crapsguy2012
crapsguy2012
  • Threads: 1
March 28th, 2014 at 3:02:20 PM permalink
I know all the payoffs of point numbers for your lay odds(1:2 on 4&10, 2:3 on 5&9, 5:6 on 6&8). What I'm wondering is if I'm trying to martingale on my dp bet and odds what would be a formula I could put in my calculator to quickly figure out what my next bet would need to be? I would know how much I have lost so far. Then I would need to know how much in odds to bet to get that money back(I dont count the line bet personally) and based on that I would have to put various amounts on the dp line. How would I quickly calculate this??

-I am the one who posted the question and the above is more explanation of it^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
March 28th, 2014 at 3:18:28 PM permalink
Quote: crapsguy2012

I know all the payoffs of point numbers for your lay odds(1:2 on 4&10, 2:3 on 5&9, 5:6 on 6&8). What I'm wondering is if I'm trying to martingale on my dp bet and odds what would be a formula I could put in my calculator to quickly figure out what my next bet would need to be? I would know how much I have lost so far. Then I would need to know how much in odds to bet to get that money back(I dont count the line bet personally) and based on that I would have to put various amounts on the dp line. How would I quickly calculate this??

(Losses + 1) / odds.

So if you bet 2 units on 4 and lose, you have lost 2. Now you would bet (2 + 1) / (1/2) = 6. If you win, you win 3 and are +1. If you lose, you lose 6 and are -8. The next one would be (8 + 1) / (1/2) = 18. If you win, you win 9 (and are +1). If you lose, you lose 18 and are -24.

Be ready for a wild ride, possibly straight down. You may hit table max very quickly. As you can see, on the 4 & 10, your bet triples every time. Also, you will want to adjust the odds to take the vig into account (since it doesn't actually pay 1:2 -- more like 0.95:2) Otherwise you may find that you are still down after your win, due to commission.

Edit: I was just answering the OP's question. I don't actually endorse doing this, for obvious reasons.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
March 28th, 2014 at 3:30:47 PM permalink
DP line bet will be Previous Loss * Inverse of Odds for New Point / 6

Easy rule(s) for the first bet after a loss:
For 4 & 10, 2X DP line bet & max odds
For 5 & 9, 1.5x (round up if necessary) DP line bet & max odds
For 6 & 8, 1.2x (round up if necessary) DP line bet & max odds

Example:
Wager $10, lay $60, lose.

To win $60 on your next odds bet:

4/10 = $20+$120 = win $60
5/9 = $15+$90 = win $60
6/7 = $12+$72 = win $60

Let's say you lose on a 5.

Now you have $150 lost (odds wagers only)

New point is 8.

150 * (6/5) / 6 = $30 for DP line. $180 odds wager to win $150.

You are going to get into some real money very quickly with this plan if you lose more than a few points in a row.

ETA - for a true Martingale you would need to bet the above + something. This plan would get you back to even, not advance you the original bet on a win.
crapsguy2012
crapsguy2012
  • Threads: 1
March 29th, 2014 at 9:52:06 AM permalink
Thanks for your response. Maybe I just don't follow the math terms so well, but I think I figured it out in my mind to where it makes sense. What I do is take: Loss/low amount of odds X high amount of odds. Written another way is: Loss divided by smaller number of the odds multipled by the higher amount of odds.

Example:

Point is 6. I laid $6 and lost. Now I'm down $6 and the point goes to a 5. I would take my loss of $6 and divide it by 2 which is the smaller of the odds(2:3) which gives me three and then multiply that by 3 which is the higher amount of odds which gives me 9. I would need to put $9 in lay odds to get my 6 back.

Obviously on some numbers the number that it gives me would not be a correct amount of the odds so I would have to round up to get the right bet, but it gets me in the ballpark quickly. I was trying to figure out how to do this so I'm not standing there holding up the game trying to figure it out. I can figure out the smaller ones in my head quickly, say up to about 50 dollars but after that I need a formula. Not sure if the way I just said it is what you were saying but it seems to work.
TerribleTom
TerribleTom
  • Threads: 8
March 29th, 2014 at 12:23:00 PM permalink
Quote: crapsguy2012

Point is 6. I laid $6 and lost. Now I'm down $6 and the point goes to a 5. I would take my loss of $6 and divide it by 2 which is the smaller of the odds(2:3) which gives me three and then multiply that by 3 which is the higher amount of odds which gives me 9. I would need to put $9 in lay odds to get my 6 back.

Your math is correct.

Lost odds * Inverse of payout is the same as lost odds / payout.

In your example, 6*3/2 is the same as 6/2*3. Both = 9.

Now all you need to do is divide that figure by 6 to get your DP bet then lay max odds.

If you can keep track of your combined losses over several rolls, when the new point is:
6/8, multiply total prior loss by 0.2
5/9, multiply total prior loss by 0.25
4/10, multiply total prior loss by 0.333

To arrive at your new DP line wager (always round up). Then lay max odds for that wager.

I guess in your $6/$9 example you could theoretically wager $2 then exactly $9 in odds on a 5/9 point and still get your $6 back on a win.
  • Jump to: