CADub49er
CADub49er
  • Threads: 1
April 11th, 2017 at 11:03:11 PM permalink
I needed to get clarification on something in craps.

Let's say I establish a pass line point of 6 and then I place a Don't Come bet which subsequently ends up on 10. I place bets on the 4, 5, 8, and 9 and a come bet. I establish a couple points with the come bets afterward of 4 and 9.

So let's say I hit my pass line point of 6 and my come bet goes on the 6. I place a pass line bet.

On my subsequent pass line come out roll, I throw a 7. I am getting paid on the Don't Come bet, the pass line bet and what else? The come line bets or the odds? I was using the Wizard of Odds craps table and it was paying me out on top of the Don't Come and Pass Line.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
FCBLComish
FCBLComish
  • Threads: 3
April 12th, 2017 at 12:06:00 AM permalink
Generally on a come out roll, the odds on your come bets are not working.

On a winner 7, you win what is behind the numbers, lose all your come bets, get the come odds returned, and win the pass line bet.
Beware, I work for the dark side.... We have cookies
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
April 12th, 2017 at 4:59:44 AM permalink
Like the Comish said, the odds are not working on the come-out roll (unless you tell the dealers otherwise). The same is true for your Place bets.

So, in the situation you described (throwing a 7 winner), you would win your Line bet and your Don't Come bet. You would lose your Come bets on the 4 & 9. However, the Odds bets for both the Don't Come bet and the two Come bets would be returned to you. The returned bets may look like a payout, but you're just getting your bets back.

Likewise, the Place bets would not be lost, but they remain on the layout (not returned to the player unless he requests it).
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
docsjs
docsjs
  • Threads: 22
April 12th, 2017 at 6:09:51 AM permalink
I believe this is incorrect.
Don't come odds are working on the come out;. If the number is hit, you will lose both odds and flat bet. If a seven is rolled, you will win both bets.
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
April 12th, 2017 at 6:29:38 AM permalink
Quote: docsjs

I believe this is incorrect.
Don't come odds are working on the come out;. If the number is hit, you will lose both odds and flat bet. If a seven is rolled, you will win both bets.

You are right. My mistake. I guess it's been too long since I played the Dark Side!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
  • Jump to: