29 votes (87.87%)
4 votes (12.12%)

33 members have voted

petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
October 10th, 2013 at 11:35:55 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Or ruthless croquet even. It's a new idea to me though to think that Craps has any aspect of player competition.

Ruthless croquet,,,that's hilarious.

Craps competition,,,they have craps tournaments fairly often don't they? I've never been to one but I thought they would have serious contenders competing for the best score.

Don't tell me it's just a bunch of people seeing who can throw the most dice in a given amount of time like the slot tourney's
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
October 10th, 2013 at 11:56:23 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

Ruthless croquet,,,that's hilarious.

Craps competition,,,they have craps tournaments fairly often don't they? I've never been to one but I thought they would have serious contenders competing for the best score.

Don't tell me it's just a bunch of people seeing who can throw the most dice in a given amount of time like the slot tourney's

Craps tournaments are basically like playing bingo. When I got eliminated, that round I didn't have a chance to throw the dice.

LAME! On the previous round, I held the dice for 95% of the round and nobody else got to throw. One person won more money than me on that round.

I am actually wanting to make a skill-based craps tournament. A skill based tournament where the same player continues to win is great for demonstrating that skill can be a determining factor.

I think craps tournaments should offer infinite odds and allow zero dollar pass line and come bets (everyone gets seven zero-dollar chips that you can't lose or win from). Hardways should pay 11-for-1 and 9-for-1. Hops should pay 36-for-1 and 18-for-1. Field should pay triple on the two and twelve, free buy bets, etc.

From there, maybe have a time limit for each shooter and allow them to play on an empty table for a pre-determined time limit or until they choose to be "done."
aahigh.com
wudged
wudged
  • Threads: 2
October 10th, 2013 at 12:12:04 PM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

I think craps tournaments should offer infinite odds and allow zero dollar pass line and come bets (everyone gets seven zero-dollar chips that you can't lose or win from).

Do the infinite odds also apply to the zero dollar pass/come bets? Talk about opportunity!

The few tournaments I've played have actually allowed no-vig buys. At Harrington, DE I started buying the 6/8 and the box got pissed. The next time they had a tournament you were only allowed to buy 4/10 !
ontariodealer
ontariodealer
  • Threads: 7
October 10th, 2013 at 12:37:24 PM permalink
100% true.....on craps, they even write the guy who was on break up.
get second you pig
Buzzard
Buzzard
October 10th, 2013 at 12:46:48 PM permalink
First grievance I handled in Denver . International Operator's Center. New hire 30 day appraisal. " Chronically Almost Late ".

Her name was Karyn, she wore a Harley Davidson bandana. Would sit out in hallway until 37 seconds before her tour started.

Would then close her book, key card in door, go to her position and just as the second hand hit 12, she would plug in her head seat.

OMG, did the female supervisors there hate her !

Needless to say I got that remark removed and Karyn and I went to a biker bar to celebrate.

AH, the good old days !

Wonder what Babs did at FAA to get her reputation as a trouble maker ?
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 10th, 2013 at 1:02:39 PM permalink
Quote: Buzzard

First grievance I handled in Denver . International Operator's Center. New hire 30 day appraisal. " Chronically Almost Late ".

Her name was Karyn, she wore a Harley Davidson bandana. Would sit out in hallway until 37 seconds before her tour started.

Would then close her book, key card in door, go to her position and just as the second hand hit 12, she would plug in her head seat.

OMG, did the female supervisors there hate her !

Needless to say I got that remark removed and Karyn and I went to a biker bar to celebrate.

AH, the good old days !

Wonder what Babs did at FAA to get her reputation as a trouble maker ?

Well, geez...I was in the hot seat once working Air Force One when Air Force Two taxiied early and I had to say something to him. I told him, "Hold for wake turbulence". You're not allowed to delay either one, but you also have to protect the airspace around each, and you're required to give a reason if you delay any aircraft, and you're not allowed to refer to wake turbulence when speaking about either, but you're not allowed not to answer when he calls (this is all public record on procedures). I took the least offensive path and still got smacked upside the head with a clipboard (not that the smacker had a better answer).

Will that do for now? I got a hundred of 'em, but would hate to bore you.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Buzzard
Buzzard
October 10th, 2013 at 1:12:20 PM permalink
Just remember there is no age requirements for this forum before posting any Christmas party stories.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 10th, 2013 at 2:15:33 PM permalink
Quote: wudged

Do the infinite odds also apply to the zero dollar pass/come bets? Talk about opportunity!

The few tournaments I've played have actually allowed no-vig buys. At Harrington, DE I started buying the 6/8 and the box got pissed. The next time they had a tournament you were only allowed to buy 4/10 !

Yeah, in general, you should have zero edge on all bets. There can still be a max odds bet and a max place bet, max hardway bet, etc. Just to even the playing field a bit. But as a multiple of a zero dollar come bet, you have to have infinite odds only limited by the max odds bets. The only value in the mechanic is that if you have $20,000 max odds and $10,000 max bet on place bets, you can get $30,000 on a single number after you roll it once since there has been a seven. IE: No zero dollar put bets. This enables some of the mechanics of winning big (roll a box number more than once to get more money on the number) without having an edge.

But there should be no edges on any bets in a skill-based craps tournament, IMO.
aahigh.com
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
October 10th, 2013 at 7:44:20 PM permalink

Yeah, in general, you should have zero edge on all bets. There can still be a max odds bet and a max place bet, max hardway bet, etc. Just to even the playing field a bit. But as a multiple of a zero dollar come bet, you have to have infinite odds only limited by the max odds bets. The only value in the mechanic is that if you have $20,000 max odds and $10,000 max bet on place bets, you can get $30,000 on a single number after you roll it once since there has been a seven. IE: No zero dollar put bets. This enables some of the mechanics of winning big (roll a box number more than once to get more money on the number) without having an edge.

But there should be no edges on any bets in a skill-based craps tournament, IMO.

But they are NOT skill based craps tournaments. They are craps tournaments.

While playing the game you described would make any bet on the table virtually the same, that is not a craps game. You will never get all of those conditions on a real game. Therefore, the winner of your version can lay claim to what? They are the best player for this weird version of the game that will never be found in the wild.

Now, this is not to say that the winner of a craps tournament makes that person a great craps player either. It does say, for that period of time, they had the best winning bets of all of the players.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 10th, 2013 at 10:07:08 PM permalink
Quote: RaleighCraps

But they are NOT skill based craps tournaments. They are craps tournaments.

While playing the game you described would make any bet on the table virtually the same, that is not a craps game. You will never get all of those conditions on a real game. Therefore, the winner of your version can lay claim to what? They are the best player for this weird version of the game that will never be found in the wild.

Now, this is not to say that the winner of a craps tournament makes that person a great craps player either. It does say, for that period of time, they had the best winning bets of all of the players.

Craps tournaments today in Vegas are like lottery drawings. It has nothing to do with throwing the dice. In general, if there is any skill to a craps tournament it is knowing that the winner is going to be betting high edge bets because the low edge bets can't win enough to come out in first place given that there are approximately 20 throws of the dice per round.

A common technique used at tournaments is to have groups cooperating and covering all the hops to consolidate money to one player. Hardly anything to do with the game of craps. More like just handing money to each other until one person has the most at the table.

Given your statement that all the bets are the same, do you think all the bets on roulette are the same too? Just curious what level of detail you use to evaluate a bet, but the only thing that should be the same for a skill-based craps tournament should be the edge and it should be zero IMO. But that's just my opinion, and it only matters to someone who would like to see some demonstration of skill by having the same person win.
aahigh.com
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 167
October 10th, 2013 at 10:57:45 PM permalink

Is Boz short for anything? Just curious.

Any particular reason why you asked this question? Is Ahigh short for anything? Or just a different way of saying something else?
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 12:18:42 AM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

Any particular reason why you asked this question? Is Ahigh short for anything? Or just a different way of saying something else?

Yeah, it's the first letter of my first name and the first four letters of my last name. It's also my license plate, my e-mail address (ahigh at yahoo dot com), and some people even call me "ahigh" in the real world, so it's also my nickname.

Boz, to me, is from Charlie's Angels. I was just wondering.
aahigh.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
October 11th, 2013 at 12:55:03 AM permalink
You guys actually believe in dice influence? I'm shocked like a heart attack. Unfortunately for you I didn't have one. It's terrible. Absolutely terrible the bullshit you kind dice influencers put down on the public. Pie in the sky, brother, right? All you got to say when another dice influencer craps out is" He didnt' do it right!" Ain't that right, dumass? Then you're compulsive gamblin' ass is covered again. For whatever compulsive bullshit you're gonna do next, right brother? Because all you are is a compulsive gambler. You dice influencers are compulsive gamblers masquerading as the real deal professional. As a full time professional gambler I don' take any shit off a light weight bastard. Let me remind you.

Give up your job, light weight. Put all your money on that bullshit. I've already seen some bragging up front. Jump on out here, Mr. professional dice thrower.

"Welcone to my world
Won't you come on in
Miracles, I guess
Still happen now and then"

And yes, Babs. You cought me drunk again.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 1:27:51 AM permalink
Quote: mickeycrimm

You guys actually believe in dice influence? I'm shocked like a heart attack. Unfortunately for you I didn't have one. It's terrible. Absolutely terrible the bullshit you kind dice influencers put down on the public. Pie in the sky, brother, right? All you got to say when another dice influencer craps out is" He didnt' do it right!" Ain't that right, dumass? Then you're compulsive gamblin' ass is covered again. For whatever compulsive bullshit you're gonna do next, right brother? Because all you are is a compulsive gambler. You dice influencers are compulsive gamblers masquerading as the real deal professional. As a full time professional gambler I don' take any shit off a light weight bastard. Let me remind you.

Give up your job, light weight. Put all your money on that bullshit. I've already seen some bragging up front. Jump on out here, Mr. professional dice thrower.

"Welcone to my world
Won't you come on in
Miracles, I guess
Still happen now and then"

And yes, Babs. You cought me drunk again.

Wow. I would be willing to meet up with you and talk about the possibility of advantage play on craps if you were truly interested. Of course you would have to sober up first.

If you know more about it than I do, as you seem to imply, maybe I could learn something from you.
aahigh.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 11th, 2013 at 1:36:03 AM permalink

Wow. I would be willing to meet up with you and talk about the possibility of advantage play on craps if you were truly interested. Of course you would have to sober up first.

If you know more about it than I do, as you seem to imply, maybe I could learn something from you.

I don't hang around with a guy that throws away a pair of queens for an RF3 in a flattop Bonus Poker game. Ahigh, you keep on doing what you're doing, brother. Professional gambling is not part of your itenarary, but I don't give a rat's ass.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 11th, 2013 at 1:42:57 AM permalink

I don't hang around with a guy that throws away a pair of queens for an RF3 in a flattop Bonus Poker game. Ahigh, you keep on doing what you're doing, brother. Professional gambling is not part of your itenarary, but I don't give a rat's ass.

The thread was about ethics, you know anything about that?

Whilst I brought that up, suppose there was some way to ap vp, you think that's ethical?

You really up in Montana? I starved out of there 5 times.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 11th, 2013 at 1:55:42 AM permalink

The thread was about ethics, you know anything about that?

Whilst I brought that up, suppose there was some way to ap vp, you think that's ethical?

You really up in Montana? I starved out of there 5 times.

You're joking me,right? This is the easiest state in the frickin' country....as long as you can handle the winters. petroglyph, c'mon now brother, did you really miss all the machine plays here? This is the easiest shit in America. C'mon, petroglyph, you can do better than that. clue: you have to be able to use your head for something else besides a hat rack.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 11th, 2013 at 3:11:29 AM permalink

You're joking me,right? This is the easiest state in the frickin' country....as long as you can handle the winters. petroglyph, c'mon now brother, did you really miss all the machine plays here? This is the easiest shit in America. C'mon, petroglyph, you can do better than that. clue: you have to be able to use your head for something else besides a hat rack.

Use my head for something besides a hat rack? Hell, I think I was using it for a club. Last time I was there was in 83. They still had "go cups" and the speed limit was reasonable and prudent. I don't think they had legal gambling at the time but they had lots of drinking.

Is Evil Knievel's bar still in Billings?

I went to Alaska, believe it or not it was easier to make money there. That's funny about winter's. But at least in Ak, it doesn't snow in July and August.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
October 11th, 2013 at 3:39:27 AM permalink

You guys actually believe in dice influence?

Yes, I believe in the possibility of dice influencing. And if you read Sharpshooter's book you would understand why the possibility exists.

Notice I said "possibility."

So to everyone: keep trying.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
October 11th, 2013 at 4:18:46 AM permalink

Thanks for an example from your fine array of solidly backed and researched beliefs. Why not share them all?

Is Boz short for anything? Just curious.

Feel free to add the "O" if you would like. Whatever else you "may" have added has made a difference in you so why stop now?
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 8:27:13 AM permalink

Awwww, shucks! And I was hoping to meet the man, the myth, the legend. Well, you keep believing what you want to believe too, Mr. Professional.
aahigh.com
Boz
Boz
October 11th, 2013 at 8:41:28 AM permalink

Awwww, shucks! And I was hoping to meet the man, the myth, the legend. Well, you keep believing what you want to believe too, Mr. Professional.

So you dont believe he is who he says he is? Mickey has the reputation that you can only dream of. While you are thought of as a joke to most everyone on here, Mickey has taken the hard road and found the advantages that are out there. You say you dont want to do this for a living and are only a "researcher", but I believe you envy Mickey and the others who have PROVEN what they believe in. Also there is NO MYTH when it comes to proving something.

Boz (O)
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
October 11th, 2013 at 9:22:08 AM permalink
pet

I Bow hunted Montana one time for Elk.. That was a really fantastic
trip until one of those really big bears decided to let us know that
it was .... his home....

He had a much better argument than we did.. so we left rather
quickly.... and i am never going back....

Me and ahigh would have a better chance of being friends, than
me getting within 100 miles of that bear.

dicesetter
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 9:43:59 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

So you dont believe he is who he says he is? Mickey has the reputation that you can only dream of. While you are thought of as a joke to most everyone on here, Mickey has taken the hard road and found the advantages that are out there. You say you dont want to do this for a living and are only a "researcher", but I believe you envy Mickey and the others who have PROVEN what they believe in. Also there is NO MYTH when it comes to proving something.

Boz (O)

No, I don't envy him. I would like to meet him because I actually share some of his viewpoints on if these folks weren't living in fantasy land, they would be more affluent. I am no stranger to money, and as Rick points out, it's not from my craps play. It's because I have had a very successful 30 year career so far writing video game software.

I am a full time researcher, though. There is absolutely no question that I am a researcher who specializes in gaming/gambling and gaming technology. That is what I do and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know me. Just like folks who make claims about dice control also don't know what they are talking about often (on both sides of the fence) just spouting a bunch of garbage. And that includes Mickey; I would venture to guess I know more about the possibility of AP craps play than he does, or else he would not be so closed minded about it from my view.

And as far as Mickey's criticism of me, I never ever claimed to know a damn thing about what cards to hold in video poker. I also can't crochet. Nor can I cook a casserole. There are tons of things I can't do. I wouldn't even play video poker if they hadn't disabled my being able to liquidate my player points from the craps table on video roulette. But I don't even try to gamble on those machines, but I have all the paperwork to say that in spite of knowing nothing, I'm a lifetime winner at video poker. Just from pure dumb luck. I bet every free credit once and I cash out, and I generally keep 95% of my player points by that time. In that particular case, I cashed out $200+ cash from player points and was expecting to lose it all. Very VERY lucky. But I never once claimed to have skill at video poker.

Lots of people will tell you I have zero interest in playing videos. That's like work to me. I like fun stuff at the casino. Stuff that is fun for me. I am not trying to have a second income at the casino, but I would like to learn enough about craps that it could be possible.
aahigh.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 11th, 2013 at 9:53:17 AM permalink

Yes, absolutely. Remember, I'm not the one putting down the proposition. It's their proposition. Hang a carrot in front of a donkey and he's gonna try to bite. And it ain't just video poker. It's also video keno, video blackjack, video line games, advantage slots. It's everything. I play it all at an advantage when I can find it. If they don't want me playing it then they shouldn't put it out there.
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 10:23:48 AM permalink

Yes, absolutely. Remember, I'm not the one putting down the proposition. It's their proposition. Hang a carrot in front of a donkey and he's gonna try to bite. And it ain't just video poker. It's also video keno, video blackjack, video line games, advantage slots. It's everything. I play it all at an advantage when I can find it. If they don't want me playing it then they shouldn't put it out there.

Can you take a photo of the car you drive for us Mickey? We know you must have it good and all, but why not show us like SuperRick did?

My car is a heap of crap, and I'll admit I would be a little bit jealous if you drove a $100,000+ car from all that awesome stuff you know about playing videos.

When I was married before my wife tried to talk me into getting a Tesla Roadster, and I didn't do it. I've never owned a car worth more than $30,000 in my life.
aahigh.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 11th, 2013 at 10:35:50 AM permalink

Use my head for something besides a hat rack? Hell, I think I was using it for a club. Last time I was there was in 83. They still had "go cups" and the speed limit was reasonable and prudent. I don't think they had legal gambling at the time but they had lots of drinking.

Is Evil Knievel's bar still in Billings?

I went to Alaska, believe it or not it was easier to make money there. That's funny about winter's. But at least in Ak, it doesn't snow in July and August.

They say Montana is the last best place. "It's a "beer and a shot" state from hell. Which means I fit right in. It was back in the eighties when legalized gambling got started here. There was a big crackdown on drunk driving back in the 80's. The Montana Tavern Owners Association had a big hissy fit about it. They are a pretty big lobby but lost a lot of revenue. Perhaps you've heard of the Texas Holdem hand, Montana Banana, nine-deuce. They say it was Proposition 92 that legalized poker. Then the Montana Legislature threw the Tavern Owners a bone. They legalized video poker and video keno. If you own a liquor license you can have up to 20 machines in your joint. There are about 1700 liquor licenses in the state so, technically, there are 1700 casinos here. In 1999 they legalized multi--game machines. In 2012 video line games were legalized.

You can't get rich off of machines in Montana. It's a max $2 bet and Max $800 jackpot. But I manage to do $40,000 to $50,000 a year here. I lied to you, Axel, about what I make here. I don't need the competition from guys like you. There are only a few of us in the state that know how to exploit it. In Nevada I'm just a dime a dozen guy. But I'm the king of the hill here. I have everyone here out sharped. I have to switch games when certain people walk in the door because I can't let them see what I'm doing.

I've always loved the Northwest. No delusions about getting rich. I don't get any comp anymore. I have to pay my own freight. But I love Big Sky country.

Bobby Knievel's bar no longer exists. The whole state fell out for his funeral. Celebrities came from all over the world. He's buried in Mountain View Cemetery in Butte. There is a new novel out about Butte called "The Richest Hill On Earth" by Richard S. Wheeler. I just finished it last week. It was a pretty good read.

I got this little video poker play called Jackpot Aces. When I got here 7 years ago the play was on dozens of machines. I just got outhouse lucky and stumbled upon it. But the slot techs have followed me all over the state fixing there little problem. I'm down to 3 machines now. I'm headed up to that little Montana mountain town to play it again next month, if it's still there. I feel sorry for the owner of that joint so I don't hit it so heavy anymore. It's a 50 cent bet game with a 13.5% advantage. How would you like to have a $65 an hour play where you're only making $500 an hour in action?

This old dinosaur just bought his first Android last week. I'll take a snapshot of the Jackpot Aces game and post it up here so you guys know I ain't lying. My buddy All tells me I have to turn the GPS off on the Android or else you guys could figure out where the play is. I'll be sure to do that.
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 10:53:33 AM permalink
I can't afford to be an advantage VP player here in Vegas even if I wanted to. I have an x-wife, a wife, and my wife has two kids, and all of them depend on me.

But if I could make a million a year playing craps .. consistently .. that would be when the money might be hard to pass up. If I have a +$100,000 month I might think about it, but $4,000 to $20,000 profit in one month wouldn't make any difference to me at all right now.

I appreciate your sharing numbers. I personally think it's damn hard to be an AP player, and I respect you for sharing details with us, Mickey.
aahigh.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 11th, 2013 at 11:08:37 AM permalink

I appreciate your sharing numbers. I personally think it's damn hard to be an AP player, and I respect you for sharing details with us, Mickey.

Thanks, Ahigh. My best best year in Nevada was $83,000. Yes, it's damn hard to be an AP.
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 11:18:29 AM permalink

Thanks, Ahigh. My best best year in Nevada was $83,000. Yes, it's damn hard to be an AP.

That is #&$^%& AWESOME!!! You do have tons of credibility here with me and I know others as well. And again, thanks for the details.
aahigh.com
Boz
Boz
October 11th, 2013 at 11:22:26 AM permalink

That is #&$^%& AWESOME!!! You do have tons of credibility here with me and I know others as well. And again, thanks for the details.

You changed that tune quickly. Its almost like you are two different people. What causes the sudden change?
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 11th, 2013 at 11:58:04 AM permalink
Quote: dicesitter

pet

I Bow hunted Montana one time for Elk.. That was a really fantastic
trip until one of those really big bears decided to let us know that
it was .... his home....

He had a much better argument than we did.. so we left rather
quickly.... and i am never going back....

Me and ahigh would have a better chance of being friends, than
me getting within 100 miles of that bear.

dicesetter

Brings new meaning of knife to a gun fight, don't it.

In the great land we call it being "bearanoid", been there.
Ahigh
Ahigh
October 11th, 2013 at 2:03:53 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

You changed that tune quickly. Its almost like you are two different people. What causes the sudden change?

I don't see things as you do. What change are you talking about? I respect his VP play, and he doesn't respect my VP play (which I never claimed to be anything but luck anyway). I still don't think he knows enough about craps to make a conclusion on that, but my congratulations to him are about being open and honest and revealing of his VP; nothing to do with craps.

I do think that if this guy did my circuit around town he might have a different perspective on AP craps. But it sounds like he doesn't live in Vegas, so it really doesn't matter anyway.
aahigh.com
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 11th, 2013 at 5:50:01 PM permalink

I don't see things as you do. What change are you talking about? I respect his VP play, and he doesn't respect my VP play (which I never claimed to be anything but luck anyway). I still don't think he knows enough about craps to make a conclusion on that, but my congratulations to him are about being open and honest and revealing of his VP; nothing to do with craps.

I do think that if this guy did my circuit around town he might have a different perspective on AP craps. But it sounds like he doesn't live in Vegas, so it really doesn't matter anyway.

I live next to the bar. So it's easy for me to go and see what the people are saying on the internet, the gambling forums in particular, WoV, to be succinct. Ahigh, in the process, I have a new found respect for you. Just you, my friend. I consider the rest of them to be idiots, only the dice controllers, I'm talking about.

Yes, the numbers are real. I'm one of the best that does it. You ain't ever gonna get your ass rich being a machine pro. It's what you settle for that counts. Anyone who has the talent to beat gambling has a much brighter future, and much more expectation, in the business world.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
October 11th, 2013 at 7:49:18 PM permalink

I am a full time researcher, though.

Just a suggestion: if you're researching then research. It seems to me you've already made up your mind which makes the research moot.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
October 11th, 2013 at 7:53:05 PM permalink

I can't afford to be an advantage VP player here in Vegas even if I wanted to.

You would face less opposition if you told us you were an advantage video poker player. That is pretty much accepted as possible.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 11th, 2013 at 11:45:44 PM permalink
What? I get home and there isn''t a bitch fight on this thread. I thought you were tough guys.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
October 12th, 2013 at 12:18:52 AM permalink

No, I don't envy him. I would like to meet him because I actually share some of his viewpoints on if these folks weren't living in fantasy land, they would be more affluent. I am no stranger to money, and as Rick points out, it's not from my craps play. It's because I have had a very successful 30 year career so far writing video game software.

I am a full time researcher, though. There is absolutely no question that I am a researcher who specializes in gaming/gambling and gaming technology. That is what I do and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know me. Just like folks who make claims about dice control also don't know what they are talking about often (on both sides of the fence) just spouting a bunch of garbage. And that includes Mickey; I would venture to guess I know more about the possibility of AP craps play than he does, or else he would not be so closed minded about it from my view.

And as far as Mickey's criticism of me, I never ever claimed to know a damn thing about what cards to hold in video poker. I also can't crochet. Nor can I cook a casserole. There are tons of things I can't do. I wouldn't even play video poker if they hadn't disabled my being able to liquidate my player points from the craps table on video roulette. But I don't even try to gamble on those machines, but I have all the paperwork to say that in spite of knowing nothing, I'm a lifetime winner at video poker. Just from pure dumb luck. I bet every free credit once and I cash out, and I generally keep 95% of my player points by that time. In that particular case, I cashed out $200+ cash from player points and was expecting to lose it all. Very VERY lucky. But I never once claimed to have skill at video poker.

Lots of people will tell you I have zero interest in playing videos. That's like work to me. I like fun stuff at the casino. Stuff that is fun for me. I am not trying to have a second income at the casino, but I would like to learn enough about craps that it could be possible.

Ahigh, you have the luxury. I don't. I have to win. I don't have a choice. That's the bottom line, brother. It's either win or hit the rails. And brother, I ain't about to hit the rails again.
petroglyph
petroglyph
October 12th, 2013 at 2:01:53 AM permalink

Ahigh, you have the luxury. I don't. I have to win. I don't have a choice. That's the bottom line, brother. It's either win or hit the rails. And brother, I ain't about to hit the rails again.

That's what always gets me, the lure of easy money.

MickeyCrimm you got style man. Can't put a price on that. Stuff changes.

There is a need out here Mickey, a whole lot of people could really benefit from the truth and in your humorous way. You been approached.

Are you going make this play or what? I know you can see the angles, and it's probably got you thinking about a good score. Only this one's legit, all the way.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
October 12th, 2013 at 3:00:55 AM permalink
Most of the time I wont talk about current plays and even keep a lot of past techniques and plays quite. I kinda figured you were up to something, It didn't make sense you were in Montana with your knowledge, unless you had some niche.

So now, At 13% I already bought my plane tickets and counted my future earnings. Unlike Vegas, Montana = beautiful, I DO LOVE ME SOME FLY FISHING, catching a trout is like hitting a small RF. Heaven=Vegas in some Washington/Organ type state, I CANT STAND THE DESERT.

I'm not sure how often your getting 13% However unless its on an extremely rare hand, a very little bankroll is needed and would be impossible to go broke. It seems your income would flow in steady

Guys like Ahigh and many others don't realize how good even just 1% in VP and slots is. "The long run" comes up real fast, considering you can get out hundreds or even thousands of hands per HR. With some games you don't even need "the long run", you can be almost be certain of a profit within a few Hrs of play.

It really is better some guys are chasing rainbows and unicorns, you wouldn't want the extra competition on real AP.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
vendman1
vendman1
  • Threads: 9
October 12th, 2013 at 6:24:53 AM permalink
Quote: miplet

At least you got picked. I got transferred to the special P.E. class in high school.
I voted yes.

This made me snort coffee out of my nose. Special PE class?....What was "special" about it...did you roll the ball real slow on the floor or something...Use 8 ft rims in basketball or what. Maybe those foam baseballs for little kids. I mean I got picked last in PE a bunch too, so I'm not the most athletic guy. But special PE...please tell me you are joking.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
October 12th, 2013 at 7:18:35 AM permalink
Quote: wudged

The people who pay attention to the whole game

I pay attention to my bets and the broad at the other end of the table with the big boobs. Ain't got time to worry about other player's bankrolls.
  • Jump to: