Thread Rating:

sc15
sc15
  • Threads: 11
March 9th, 2015 at 12:28:10 AM permalink
So, I have a friend who wants to host craps as part of his home game, and he asked me about loading the dice so that it's in his advantage. Since I know nothing about cheating (and not much about craps in general), I figure I'll defer to the experts.

So first off, how would he load the dice so that it would affect the outcome, but wouldn't be the same # rolled every time (since it would be obvious that way). Should he load 1 die or both? Which #(s) should be favored to land? What bets would have to be disallowed? (since presumably loading the dice will make certain bets +EV for the player) Is there a particular brand of dice that's easy to gaff? How would he tell if the gaffing is successful or not?

He's also doing a blackjack game where he's doing a 8 deck shoe, and removed 1 deck's worth of aces and tens from the shoe (so it's 20 cards short, essentially starting an 8 deck shoe with a -20 count, that's like a nice +1.25% to the house edge).
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
March 9th, 2015 at 5:23:13 AM permalink
Quote: sc15

So, I have a friend who wants to host craps as part of his home game, and he asked me about loading the dice so that it's in his advantage. Since I know nothing about cheating (and not much about craps in general), I figure I'll defer to the experts.

So first off, how would he load the dice so that it would affect the outcome, but wouldn't be the same # rolled every time (since it would be obvious that way). Should he load 1 die or both? Which #(s) should be favored to land? What bets would have to be disallowed? (since presumably loading the dice will make certain bets +EV for the player) Is there a particular brand of dice that's easy to gaff? How would he tell if the gaffing is successful or not?

He's also doing a blackjack game where he's doing a 8 deck shoe, and removed 1 deck's worth of aces and tens from the shoe (so it's 20 cards short, essentially starting an 8 deck shoe with a -20 count, that's like a nice +1.25% to the house edge).

Shaving dice is the usual tactic of unprofessional cheats. I don't where you find your friends, but this party host really isn't the kind of guy/gal you want to give advice to.
darthvader
darthvader
March 9th, 2015 at 5:42:42 AM permalink
Pardon my french, but your "friend" is a douche bag.
7-out, line away, pay the don't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEcwAWi6dk
HornHighYo11
HornHighYo11
  • Threads: 7
March 9th, 2015 at 6:02:16 AM permalink
Don't go there. Your friend may be removing a few teeth from his mouth before the games are over as well.
HornHighYo11
HornHighYo11
  • Threads: 7
March 9th, 2015 at 6:08:17 AM permalink
Council your friend to adjust the payouts instead, above board so to speak, such as Riva's charity events.
Use the math to shave those points.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 127
March 9th, 2015 at 1:04:36 PM permalink
I wouldn't even worry about messing with the Point Numbers. If he wants a bigger edge, the Pass Line bet pushes on a CO Yo and the DP pushes on a CO Three as well as Midnight, problem solved.
Vultures can't be choosers.
sc15
sc15
March 9th, 2015 at 2:00:20 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I wouldn't even worry about messing with the Point Numbers. If he wants a bigger edge, the Pass Line bet pushes on a CO Yo and the DP pushes on a CO Three as well as Midnight, problem solved.

Yeah, except he wants people to think it's a good game so they're more likely to play.

Hence why he took cards out of the deck in blackjack instead of making it 6:5.

He also asked me to bankroll his game for a share of the win/loss. I said no since I don't trust him for obvious reasons.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 9th, 2015 at 2:05:12 PM permalink
Sounds sketchy. I say avoid this "friend" (who can't be trusted). Not just for the gambling party, but in general overall.
sc15
sc15
March 9th, 2015 at 2:10:26 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Sounds sketchy. I say avoid this "friend" (who can't be trusted). Not just for the gambling party, but in general overall.

Well, let's put it this way. My past dealings with this guy involve me paying him to "accidentally" spill a drink on a ploppy at a table game.

I do avoid him unless there's something I need done that requires a scumbag to do it.

"Friend" was a bad word to pick to describe him.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
March 9th, 2015 at 2:23:31 PM permalink
Cheating is bad. Nothing good will come from this.

That being said, loaded dice, and a matching pair of fair dice are commonly available for purchase. E.g., search for "magic dice" on ebay. The hustler will need to work on doing the switch without being detected... and dealt with appropriately.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci

• Jump to: