Thread Rating:

Chigu
Chigu
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 29
February 20th, 2019 at 10:27:14 AM permalink
The first one for $11 win: I was down and then made it back up, and I was at the table for about 20-30 mins (Grand Sierra Resort Casino)
The Second one for the $131 win: I was on the table for 35-45 mins. One of the regulars that I know had a big roll (Atlantis Casino)
The Third one for the $41 win: I was on the table for maybe 25 mins or so. (Western Village Casino)

I live in Reno, Nevada where there are a lot of Casino's nearby where I can go on my way to/from work. So not really going out of my way

Keep in mind I don't play at Busy tables where it takes forever for the dice to go around or bets to be made. I play in the morning where there are maybe only 2-3 other players (all regulars) at the table, or I go to Western Village Casino where there are only about 3-4 players most of the time.
Last edited by: Chigu on Feb 20, 2019
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6942
February 20th, 2019 at 11:32:09 AM permalink
Quote: Chigu

The first one for $11 win: I was down and then made it back up, and I was at the table for about 20-30 mins (Grand Sierra Resort Casino)
The Second one for the $131 win: I was on the table for 35-45 mins. One of the regulars that I know had a big roll (Atlantis Casino)
The Third one for the $41 win: I was on the table for maybe 25 mins or so. (Western Village Casino)

I live in Reno, Nevada where there are a lot of Casino's nearby where I can go on my way to/from work. So not really going out of my way



Thanks for answering. How much are you prepared to lose at any one of these sessions?
Chigu
Chigu
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 29
February 20th, 2019 at 11:48:07 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Thanks for answering. How much are you prepared to lose at any one of these sessions?



I have a stop loss set at $100. I cash in $100 and if I lose it, I lose it. Such as yesterday. I was down to $30 left (or so) and it was my roll. I just put it all out there. If I lost it, I lost it and would have walked away. However, I had a pretty good roll and turned that $30 into $141. (this is why I am changing my strategy to either only bet on myself, or rollers that I know are pretty consistent).

As I build a bankroll on casino money (I have already put my initial investment back into my bank account), I will up my bets and therefore increase the stop loss. So hopefully my $40-$50 wins will be $80-$100 etc. with a stop loss set at $200.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4470
Thanks for this post from:
ontariodealermichael99000
February 20th, 2019 at 11:54:57 AM permalink
Quote: Chigu

I have a stop loss set at $100. I cash in $100 and if I lose it, I lose it. Such as yesterday. I was down to $30 left (or so) and it was my roll. I just put it all out there. If I lost it, I lost it and would have walked away. However, I had a pretty good roll and turned that $30 into $141.

As I build a bankroll on casino money (I have already put my initial investment back into my bank account), I will up my bets and therefore increase the stop loss. So hopefully my $40-$50 wins will be $80-$100 etc. with a stop loss set at $200.

I won't burst your bubble by telling you that sessions and targets and stop losses and your money management strategies are of no consequence.
Life has a way of doing that for you.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
Chigu
Chigu
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 29
February 20th, 2019 at 12:02:22 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

I won't burst your bubble by telling you that sessions and targets and stop losses and your money management strategies are of no consequence.
Life has a way of doing that for you.



I get it mathematically you can not beat the game. I understand that. Also on average most people lose at the casino, however, keep in mind with averages there are those on either end of the spectrum. I personally believe in dice influence (not control), and that coupled with money management makes me feel that I can be a consistent winner. Even if it's a small amount.

My philosophy is, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It seems to be working for me, for quite a number of sessions now. I don't know if it will work long-term. But I only take money I can risk to lose and I have already made 5x my current stop loss. So I have a bit of a buffer.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 44
  • Posts: 4470
Thanks for this post from:
Chigu
February 20th, 2019 at 12:14:17 PM permalink
Quote: Chigu

I get it mathematically you can not beat the game. I understand that. Also on average most people lose at the casino, however, keep in mind with averages there are those on either end of the spectrum. I personally believe in dice influence (not control), and that coupled with money management makes me feel that I can be a consistent winner. Even if it's a small amount.

My philosophy is, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It seems to be working for me, for quite a number of sessions now. I don't know if it will work long-term. But I only take money I can risk to lose and I have already made 5x my current stop loss. So I have a bit of a buffer.

I too, suffer good fortune in that I'm ahead lifetime at -ev games.
So long as you are having fun within your entertainment budget, then you are 'winning'
Just don't be under any illusions: Lady Variance is a fickle b****
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 146
  • Posts: 18249
February 20th, 2019 at 12:21:50 PM permalink
Quote: Chigu



My philosophy is, "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

My gambling philosophy is, "you can't fix", oh NVM.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Chigu
Chigu
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 29
February 20th, 2019 at 12:41:47 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

My gambling philosophy is, "you can't fix", oh NVM.



LOL
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 3541
February 20th, 2019 at 1:12:23 PM permalink
Quote: Chigu

I get it mathematically you can not beat the game. I understand that. Also on average most people lose at the casino, however, keep in mind with averages there are those on either end of the spectrum. I personally believe in dice influence (not control), and that coupled with money management makes me feel that I can be a consistent winner. Even if it's a small amount.

My philosophy is, "if it ain't broke don't fix it". It seems to be working for me, for quite a number of sessions now. I don't know if it will work long-term. But I only take money I can risk to lose and I have already made 5x my current stop loss. So I have a bit of a buffer.



That's not quite exactly how it goes. 99% of regular casino goers lose, 1% get lucky and win. How you throw the dice makes no difference. You've been on the lucky side and you're enerally willing to lose 2x what you want to win.

The truth will set you free soon enough... if you don't ignore it or make excuses for it.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. Former Table Games Director,, current Pit Supervisor. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
Chigu
Chigu
Joined: Feb 13, 2019
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 29
February 20th, 2019 at 8:18:28 PM permalink
Booked a $56 win today. Was there just under an hour.

  • Jump to: