for this post from:
KevinAA
August 23rd, 2018 at 2:42:44 PM permalink
"Hit the back wall" is the rule. So the stick or crew is just SAYING what he/she is supposed to say. Nothing special. Even if you dont hit the back wall, it will still be a roll. No roll is really really rare. Just reply like "I am trying my best". Case closed. Have a winning session.
KevinAA
KevinAA
Joined: Jul 6, 2017
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 281
January 12th, 2019 at 12:25:23 PM permalink
I started playing craps fairly recently (after spending a lot of time reading trying to figure it out). My first throw barely went past the halfway point. The stickman advised me that I need to hit the back wall. My second throw sent one die off the table. After that, I got the gist of it.

Pretend like you're a baseball pitcher, the dice is the ball, and the back wall or the felt close to it is the catcher. It works every time.

Stop wasting our time trying to set the dice. Just throw it!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
January 12th, 2019 at 4:44:50 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

"Hit the back wall" is the rule. So the stick or crew is just SAYING what he/she is supposed to say. Nothing special. Even if you dont hit the back wall, it will still be a roll. No roll is really really rare. Just reply like "I am trying my best". Case closed. Have a winning session.



Sadly. It will still be a roll. The last time I played craps, I was playing the all tall small, with dealer tips on all 3. I was setting 3V and throwing a nice arch, and it was working really well. We'd already gotten the small, and only 12 was left for tall and all. My finger slipped on 1 die, and I said so as I released them.

The one I threw correctly hit the diamonds and came up a six. The one that slipped only went halfway to the wall and was, of course, a one. I said "no roll?" hopefully, but they ruled it good. It was the good paytable, too. 35:1 and 175:1. I had some faint hope, with the tips up and all, they would enforce their own rule, but no.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
Joined: Apr 11, 2010
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 549
January 12th, 2019 at 4:49:01 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Sadly. It will still be a roll. The last time I played craps, I was playing the all tall small, with dealer tips on all 3. I was setting 3V and throwing a nice arch, and it was working really well. We'd already gotten the small, and only 12 was left for tall and all. My finger slipped on 1 die, and I said so as I released them.

The one I threw correctly hit the diamonds and came up a six. The one that slipped only went halfway to the wall and was, of course, a one. I said "no roll?" hopefully, but they ruled it good. It was the good paytable, too. 35:1 and 175:1. I had some faint hope, with the tips up and all, they would enforce their own rule, but no.



What actually matters in intent. If you intended to hit the back wall, and both dice left your hand with a forward motion, it is a roll. We will caution you to try harder next time, but still a roll.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies

  • Jump to: