jkluv7
jkluv7
  • Threads: 4
August 4th, 2014 at 7:24:42 PM permalink
First off, some quotes I have been collecting from this forum, the second attributed to my champion, Sally; the first, I don't know who said it.

========================================================================
1 in 9 will 7out on the 2nd roll (11.11%)
Slightly more than 1 in 9 will 7out on the 3rd roll (11.7%)
That makes about 22.8%.
So out of 1 million shooters (random AND DIs) over 228,000 will 7out by the 3rd roll.

Slightly more than 1 in 10 will 7out on the 4th roll (10.5%)
So, about 33.3% will 7out by the 4th roll.

50% of all shooters will 7out by the 6th roll.
You should know that about 60% of all shooters never make one point before they 7 out.
It is the odds on favorite and should be expected.
of course over any 10 shooter orbit about 1 in 8 will have 6 or more in a row not hitting one point.

No wonder why I have seen many high rollers (the smart craps players - some say the only smart players)
laying the point. They win the most times and the most money.

Taking all these numbers into consideration, I think it would be quite good to Lay the 4/10 on the C/O, then Lay the Point. After 4 rolls, take the 4/10 down and sit out the Point being made.

I have run this through WinCraps(without a roll-file) and it appears to work just swell. I have watched a couple in A/C who lay just the 4, then take it down after 4 rolls and wait for the next shooter. They are Always making money on this 'strategy'. I, unfortunately, like to be more active on the DP and DC and end up getting burned for staying and playing too long.

What does this crowd think about the numbers here?
Thanking you in advance for your input, gentle or not, cause we all gotta learn !!
Jeffrey
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
August 4th, 2014 at 9:03:26 PM permalink
Quote: jkluv7

First off, some quotes I have been collecting from this forum, the second attributed to my champion, Sally; the first, I don't know who said it.

1 in 9 will 7out on the 2nd roll (11.11%)
Slightly more than 1 in 9 will 7out on the 3rd roll (11.7%)
That makes about 22.8%.
So out of 1 million shooters (random AND DIs) over 228,000 will 7out by the 3rd roll.

Slightly more than 1 in 10 will 7out on the 4th roll (10.5%)
So, about 33.3% will 7out by the 4th roll.

50% of all shooters will 7out by the 6th roll.
You should know that about 60% of all shooters never make one point before they 7 out.
It is the odds on favorite and should be expected.
of course over any 10 shooter orbit about 1 in 8 will have 6 or more in a row not hitting one point.

No wonder why I have seen many high rollers (the smart craps players - some say the only smart players)
laying the point. They win the most times and the most money.

Taking all these numbers into consideration, I think it would be quite good to Lay the 4/10 on the C/O, then Lay the Point. After 4 tools, take the 4/10 down and sit out the Point being made.

I have run this through WinCraps(without a roll-file) and it appears to work just swell. I have watched a couple in A/C who lay just the 4, then take it down after 4 rolls and wait for the next shooter. They are Always making money on this 'strategy'. I, unfortunately, like to be more active on the DP and DC and end up getting burned for staying and playing too long.

What does this crowd think about the numbers here?
Thanking you in advance for your input, gentle or not, cause we all gotta learn !!
Jeffrey

This is part of the FAQ, I believe, from the Wizard.

https://wizardofodds.com/ask-the-wizard/craps/betting-systems/

Aside from trying to put effort into the throw, the game of craps is very simple for optimal play. Max out your lay odds on the don't pass and done.
aahigh.com
jkluv7
jkluv7
  • Threads: 4
August 5th, 2014 at 6:10:38 AM permalink
Thanks Ahigh...

I will go read that website....
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
August 5th, 2014 at 8:32:20 AM permalink
I fixed my link by adding a trailing slash. It's a problem with the website not with the process that either of us used to forward the URL to the forum.
aahigh.com
  • Jump to: