Thread Rating:

Sonny44
Sonny44
  • Threads: 13
January 30th, 2018 at 4:01:49 PM permalink
Don't know how else to get this msg. to the Wiz, so trying this. The game does not pay for the odds when a come bet w/odds wins. It only pays for the flat part. This of course happens in an "off & on" situation. I have box checked for leaving winning bets up. I think this problem should be checked out & corrected.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 142
January 31st, 2018 at 4:03:11 AM permalink
I’ll see if I can replicate it and PM Wizard if so. Probably be in a couple hours.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
January 31st, 2018 at 6:08:46 AM permalink
Quote: Sonny44

Don't know how else to get this msg. to the Wiz, so trying this. The game does not pay for the odds when a come bet w/odds wins. It only pays for the flat part. This of course happens in an "off & on" situation. I have box checked for leaving winning bets up. I think this problem should be checked out & corrected.

It automatically turns Come Bet Odd to 'Off' during the come out roll (after a point has been made). This is regardless of checking the box 'leave winning bets up'. I think it works just fine.

I think the option you are pointing out was intended for any bets that resolve without having to put them back up. For instance, a Place bet would be paid and the original bet taken down upon hitting the number. By checking this box, the Place bet winnings are credited to the the bank, but the original bet stays up. But is was not intended to make odds bets be turned on during a come out roll.
Sonny44
Sonny44
January 31st, 2018 at 9:47:05 AM permalink
Quote: MidwestAP

It automatically turns Come Bet Odd to 'Off' during the come out roll (after a point has been made). This is regardless of checking the box 'leave winning bets up'. I think it works just fine.

I think the option you are pointing out was intended for any bets that resolve without having to put them back up. For instance, a Place bet would be paid and the original bet taken down upon hitting the number. By checking this box, the Place bet winnings are credited to the the bank, but the original bet stays up. But is was not intended to make odds bets be turned on during a come out roll.

No, my come bets win during point play, not come out. The game shows odds off during come out.
Mission146
Mission146
January 31st, 2018 at 10:21:49 AM permalink

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I would first like to say that it took me a very, very, very, very unreasonable length of time to recreate both possible versions of this issue, so good on you for noticing it!

That's how Variance works sometimes, but never in my life have I been so angry to see sevens, and I obviously had no money riding on this! In fact, seven-outs happen, so I've never been angry to see a seven before this. I probably would have raised my voice and started yelling at the computer, but my daughter is sick from school today.

So, here is what's happening, you're both right and wrong.

1.) If one is playing this game:

https://wizardofodds.com/play/craps/v2/

And, you have a Come Bet that has travelled upon which you Take Odds AND it is the Come Out Roll, the game is taking away the money that has travelled given a seven on the Come Out roll IF the player loses, but returns the Odds bet to the player. Obviously, everything should be either off or on. Everything should either win, lose or nothing should happen.

In other words, the Odds are off, but the travelled Come Bet itself is on.

2.) If the travelled Come Bet with Odds wins on the Come Out, and the player has not checked, "Leave bets working," then a winning number shall result in the player being paid Even Money on the Come Bet, but the odds bet being returned to the player with no profit.

3.) If, "Leave bets working," HAS been checked, then a winning Come Bet (and Odds) on the Come Out is being paid or taken as appropriate. It is either all taken away, or the win + odds both pay as they are supposed to.

I'll PM Wizard.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
January 31st, 2018 at 10:57:15 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I would first like to say that it took me a very, very, very, very unreasonable length of time to recreate both possible versions of this issue, so good on you for noticing it!

That's how Variance works sometimes, but never in my life have I been so angry to see sevens, and I obviously had no money riding on this! In fact, seven-outs happen, so I've never been angry to see a seven before this. I probably would have raised my voice and started yelling at the computer, but my daughter is sick from school today.

So, here is what's happening, you're both right and wrong.

1.) If one is playing this game:

https://wizardofodds.com/play/craps/v2/

And, you have a Come Bet that has travelled upon which you Take Odds AND it is the Come Out Roll, the game is taking away the money that has travelled given a seven on the Come Out roll IF the player loses, but returns the Odds bet to the player. Obviously, everything should be either off or on. Everything should either win, lose or nothing should happen.

In other words, the Odds are off, but the travelled Come Bet itself is on.

That's not correct. Well, the way you describe what is happening is correct, but the what you are expecting is incorrect. The traveled base come bet is always working, even on a subsequent come out roll. You can't turn the base bet off even though you can turn the odds off, which actually is standard, unless you specifically ask for the odds to work. So, while the base is ALWAYS working, unless you specifically check the 'Leave Bets Working' option, the odds are off.

2.) If the traveled Come Bet with Odds wins on the Come Out, and the player has not checked, "Leave bets working," then a winning number shall result in the player being paid Even Money on the Come Bet, but the odds bet being returned to the player with no profit.

Again, this is correct

3.) If, "Leave bets working," HAS been checked, then a winning Come Bet (and Odds) on the Come Out is being paid or taken as appropriate. It is either all taken away, or the win + odds both pay as they are supposed to.

Again, correct.

I'd like to point out the the OP made reference to the "Leave winning bets up' option on the game, while your response seemed to focus on the 'Leave bets working' option. Two different functions altogether.
Sonny44
Sonny44
January 31st, 2018 at 11:18:12 AM permalink

Thank you for reporting the issue. ... I would first like to say that it took me a very, very, very, very unreasonable length of time to recreate both possible versions of this issue, so good on you for noticing it! .... I'll PM Wizard.

No, just play continuous come w/ odds. It'll show up w/in 15 min. I emphasize that this is in "off & on" situations during point play, not come out play. The game shows when odds are off during come out.
Mission146
Mission146
January 31st, 2018 at 12:23:58 PM permalink

No, just play continuous come w/ odds. It'll show up w/in 15 min. I emphasize that this is in "off & on" situations during point play, not come out play. The game shows when odds are off during come out.

What browser are you using? I cannot recreate the problem under the conditions described. It's paying properly on both the base bet and the Odds. I'm getting the base bet x2 (pays Even Money) and then having the Odds Pays added to my bankroll with the Odds Bet itself staying up and the new Come Bet traveling.
Mission146
Mission146
January 31st, 2018 at 12:28:40 PM permalink
Quote: MidwestAP

That's not correct. Well, the way you describe what is happening is correct, but the what you are expecting is incorrect. The traveled base come bet is always working, even on a subsequent come out roll. You can't turn the base bet off even though you can turn the odds off, which actually is standard, unless you specifically ask for the odds to work. So, while the base is ALWAYS working, unless you specifically check the 'Leave Bets Working' option, the odds are off.

Color me embarrassed! I usually play alone and have never made a Come Bet in my life (I don't think) and really don't pay attention to the bets of other people, so I didn't realize that. I thought it would be like a Place Bet where it's just either off or on, defaulting to off, of course.

That seems strange, and also, doesn't that mean that (assuming you want to keep everything up until resolution) that the Come Bet...unless you specifically remember to ask for the Odds to work...has a greater combined House Edge on Come + Odds as opposed to PL + Odds? The reason I ask is wouldn't that effectively be the same as your PL Odds automatically turning off after x number of rolls, for one roll and then turning back on, unless you specifically request they remain on at all times?

Quote:

I'd like to point out the the OP made reference to the "Leave winning bets up' option on the game, while your response seemed to focus on the 'Leave bets working' option. Two different functions altogether.

Yes, I tried that now and could not recreate the problem.
Sonny44
Sonny44
January 31st, 2018 at 1:01:38 PM permalink

What browser are you using?

Latest version of Firefox.
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
Thanked by
Mission146
January 31st, 2018 at 3:43:33 PM permalink

It works for me in Google Chrome.

5/10 pays 17

pays the odds 1st then the flat and moves the flat up

off and on would just pay the 17 total and leave the bets there.

maybe code is easier to follow this way currently done

8 rolled
odds being paid and seen in lower right corner

flat being paid and seen in lower right corner

the video here
easy to follow with slower speed
payouts around 38 seconds

Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
Mission146
Mission146
January 31st, 2018 at 4:11:36 PM permalink
Thanks, Sally!

It worked for me on Chrome, too.
Sonny44
Sonny44
Thanked by
Mission146
January 31st, 2018 at 4:29:04 PM permalink
All is well, thanks to Sally's video. I was looking at little msg under Passline, which only said, "[8] come bet pays $5," when I had odds on the come bet. Sally's video showed me I was looking at wrong msg; I didn't see "Win" window in lower right, which has correct payout. Sorry for raising the issue & thanks for responses.
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
Thanked by
Mission146
January 31st, 2018 at 5:00:02 PM permalink
I had to make the video so I could slow it down and watch.

I think it does not follow the off/on rules that happens at the tables.
you are still forced to make a new come bet

but now we know it is paying off correctly

Yahoo!!
I Heart Vi Hart
Sonny44
Sonny44
January 31st, 2018 at 5:26:48 PM permalink
If you check the "Leave winning bets up" box, it does the correct off & on, leaves the odds up, and replaces the flat; it simply lets the come bet ride.
  • Jump to: