guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
June 14th, 2014 at 9:53:59 AM permalink
What do you guys think of parlaying? Ever parlay?

I saw something crazy last night around 5:00 in the morning. A shooter on the come out roll rolled a 3 craps, and then he rolled 9 sevens in a row. I will occasionally see 5 in a row, but 9 is the record. Although the weird thing is that he rolled 5 in a row, and then they stopped the game for about 5 minutes (which they always do at 5:00 in the morning to do inventory on the chips). Then when it came back to him he rolled another 4 in a row.

If you had the $15 minimum pass line bet and parlayed that you'd hit that every time you would have banked $8,000 just off that one come out roll.

What do you guys think of parlaying and have any of you made serious money parlaying?

My only real success story was one time I bought in for only $200 (at one point I was down to my last $30 I remember), anyways after I started getting back to even I had a $15 on the Don't pass and they rolled craps 3 times in a row and I parlayed each time so I was at $120, I won my don't pass bet and I decided to leave it up instead of taking it off and I won several times in a row and then another craps rolled and I went to $240 and won two or three before a shooter made his point. I bought in for $200 that day and left with 2 grand.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
June 14th, 2014 at 10:29:15 AM permalink
Quote: guitarmandp

I saw something crazy last night around 5:00 in the morning. A shooter on the come out roll rolled a 3 craps, and then he rolled 9 sevens in a row. I will occasionally see 5 in a row, but 9 is the record. Although the weird thing is that he rolled 5 in a row, and then they stopped the game for about 5 minutes (which they always do at 5:00 in the morning to do inventory on the chips). Then when it came back to him he rolled another 4 in a row.

If you had the $15 minimum pass line bet and parlayed that you'd hit that every time you would have banked $8,000 just off that one come out roll.

What do you guys think of parlaying and have any of you made serious money parlaying?

My only real success story was one time I bought in for only $200 (at one point I was down to my last $30 I remember), anyways after I started getting back to even I had a $15 on the Don't pass and they rolled craps 3 times in a row and I parlayed each time so I was at $120, I won my don't pass bet and I decided to leave it up instead of taking it off and I won several times in a row and then another craps rolled and I went to $240 and won two or three before a shooter made his point. I bought in for $200 that day and left with 2 grand.

No, you would have ended up with $0. Because you would have lost the last $8000 bet.

Parlaying is fine, but when do you stop?
Lemieux66
Lemieux66
  • Threads: 24
June 14th, 2014 at 12:27:40 PM permalink
It's not craps, but I have parlayed on sports in the past because of a site error. On hockey, you could parlay individual team over/unders with the grand salami as long as there were two games or more. Imagine having under 5.5 on two games and salami under 11.5
10 eyes for an eye. 10 teeth for a tooth. 10 bucks for a buck?! Hit the bad guys where it hurts the most: the face and the wallet.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
June 14th, 2014 at 6:13:05 PM permalink

he rolled 9 sevens in a row. I will occasionally see 5 in a row, but 9 is the record.

About a 1 in 10 million shot. I hope you enjoyed it because your chances of seeing it again are not good.
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
June 14th, 2014 at 6:39:27 PM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Parlaying is fine, but when do you stop?

Truer words. If you decide to parlay, you need to have a stopping point (or at least a place where you plan to take profits). When I play the hardways (6/8 only) I like to do something like $5>$50>$250>$1000. A straight up parlay early on is nice, but you've gotta take your profit on the third or fourth hit, otherwise it's basically just a firebet/allsmallnothing.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Steen
Steen
  • Threads: 0
June 14th, 2014 at 7:35:12 PM permalink

I saw something crazy last night around 5:00 in the morning. A shooter on the come out roll rolled a 3 craps, and then he rolled 9 sevens in a row.

It's funny ... some folks complain when they see events such as this on a simulator yet they obviously do happen.

Steen
VegasDiceController
VegasDiceController
  • Threads: 3
June 21st, 2014 at 9:56:14 AM permalink

roll#
1 $15 co7 stackem dont rack em
2 $30 co 7 advance 50% collect difference.. 50% of $30 is $15. Collect $15 in rack. net is $0 investment
3 $45 co 7 stackem dont rack em
4 $90 co 7. Advance 50% and collect difference. 50% of $90 is $45. Collect $45. Net return is now $45
5 $135. Co 7 stackem dont rack em.
6 $270 co7. Advance 50% and collect difference. 50% of $270 is $135. Collect $135 and new net gain is $180
7 $305 co7. Stackem dont rack em
8 $610 co7 Advance 50% and collect difference. 50% of $610 is $305. Collect $305 and new net gain is $485
9 $915 co7 Stackem dont rack em.

10th roll was ____? $1830. ( do we know the outcome of this # and if shooter did make his point cycle if indeed it was a box # and not a craps?
if he made it, looking at $3660 return and 50% rule says to advance $915 and collect $915. So next bet would be $2745 and new net gain is $1400.

VDC
http://www.trendsettercraps.com
PBguy
PBguy
  • Threads: 4
June 23rd, 2014 at 1:42:49 AM permalink
I had something similar happen last night when rolling. Not quite so many 7s in a row but 9 PL winners with 2 points made. Also threw 4 7s in a row along with a couple of 11s then another 7. Only rolled the dice something like 15 times total.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 23rd, 2014 at 2:01:02 AM permalink
I don't usually bet anything on the inside (props n hops), except the occasional "hop all the hard ways 2 ways" or "dealer yo" or "two way yo".

As for place bets, I will most definitely press 'em up -- fast too. Depends on my mood and cash on hand. $12 6&8 hit drop 4 and go to 30. Hit again and either press to 42 or 66 (drop 1). Next is either collect or drop 7 and go to 150. I don't plan on camping out at the craps table. I either hit a nice roll and collect nicely or lose trying.

From dealing craps, it's obvious that parlaying hard ways is a very tough way to win. Hell, it's hard enough to hit a hard way, let alone 2 of 'em in a row.

For hard 6/8, you have a 1/11 shot of hitting it. You got a 1/121 chance of hitting it with the parlay ($1 pays $99).

Then again, I've seen people (well, a person) parlay from 1 to 10 to 100 to 500 and walk with 9500.
bushman
bushman
  • Threads: 9
June 23rd, 2014 at 7:21:30 AM permalink
I have, in the past, played with parlaying the hard 6 or 8 (only when they are the points, don't ask me why that matters.) I have tried to go for three parlays starting with $1 on the hard way. Looking to get $1000 for my $1. Have yet to receive it. I believe I have only had the opportunity on three occasions. All last year, while playing at the GN. Twice on the same table during the same session, again, not that it matters, just anecdotal. Have not done so since, and probably will not in the future. Just wanted to say I had done it. If I had obtained that $1000, I would probably have taken all but $5 off the hard way. I know, it's a truly bad bet.
Never count your winnings at hour 23 of a 24-hour drive.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 23rd, 2014 at 12:41:48 PM permalink
when we were playing during our gathering at the Meadows, Wrongway showed me to play the hard 6 and 8 for $1 then parlay the winnings. I have done it quite a bit and have hit the parlay at least 10 times. Whenever I am buying in for $200, a 90 dollar win is worth the extra dollar here and there.

A few weeks ago I hit the hard 8, 4 times in a row. After the 2nd time the stick asked me if I wanted to parlay it again and I laughed and said no of course but I did press it to $15 and it hit again. He gave me a hard time and said I should have done it. Then told me to parlay it again since I was already up pretty good and of course I said no. Then it hit the 4th time. It actually hit a 5th time but the 4th time the point was 8 so it was on a come out roll. He then PSOed on us. It was a fun time and took me from about $40 left to $350.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
bushman
bushman
  • Threads: 9
June 23rd, 2014 at 12:44:57 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

It actually hit a 5th time but the 4th time the point was 8 so it was on a come out roll. He then PSOed on us. It was a fun time and took me from about $40 left to $350.

That leads to a question I was always asked, when I parlayed the hard 6/8. Hardways work on the come-out, unless called off. Me, I have them working. Them dice don't know what was just thrown. Right.
Never count your winnings at hour 23 of a 24-hour drive.
guitarmandp
guitarmandp
  • Threads: 41
June 23rd, 2014 at 12:56:48 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

when we were playing during our gathering at the Meadows, Wrongway showed me to play the hard 6 and 8 for $1 then parlay the winnings. I have done it quite a bit and have hit the parlay at least 10 times. Whenever I am buying in for $200, a 90 dollar win is worth the extra dollar here and there.

A few weeks ago I hit the hard 8, 4 times in a row. After the 2nd time the stick asked me if I wanted to parlay it again and I laughed and said no of course but I did press it to $15 and it hit again. He gave me a hard time and said I should have done it. Then told me to parlay it again since I was already up pretty good and of course I said no. Then it hit the 4th time. It actually hit a 5th time but the 4th time the point was 8 so it was on a come out roll. He then PSOed on us. It was a fun time and took me from about $40 left to $350.

If you had parlayed it though, you don't know if it would have hit. The stickman would have taken an extra 15-20 seconds to figure out the payout, pay you, etc... and then by the time the shooter got the dice again he might have been in a different position and thrown a totally different random number.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
June 23rd, 2014 at 1:26:43 PM permalink

If you had parlayed it though, you don't know if it would have hit. The stickman would have taken an extra 15-20 seconds to figure out the payout, pay you, etc... and then by the time the shooter got the dice again he might have been in a different position and thrown a totally different random number.

I never thought about that when it comes to throwing dice. I do all of the time when playing VP. like if I am playing DDB and I have AA22 and hold the AA and the redraw is 223. it makes me sad but I tell myself that taking the time to hold the other 2 would have given me a different redraw.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
  • Jump to: