ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
August 8th, 2015 at 7:40:30 PM permalink
I'm using Non-neg chips... aka use 'til you lose... for the first time. I found it odd that they allowed me to put max odds behind it... a la a $50 promo chip on the PL and $250 behind on a point of 6 or 8 (5x). I find it to be an extremely generous rule from TR. Has anyone else experienced this... or maybe were denied odds?

Edit: Changed "Promo chips" to "Non-neg" to follow suit with WoO
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
August 8th, 2015 at 8:45:00 PM permalink
I've only used them on blackjack but if I were to I craps, I'd play them on the DP. According to Grosjeans "Beyond Coupons" the values are based on a $100 chip:

Craps $17 on Don't, NC+$2 Odds $99.14
Craps $34 on Pass, NC Odds $98.79
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
aguacroupier
aguacroupier
  • Threads: 2
August 9th, 2015 at 7:36:04 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

I'm using Non-neg chips... aka use 'til you lose... for the first time. I found it odd that they allowed me to put max odds behind it... a la a $50 promo chip on the PL and $250 behind on a point of 6 or 8 (5x). I find it to be an extremely generous rule from TR. Has anyone else experienced this... or maybe were denied odds?

Edit: Changed "Promo chips" to "Non-neg" to follow suit with WoO

I don't think, to the house, it really matters. I would personally play non-negotiable chips on blackjack, but whether it's that or the pass line with odds, the house has the advantage either way.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
August 9th, 2015 at 9:21:27 PM permalink
Quote: aguacroupier

I don't think, to the house, it really matters. I would personally play non-negotiable chips on blackjack, but whether it's that or the pass line with odds, the house has the advantage either way.

Promo chips are +EV for the player. They're a loser for the house.

Also. Craps is a better play if you have bad bj rules like H17 or worse.

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/content/beyondcouponsbjfo.pdf
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
August 9th, 2015 at 9:40:35 PM permalink
Thanks for that link to beyondcoupons, doesn't it show that blackjack is only better than craps if you can get paid 3:2 off of your non negs? I see the top two explicitly state 1.5x... my issue is that I can only get paid 1:1. Perhaps there is an exception, I did not check (all lost now, won a ton off of them).

It's good to know I was already betting them near optimal, the difference between pass and the don't is negligible to me.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
August 9th, 2015 at 10:11:44 PM permalink
When I was in Vegas, we did the $20 for $30 promo at Mandalay Bay but unfortunately the cheapest take we could get was a lousy bj game with a $15 min. Luckily we made a small profit. The craps tables were jammed.
  • Jump to: