darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 297
February 8th, 2014 at 7:15:03 AM permalink
I wanted to know if a multi-game machine like E-Craps/Sic Bo is the same odds wise as regular craps.

In particular, I am referring to the fact that there is a third die in this format that affects the other two die for craps.

There is no live craps game where any player would be allowed to throw a third die and certainly with the huge size of the three die in these bubble games, the black die(which is for Sic Bo only) affects the outcome of the two white die for craps.

I have seen it many times where a white die was about to land in one configuration and then was bumped by the black die near the end of the roll causing a different outcome.

I'm guessing that there is some weird equation where the influence of the black die gets added and then probability subtracts it to give you a neutral answer, but having seen many of my winners becomes losers thanks to a black die nudge, I was curious what the consensus was on this.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
February 8th, 2014 at 7:24:58 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
February 8th, 2014 at 7:43:38 AM permalink
One random outcome is being substituted for what would have been a different original random outcome; players notice when the latter was in their favor [say the hard eight settling gets bumped to a 7]. It is similar to worrying about what a ploppy decides to do at 3rd base, alternating random outcomes where players notice unfavorable changes and ignore favorable ones.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
  • Threads: 33
February 9th, 2014 at 8:29:24 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I wanted to know if a multi-game machine like E-Craps/Sic Bo is the same odds wise as regular craps.

In particular, I am referring to the fact that there is a third die in this format that affects the other two die for craps.

There is no live craps game where any player would be allowed to throw a third die and certainly with the huge size of the three die in these bubble games, the black die(which is for Sic Bo only) affects the outcome of the two white die for craps.

I have seen it many times where a white die was about to land in one configuration and then was bumped by the black die near the end of the roll causing a different outcome.

I'm guessing that there is some weird equation where the influence of the black die gets added and then probability subtracts it to give you a neutral answer, but having seen many of my winners becomes losers thanks to a black die nudge, I was curious what the consensus was on this.

Some payouts are in fact better and also the third die in many occasions as random as it is save the other from making that 7. I see your point of view but the opposite happens just the same.
8 more years till retirement.
  • Jump to: