mike5885
mike5885
  • Threads: 4
August 2nd, 2017 at 8:02:01 AM permalink
The math on this is way above my pay-grade

would love to see some stats & thoughts on this strategy, comparing three, Molly systems

First: the DO
playing the 3 pt molly from the DO side
$5 table, with 3-4-5x odds, odds always working
line bet with odds
2 come bets with odds
let the odds be determined by the number, 1 unit odds 4 & 10, 2 units on the 5 & 9, and, 3 units of odds units on the 6 & 8

Second: the Dont
playing the 3 pt molly from the dark side
DP bet with odds
2 DC bets with odds
let the odds be determined by the number, lay 6 units to win 3 on the 4 & 10, lay 3 units to win 2 on the the 5 & 9, and, lay $6 to win 1 unit of $5 for the 6 & 8

Third: the FlipFlop Molly (what i am calling it for now)
playing the 3 pt molly from both sides, alternating from the Do side, to the Don't side, with each new come out roll (not the shooter, the next come out)
line/DP bets with odds
2 CB/DC bets with odds
use the odds from the Do and Dont above, depending on which side you are on

i know all 3 strategies ill have long-term negative results and expectations

just wondering ff variance and session draw-downs can be lessened, using the flip flop method
or does not help at all?
even hurt? when compared to the Do & Dont ones

any thoughts, help, would be appreciated
mike5885
mike5885
  • Threads: 4
August 2nd, 2017 at 8:16:47 AM permalink
and of if some feels so inclined to help and run the above for stats

some bankroll ideas

are 300 per session, stop when down (125), quit when up 375 (so 300 session money +375, so 675 in rail/pocket)

second bankroll trial:
500 per session, stop when down $200 loss from the $500 and when up $600 leave (so 500 session money +600 or = 1100 in rail/pocket)

did not know if bankroll would affect the outcomes

and all of this may be mute for all posts, since neg EV

trying to limit session draw-down variance, increasing playing time, while increasing time to get to win targets
ThenWhatHappens
ThenWhatHappens
  • Threads: 0
August 2nd, 2017 at 2:58:59 PM permalink
First things first, if you are looking to lower the variance the best way is to make plays that lower the house advantage. Playing less than available odds increases the house advantage.

I only play three point molly, and only from the PL side. Max 3-4-5 odds and not working for the come out rolls. Seven is going to hit and I like leaving a place for it during the come out rolls. Here's why. If I load three numbers at 3-4-5x, my max at risk is if we loaded 6-8-9, that being 6x + 6x + 5x or 17x. If we make the point (8) then I collect 7x (at 3-4-5 it is 7x for every number.) Now I have two contract bets with the odds off and we're comming out on the pass line. The most I can lose is 1x on a roll of 2-3-12 or 7.

Again from fully loaded 6-8-9. If we hit a Come bet (6), again I collect 7x, pick up my odds wager of 5x, then Come again 1x. Now I have 12x on the table however my Come bet will win on seven so only 10x is at risk. If we account for the 7x I just collected it is only a 3x loss if seven comes. Making two points collects 14x and the full-load risk for three points at 3-4-5 ranges 13-17x. Make three and you're ahead.

My bankroll allowance is 100x my PL/flat bet. Often times this amount will outlast my desire to keep playing however I recently suffered -75x in less than 15 minutes. Most sessions my bankroll will hold out until we see those one or two shooters that get me back to flush or better.

As for the don't wagers, since they all pay at once, I agree with working full time. It's just not my game.

Trying to change up your play (from Pass to Don't) may put you out of phase with the dice and kill your bankroll in a hurry. Whatever your action is play it consistantly. If it isn't working, take it to a different table or take a break. Sitting out a couple of rolls can make a difference. My husband and I play together and sometimes our bets get staggered, it is shocking the difference it makes.
Don't forget, "FREE" is a four letter word.
  • Jump to: