wrongway
wrongway
  • Threads: 8
July 26th, 2011 at 4:09:35 AM permalink
I have been trying a DP followed by three DC bets that are put back up until 7 out. (no odds) I'm in Atlantic City this week and trying out different strategies that I've been wanting to test. Just wondered if anyone else played this way and how it usually works out for you.
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
July 26th, 2011 at 5:21:45 AM permalink
It can work out good or it can work out bad(when your numbers get picked off all the time). The math folks will tell you to max out your odds to lower the house edge, but then again you have that action on the table that can be lost at any time. When I play I usually have 3 don't bets working(you appear to have 4) and similar to you, I replace whatever gets picked off until the 7-out. You don't say what the table minimum is, but I guess it doesn't really matter. I try to find a low minimum table and my odds on the don't are 6/8-no odds, 5/9-1x and 4/10-2x. Of course depending on the minimum, the 5/9 odds multiplier may have to be modified to get the correct payout, but that's my general play; it's relatively conservative. Good luck in AC!
wrongway
wrongway
  • Threads: 8
July 26th, 2011 at 6:23:34 AM permalink
I would usually lay odds if I were at home where I can often find a $5 table but here its seems $10 is the normal low and I like playing in my comfort zone and bank roll, even if the math is not as good. I did find a $5 at the Hilton yesterday morning but it went to $10 by 9:30 am. I still need to look at the new Golden Nugget though. Used to have a $5 table every so often when it was the Trump Marina. I do like your strategy with the variable odds, although no matter what the math says.... you will never see so many 4's and 10's made as you will when I start laying odds against them!!
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
July 26th, 2011 at 6:50:35 AM permalink
I've played $10 minimums before in Lake Charles, La. and it's out of my comfort zone, so I didn't play for long. I won about $60 and quit.
  • Jump to: