Dyvan13
Dyvan13
  • Threads: 48
June 16th, 2016 at 9:58:48 PM permalink
I was playing at shorthanded table with just the dealer on one side and the stickman, whom I was standing beside at the table. The point was 9. The stickman went to push the dice to the shooter, and smashed right into my Passline bet (I didn't have odds down). He apologized and unknowlingly put my PL bet on the Don't Pass. I had been playing the Don't all night and had just switched to the rightside betting. The dealer wasn't paying attention and didn't notice either.

I was like "Okay, I'll roll with this. I get a free bet in my favor", and didn't say anything.

Fucking shooter made his point within 3 rolls. I guess that's Karma for being dishonest.
Wizardofnothing
Wizardofnothing
  • Threads: 121
June 16th, 2016 at 10:16:09 PM permalink
Shoul Have told floor and had them check camera- Total free roll
No longer hiring, don’t ask because I won’t hire you either
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
June 16th, 2016 at 10:24:09 PM permalink
I might have just left the bet on the don't too. And I wouldn't worry about it for one second if the shooter made the point.

Once I was playing at the Downtown Grand. $5 with double odds. I lost my original $100 buy in but had tipped the boys $5 along the way as a PL bet. As I go to buy another $100 in chips the shooter rolls a 7 come out. As the dealer gets my chips I say, "Wish I could have been on the line for that roll." The dealer says to me, "You could be." And he puts $5 on the pass line and slides the other $95 to me. Then he pays my $5 pass line bet.
Dyvan13
Dyvan13
  • Threads: 48
June 16th, 2016 at 10:24:40 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

Shoul Have told floor and had them check camera- Total free roll

You've made a point.... (pun intended)

But nah, I am a bit superstitious when it comes to spotting dealer mistakes in my favor. It goes:

1st time: Yeah buddy gimme the money

2nd time: I'll usually correct the dealer

3rd time and on: Okay now this guy is either over-worked or doesn't give a crap. Loot loot loot away
rudeboy99
rudeboy99
  • Threads: 0
June 19th, 2016 at 11:25:56 PM permalink
Well, by getting your 'line bet rearranged to the DP you went from being a 'dog to a 33% favorite...those damn dice!!! If you have a dealer that's making quite a few errors your way, it's the clubs' lookout in the end, that's why they pay that boxman...but keep your eye on this weak dealer because sure as shit he'll screw up again, but in the houses' favor.
  • Jump to: