AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4831
December 27th, 2021 at 2:44:28 PM permalink
I just played $10 of free play on 6/5 5-cents per coin Bonus poker. I cashed out $9.

I went to the craps pit to pick up a $15 food comp.

While I was there a player bought in for $60,000 betting $1,000 flat with $10,000 odds.

Before the boxman could write up my $15 comp he had busted out.

Red Rock.

I'm nauseous.
mwalz9
mwalz9
Joined: Feb 7, 2012
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 745
December 27th, 2021 at 2:59:01 PM permalink
On the line? Or the don'ts?

1 number? Or Come bets too?
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 335
  • Posts: 7447
December 27th, 2021 at 3:17:41 PM permalink
I enjoyed watching savvy, well-heeled craps players at Casino Royale take advantage of the 100X odds they offered.

Bet ten bucks on the line and put a grand behind it.
"What, me worry?"
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 555
  • Posts: 3429
December 27th, 2021 at 3:25:45 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

I enjoyed watching savvy, well-heeled craps players at Casino Royale take advantage of the 100X odds they offered.

Bet ten bucks on the line and put a grand behind it.
link to original post

waaaaaaaaay back when at Casino Royale on Xmas day, it was $1 min 100x odds.
it was the Golden Era of craps and it was glorious.
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4831
December 27th, 2021 at 4:45:55 PM permalink
Quote: mwalz9

On the line? Or the don'ts?

1 number? Or Come bets too?
link to original post



Pass line plus some come bets with odds.
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4619
December 27th, 2021 at 4:54:33 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

I just played $10 of free play on 6/5 5-cents per coin Bonus poker. I cashed out $9.

I went to the craps pit to pick up a $15 food comp.

While I was there a player bought in for $60,000 betting $1,000 flat with $10,000 odds.

Before the boxman could write up my $15 comp he had busted out.

Red Rock.

I'm nauseous.



Alan, I am not doubting your claim. Do you have THAT kind of money to lose? I know you once played those kind of limits but was under the impression you were more in retirement mode, more on a fixed income. If you don't have that kind of money to lose....what the hell were you thinking?

Hopefully, things turn around and wishing you a good 2022.

BTW, as you know just a couple years ago that kind of play would have at least gotten you that separate table game mailer with free bets and match plays for a number of months. With stations having done away with that and tightened up, you don't even get that benefit. :(
heatmap
heatmap
Joined: Feb 12, 2018
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 1724
December 27th, 2021 at 5:03:42 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Quote: AlanMendelson

I just played $10 of free play on 6/5 5-cents per coin Bonus poker. I cashed out $9.

I went to the craps pit to pick up a $15 food comp.

While I was there a player bought in for $60,000 betting $1,000 flat with $10,000 odds.

Before the boxman could write up my $15 comp he had busted out.

Red Rock.

I'm nauseous.



Alan, I am not doubting your claim. Do you have THAT kind of money to lose? I know you once played those kind of limits but was under the impression you were more in retirement mode, more on a fixed income. If you don't have that kind of money to lose....what the hell were you thinking?

Hopefully, things turn around and wishing you a good 2022.

BTW, as you know just a couple years ago that kind of play would have at least gotten you that separate table game mailer with free bets and match plays for a number of months. With stations having done away with that and tightened up, you don't even get that benefit. :(
link to original post



Alan didnt bust out 60k some other guy did

i have seen something similar to that except at MINI baccarat lol
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4619
December 27th, 2021 at 5:06:14 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap


Alan didnt bust out 60k some other guy did

i have seen something similar to that except at MINI baccarat lol



Oh, my bad. That is what I get for a quick read. My apologies to you Alan. Although I am somewhat relieved as well. :)
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4831
December 27th, 2021 at 6:51:20 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Quote: AlanMendelson

I just played $10 of free play on 6/5 5-cents per coin Bonus poker. I cashed out $9.

I went to the craps pit to pick up a $15 food comp.

While I was there a player bought in for $60,000 betting $1,000 flat with $10,000 odds.

Before the boxman could write up my $15 comp he had busted out.

Red Rock.

I'm nauseous.



Alan, I am not doubting your claim. Do you have THAT kind of money to lose? I know you once played those kind of limits but was under the impression you were more in retirement mode, more on a fixed income. If you don't have that kind of money to lose....what the hell were you thinking?

Hopefully, things turn around and wishing you a good 2022.

BTW, as you know just a couple years ago that kind of play would have at least gotten you that separate table game mailer with free bets and match plays for a number of months. With stations having done away with that and tightened up, you don't even get that benefit. :(
link to original post



Kewlj never in my life did I play those kind of limits. My biggest buy in at a craps game was $2,000.

Frankly in all my time at Caesars and Bellagio I only saw maybe a dozen players who bought in for $60,000 or more.

Even when Rene Angilil was alive his usual buy in was $25k and I played with him often at both Caesars and then after Celine took action, I played with him at Bellagio.

I do recall one player at Caesars who had $2.5-million in markers. And at Red Rock there was once a player who had $20k as his buyin. But this $60k buyin lost so quickly takes the cake.

Now... you ask what was I thinking? I was thinking this player had the worst luck I ever saw. $1,000 bets with full odds and no house advantage on the odds and he never rolled one repeater.

BUT had he made place bets of $5,000 each (the max at Red Rock) he would have almost doubled his money.

And that's what made me so sick.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson 
Joined: Oct 5, 2011
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 4831
December 28th, 2021 at 5:21:03 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

I enjoyed watching savvy, well-heeled craps players at Casino Royale take advantage of the 100X odds they offered.

Bet ten bucks on the line and put a grand behind it.
link to original post



Years ago I met up with a friend at Casino Royale who was a don't player $10 on DP with max odds and in less than half an hour he lost about $25k.

A friend went to the Riviera when they offered 1000X odds. I suspect he lost $250K. He wouldn't talk about it afterwards.

  • Jump to: