chgodon
chgodon
  • Threads: 2
August 5th, 2019 at 3:27:14 PM permalink
Do you have a link or knowledge on the proper craps payout sequence for dealers? In other words, do you pick up all the losses first and then pay the winnings? Do you deal the don't pass first, pass line & odds bet second, field bets third, come bets fourth and place bets fifth? I can only find the payout amounts which I already know. I'm looking for the proper dealing sequence. I found one thing on the net which said you pay the past line & odds bets at the same using two hands.
Wiggins
Wiggins
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
ChumpChange
August 6th, 2019 at 2:12:22 AM permalink
I deal craps. We take all losing bets first, and then pay the winners. For purposes of game protection, bets furthest from the dealer are taken or paid first. Pass/don't pass bets are resolved first if it's a decision roll (pass line winner or seven out). If not a decision roll, the field is first. Then come bets, and finally place bets. When paying the line the dealer should be using two hands (odds first, then the original bet). The pass line is paid in order from base dealer to stick, while come bets and place bets are paid in the opposite direction, stick to base.
chgodon
chgodon
August 6th, 2019 at 8:06:01 AM permalink
Thank you so much. That's what I was looking for. Just some clarification. You said for game protection, bets furthest from the dealer are taken or paid first, yet the pass line is paid in order of base to stick. Isn't that opposite of your statement? Come bets and place bets are paid stick to base. That would confirm your statement?

When the dealer is using two hands to pay the pass line and odds bets, is one hand holding let's say $5's and the other is holding $1's?

I assume while the dealer is paying with your sequence, the stickmen are starting their own sequence?

What city do you deal in?
Wiggins
Wiggins
August 6th, 2019 at 2:46:11 PM permalink
The pass line is furthest from the dealer, so that gets resolved before the field. The field is next, then the come. That's what I meant by furthest. I believe the pass line is paid base to stick to prevent the player next to the base from capping his bet while the dealer is reaching out to pay the other players.

When paying the pass line, if the dealer only needs one color, both hands will hold that color. If he needs two colors, he will go out with one color in each hand (higher value chips will be in the "inside hand"). If he needs three colors, he might "pick the line" so he won't have to go back and forth to his stacks. One hand would have all $5's and the other hand would have a mixture of $1's and $25's, the exact amount needed to pay each player in order.

The stickman watches one base dealer while simultaneously cleaning up losing bets in the middle. If there's a boxman, he would be watching the other side. After the base dealer pays all his bets, the stickman directs the base dealer to pay out winning center bets (base to stick). The stickman never makes payouts himself.

I work in Pennsylvania. I'd be happy to clarify answers or answer more questions.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
August 6th, 2019 at 4:34:07 PM permalink
If you can give a specific case, that may be easier to answer. But yeah, pass line is base to stick, that way box & stick can see what people are doing. If you do stick to base, then box & stick can’t see the player closest to base (like pass posting).

If it’s a point winner, first is losing DC/lay, then DP, then losing field bets first. Then pay odds & PL simultaneously (odds first) base to stick. Then pay field (if winner). Then move DC then come. Meanwhile, stick & box are watching payouts. Stick watches the side where dice land, box watches opposite side. Also, stick is figuring out center bet payouts. Paying those differ from house to house. One house might snake around from base (where dice land) to stick, then towards opposite base. Others do base to stick then base to stick.

And yes, when paying the line you’d have $1’s in one hand and $5’s in the other.

I used to deal in Vegas.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
August 6th, 2019 at 7:13:22 PM permalink
That was a great question! I had not yet been able to.pick up the pattern on a busy table, so I appreciate the learning - thanks, both of you who answered.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
chgodon
chgodon
August 6th, 2019 at 7:38:33 PM permalink
Yes, thanks you two for answering. I didn't find too much of this online. It's more having to do with payout amounts. So my conclusion is the sequence for the most part is pass line & odds first, field second, come third and then place bets fourth. Prop (horn, hard ways etc..) bets are very last?

One last question. I noticed all winnings are paid out next to the original bets except for place bets. Are place bets counted out in the come area and left there for the player to pick up or are they pushed over towards the player? If so, are the winnings pushed all the way to the apron?
Wiggins
Wiggins
August 6th, 2019 at 9:51:21 PM permalink
Quote: chgodon

Yes, thanks you two for answering. I didn't find too much of this online. It's more having to do with payout amounts. So my conclusion is the sequence for the most part is pass line & odds first, field second, come third and then place bets fourth. Prop (horn, hard ways etc..) bets are very last?

Correct

Quote: chgodon

One last question. I noticed all winnings are paid out next to the original bets except for place bets. Are place bets counted out in the come area and left there for the player to pick up or are they pushed over towards the player? If so, are the winnings pushed all the way to the apron?

Place bet payouts and prop bet payouts are cut out in the come and then handed off to the player. The winnings should be heeled off completely past the pass line, but shorter dealers might struggle reaching that far. Conversely, come bet winnings are paid and left in the come to be picked up by the player, but as a courtesy the dealer might hand it off past the pass line so the player doesn't have to reach.
  • Jump to: