FIRNATINE160
FIRNATINE160
  • Threads: 2
January 17th, 2016 at 12:13:02 PM permalink
SO HERES THE IDEA. WHILE I DONT EXPECT TO MAKE A MINT PLAYING THIS STRATEGY, I HOPE TO HAVE FUN AT THE TABLE FOR LONGER. ANY IDEAS ON TWEEKS ARE WELCOME.

BET THE DARK SIDE, PLAY MAX ODDS, BET DONT COME EACH ROLL AND STACK THE ODDS ON EACH NUMBER EXCEPT 6 AND 8. MY IDEA IS TO HEDGE 6 AND 8 BY BUYING EACH WHEN THE DONT COME BET ROLLS TO IT. THE THINKING IS TO PLAY TO THE IDEA THAT THE 3 "EASIEST" NUMBERS TO ROLL (7,6,8) ARE ALL HEDGED. IM NOT SURE HOW TO BEST USE THIS WHEN THE PUCK IS ON A 6 OR 8, THE IDEA IS TO RISK IT SINCE MY HEDGE IS USUALLY THE TABLE MIN. SO THE OFFSET ISNT REALLY THERE.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK AND GOOD LUCK.
PS. APOLOGIES IF THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN DISCUSSED, I TRIED TO FIND A THREAD ABOUT THIS AND FOUND NONE.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 17th, 2016 at 12:37:08 PM permalink
welcome to the forum.

you should know most of us consider all-caps 'shouting' and bad etiquette.

around here hedging ideas are shot down every time. Why do you want to hedge?

Let's examine what hedging does. Usually a darkside player gets tired of losing to 6 and 8 getting rolled in Craps, so he thinks he will lose less if he covers that bet with another bet that wins on those rolls. But nobody told him that those bets don't cancel each other out [not in terms of expected value], he's just betting more to get the illusion that they do. When he puts more into action against a house edge, he loses more money.

In the meantime, though, he achieves something he thinks he wants, but should not want, and that is lowering the Variance. But didn't he get tired of losing on the 6 and 8? But now, he has no chance of winning with the 7 rolled against those numbers. A gambler like yourself, accepting a house edge against all your action, can't win a session unless the numbers rolled by the shooters is by random chance a set of outcomes that favors your bets. We say the gambler wins his sessions because of this and call it the Variance. The House, naturally, likes to win all the time. The variance works against that. Thus hedging bets works in favor of the House in one sense, but absolutely so if you make more bets to achieve your hedges.

Don't hedge your bets.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FIRNATINE160
FIRNATINE160
January 17th, 2016 at 1:45:18 PM permalink
Thank you for your advice. I usually type in ALL CAPS because its easier and i can't get yelled at for improper context. I will however, obey the rules of the site.

Do you still play max odds on 6 and 8?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 17th, 2016 at 2:05:35 PM permalink
Quote: FIRNATINE160

Thank you for your advice. I usually type in ALL CAPS because its easier and i can't get yelled at for improper context. I will however, obey the rules of the site.

Firn,

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for adjusting the all-caps in your second post.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
  • Threads: 1
January 17th, 2016 at 2:19:04 PM permalink
I've been playing with dark thoughts too. Fiddling with this now...DP $30; $10 Iron Cross (5,6,8, field). If I lose the DP, then double it. Or, if you can keep track of your IH wins, then your next DP could be 2 x (30 - wins).
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
January 17th, 2016 at 4:15:10 PM permalink
Welcome to the Forum!
I play w/dark thoughts too, but don't know crap about craps.
Hopefully that is not your phone number.
Dey sum serus crap people hang round here,
No doubt some of them will chat some craps w/you..
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 17th, 2016 at 5:16:44 PM permalink

I play max odds if I am comfortable with what it calls for. At a $10 table and 10x odds, I don't max the odds, at 5x odds I do. The 6 or 8 too.

Do you ever take "no action" on the 6 or 8? It's the same flawed thinking similar to hedging.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FIRNATINE160
FIRNATINE160
January 17th, 2016 at 7:16:59 PM permalink
i like the idea of setting odds based on, well ... odds. the problem with no action is playing the don't come you don't have a choice if it lands on 6 or 8.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 17th, 2016 at 7:33:53 PM permalink

i like the idea of setting odds based on, well ... odds. the problem with no action is playing the don't come you don't have a choice if it lands on 6 or 8.

So what? You are still a pretty heavy favorite.
  • Jump to: