Thread Rating:

guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
August 20th, 2014 at 1:22:41 AM permalink
Made a killing on the don't's tonight but the funny thing was it was a single hard 6 bet that really made me money.

I bet $65 on the don't's and I press it up $10 after each victory. I won like 4 in a row so I had a $105 don't bet and the point was 6. I threw down a $15 hard 6 as insurance. The hard 6 hits and I collect $135 but loose my $105 don't bet. Anyways my hard 6 is still up and I have $105 on the don't's (I considered that a push so my bet stayed the same). Anyways the next point was I think 5. I almost never win the hard 6 the second time but they rolled back to back hard 6's paying me $135 each time. After the 3rd hard 6 I pressed it to $25 thinking no way will it hit but it hit again paying me $225, I then pressed it up to $50 and it hit again paying me $450! I pressed it another $25 but they 7'd out. I colorered up and left. Not bad!
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
August 20th, 2014 at 10:50:33 AM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

Made a killing on the don't's tonight but the funny thing was it was a single hard 6 bet that really made me money.

I bet $65 on the don't's and I press it up $10 after each victory. I won like 4 in a row so I had a $105 don't bet and the point was 6. I threw down a $15 hard 6 as insurance. The hard 6 hits and I collect $135 but loose my $105 don't bet. Anyways my hard 6 is still up and I have $105 on the don't's (I considered that a push so my bet stayed the same). Anyways the next point was I think 5. I almost never win the hard 6 the second time but they rolled back to back hard 6's paying me $135 each time. After the 3rd hard 6 I pressed it to $25 thinking no way will it hit but it hit again paying me $225, I then pressed it up to $50 and it hit again paying me $450! I pressed it another $25 but they 7'd out. I colorered up and left. Not bad!

Great story. Some of the most entertaining action to watch is the hardway parlay strategy players. I used to see more of this a few months ago before the players that played that way started getting killed.

I've seen hardway parlays lead up to $10,000 in winnings on a $5 table with $1,000 limits. When a table that normally doesn't have anyone leaving with more than $1,000 has someone taking $10,000, it's pretty exciting for everyone at the table.
aahigh.com
mustangsally
mustangsally
  • Threads: 25
August 20th, 2014 at 11:29:03 AM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

Thank you for sharing!

If I may be so bold to ask...
How many lifetime killings have you made on the don't's
(I stills says the don't's is a major sucker bet compared to Lay bets)

and how many have killed you?
I really want to hear more about your tonights where you get slaughtered

Thank you again
Sally
I Heart Vi Hart
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
August 20th, 2014 at 11:56:04 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

Great story. Some of the most entertaining action to watch is the hardway parlay strategy players. I used to see more of this a few months ago before the players that played that way started getting killed.

I've seen hardway parlays lead up to $10,000 in winnings on a $5 table with $1,000 limits. When a table that normally doesn't have anyone leaving with more than $1,000 has someone taking $10,000, it's pretty exciting for everyone at the table.

man and I was excited a few weeks back when I put $1 on hard 6 and parlayed the winnings. I won again and upped my bet to $20 and hit again and the point was 6. I upped it to $30 and hard 6 rolled on the come out roll. I did a fist pump and the dealer calmly explained it was the come out roll. dohhh. Next roll of course was a 7.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
August 21st, 2014 at 8:19:37 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

man and I was excited a few weeks back when I put $1 on hard 6 and parlayed the winnings. I won again and upped my bet to $20 and hit again and the point was 6. I upped it to $30 and hard 6 rolled on the come out roll. I did a fist pump and the dealer calmly explained it was the come out roll. dohhh. Next roll of course was a 7.

That happened to me once a long time ago. I wasn't really playing but when this shooter hit 3 consecutive hard 6's, I decided to go on for $1. The hard 6 rolls a few minutes later and I said "parlay it". The shooter goes maybe 5 minutes without hitting a 6 and makes 2 points. On the come out roll they hit the hard 6, but I turn my bets off on the come out roll. I was pissed! Then of course they 7 out and my hard 6 never hit.

I also was shooting from the dont's once where I rolled 4 hard 6's in a row! After the 4th one half the table got on the hard 6 and of course on the next roll it comes easy! A few people come back up on the hard 6 and it comes easy again!

Another incredible thing I saw was a year ago somebody hands the dealer a quarter and says "I will buy the 10 for a quarter" shooter immediately throws a hard 10 and this guy jokingly says "I said hard 10!" Next throw hard 10 again which he repeats jokingly "I said hard 10". Shooter goes on to roll a total of 5 hard tens, 3 of them were in a row and each time the player (who didn't even press his bet) said with a smile "I said hard 10". It was kind of funny

This is totally off subject but two weeks ago, after I got done playing and cashed out I walked up to the table like I normally do just to see how the table did after I left. Two points were marked up. I ended up watching him hit a 6 point fire and roll a *TON* of numbers but nobody was on the fire! And the shooter was playing the passline the entire time with no odds, and it looked like there was a total of about $50 worth of action on the entire table and nobody had more than $100 in their rack. An example is one guy had a $12 8 that kept hitting but he wasn't pressing, another guy was just betting $10 on the field, which you can still get your ass handed to you on a hot roll if they roll a lot of inside numbers, etc... Sad and amazing to watch at the same time. If I started with $81 across I'm convinced I would have made at least 5K off that roll
  • Jump to: