90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
  • Threads: 19
June 7th, 2018 at 5:49:49 PM permalink
Afternoon Craps Players,
Here's a situation that I'm needing help understanding--I'm asking you guys because you're good!
Am I correct in my thinking?

I was playing the Dark Side and still have a Dark Side "8" on the felt--the Don't Pass bet is gone and I'm not replacing it because I'm switching to Right Side play. After the Come Out roll, the new point is "5." On the next roll, if a "5" rolls again, I win the Pass Line bet (and the D/C "8" just sits waiting for a "7" to show up before an "8" to win the D/C bet.

Now what happens here: I've got the D/C "8" on the felt and the next roll is a "7" which causes my other bets to lose, while my D/C "8" wins. (correct?)

What happens if I've got Place bets up (say on the Inside Numbers), and I want to go back to a D/C bet. The next roll is a Come Out roll for the D/C bet, and say it is a "5." While it's not a Come Out roll for the Place bets, but it is a Come Out roll for the D/C bet. Does my "5" win and go away, or can I keep the bet on "5?"

I guess I'm asking --can you have occasions where both a Right Way and a Dark Side bet is active at the same time on the same number?

Thanks for your clarification.....(I actually think writing out this question has been helpfull to me already).

Dick
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 7th, 2018 at 8:30:43 PM permalink
Yes, you can have a DC and a placebet on the same number at the same time.
90crapsplayer66
90crapsplayer66
  • Threads: 19
June 7th, 2018 at 9:44:06 PM permalink
RS----
Thanks for your short, concise, and clear answer to my question. As I wrote out my question and thought about it, I came to the same answer as you. Thanks
Dick
  • Jump to: