betwthelines
betwthelines
  • Threads: 8
May 22nd, 2015 at 4:00:09 AM permalink
My local joint doesn't have the fire bet (fb)...The place in general (Security excepted) but the craps operation especially is currently under mismanagement...This means, among other things, that they attract very few, new craps players...It's allus the usual suspects at the rail...One result of this is that fresh faces get noticed a bit by some...What has struck me is that a quite significantly high percentage of this new blood ask after the fb, usually with dismay that it is not present...

Another thing that has struck me about the fb is its quite remarkable popularity where it is available...This is not always expressed necessarily in a high percentage of bettors at the table playing it --tho there is certainly that too--but quite frequently in the enthusiasm exhibited for the bet...

This popularity is somewhat curious (well, ok, not really) since it carries an ESPECIALLY egregious HA...Indeed NOTHING on the layout EVEN COMES CLOSE TO JUST HOW BAD THE VIG IS ON THE FB on the payout schemes that i have seen (and this is another thing that IS curious: the payouts, unlike all the other bet payouts generally, vary greatly from place to place)...OK, now don't start: I realize that there are other, rational considerations besides HA as to what to bet, but OBVIOUSLY HA is not one of them for those making the fb...

What IS of interest to these fb players, however is the Big Payout...

OK, so in the absence of the fb being available what is the best bet to make in order to attain the Big Payout? Well, IMO, it is the same bet as when the fb IS available, namely a one-time parlay hopping the 2 or 12 or any of the hard numbers...At most places--nearly all in fact-- a $5 bet on one of these, parlayed once, pays $4500 (of course this might exceed your table's prop bet limit in which case you would want to adjust your initial bet accordingly)...This is a much higher payout than any fb payout i have seen. Not only that but you will win it much more frequently than you will win, say, a 5# fb, maybe even more than a 4# hit...So what's not to like? Win A LOT more money and win a lot more often...

Of course the Tough Craps player would never <sic> make either of these bets...but...just sayin'...tom "home runs are often boring" p
"You can't EXPECT to win. But you CAN play Tough"...tom p, 1974
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
May 22nd, 2015 at 3:15:42 PM permalink
Harrah's, in Biloxi, is taking out the firebet in favor of All, Tall, Small bet. This will make Biloxi Firebet free. Good riddance to bad rubbish!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
  • Jump to: