befamous7
befamous7
  • Threads: 15
January 17th, 2014 at 4:52:31 PM permalink
After reading about the "darkside" I've become interested in trying it out for myself. One aspect that I'm still a little unclear about is losing after your Don't Come point has been established.

Say for example (yes I know another example) I have a bet on the Don't Pass and the shooter sets 4 as the point. For simplicity, let's say the shooter rolls 5,6,8,9,10 in a row and I have made Don't Come bets for all of those numbers. From my understanding, if the very next roll is a 7 I would win all of my Don't Come bets as well as my Don't Pass bet. Is this correct?

For another example, let's say the shooter made the point of 4 instead of the 7 out. I'd lose my Don't Pass bet but my Don't Come bets are still working on the next come out roll. If the very next roll is a 7 would I win or lose my Don't Come bets?

Sorry if this post is a little more complex than it could have been. Perhaps I could have asked, "How do you lose your Don't Come point?"
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 17th, 2014 at 4:57:21 PM permalink
Quote: befamous7

Say for example (yes I know another example) I have a bet on the Don't Pass and the shooter sets 4 as the point. For simplicity, lets say the shooter rolls 5,6,8,9,10 in a row and I have made Don't Come bets for all of those numbers. From my understanding, if the very next roll is a 7 I would win all of my Don't Come bets as well as my Don't Pass bet. Is this correct?

Yes
Quote:

For another example, let's say the shooter made the point of 4 instead of the 7 out. I'd lose my Don't Pass bet but my Don't Come bets are still working on the next come out roll. If the very next roll is a 7 would I win or lose my Don't Come bets?

Win.
Quote:

Perhaps I could have asked, "How do you lose your Don't Come point?"

Simple and discouraging. You lose the established Don't Come bets behind the line when the shooter rolls those numbers. Ugh!
befamous7
befamous7
  • Threads: 15
January 17th, 2014 at 5:12:02 PM permalink
Thank you.

I don't want to flood the forum with similar questions so I'll post it here. Does anyone out there play the Pass Line along with Don't Come bets?
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
January 17th, 2014 at 5:15:00 PM permalink
The method of repeated Dont' Come is you want to establish a few different numbers (to miss) and then pray for a 7 before too many of them are hit again.

Personally I sometimes try a Don't Pass and two Don't Comes and establish three numbers to miss. If I'm unlucky on the way, perhaps a number is thrown twice (i.e. the Don't bet loses) and it may cost quite a bit to get upto three different numbers being thrown and established as points. Once I get to three I let them gradually die (unless shooting when I change sides on the pass line).

Obviously the best result is to throw three different numbers and then hit the 7 immediately - that's a nice feeling.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
January 17th, 2014 at 7:41:37 PM permalink

Does anyone out there play the Pass Line along with Don't Come bets?

This seems silly to me but there's no real harm to it. House edge with this system will be just slightly lower than the common system of pass + come bets. The only thing is you're limiting your wins with the former system unless you really dance between the range drops of making only your point and then hitting the 7 on the next come out roll.
dicesitter
dicesitter
  • Threads: 32
January 17th, 2014 at 9:16:54 PM permalink
yes

I haver not done it for years because it does not make much sense. But i did see a guy use
it years ago when the table was the type where you would make 1 pass winner and then
that was about all.

He would place pass line bet with odds and two dont come bets. Guy hit his pass line winner
and then a 7 on the come out and you were looking good.

Perfect as long as it worked.

i would not suggest any one do that, but to be honest it makes better sense than some of the
ways i see guys play.

dicesetter
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
January 17th, 2014 at 9:59:47 PM permalink
" Perfect as long as it worked. " It usually is.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 17th, 2014 at 11:43:01 PM permalink

Does anyone out there play the Pass Line along with Don't Come bets?

I often play the DontPass with two Come Bets.
It confuses the dealers and generally doesn't work out for me but sometimes you just feel the shooter will indeed be making some points for awhile but in that time he won't be making the right one before he hits the inevitable Seven.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
January 18th, 2014 at 2:37:04 AM permalink
the best things about playing the dark side are:

*your odds bets are always on - no need to tell the dealer you want them on, or to have mixed feelings for that matter

*if it's 3x4x5x, it's a set amount for the free odds no matter what number is to be resolved
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
fwtxbevo
fwtxbevo
  • Threads: 2
January 18th, 2014 at 5:09:19 AM permalink
I play don't come only; no don't pass bets at all. Sometimes I lay odds, sometimes I do not depending on the amount of the dc bet. It is a grinder mentality, but I win much more often than not.
Dicenor33
Dicenor33
  • Threads: 1
January 18th, 2014 at 6:11:12 AM permalink
A single monster roll can change your life. By playing dark side you are denying this opportunity.
darthvader
darthvader
  • Threads: 11
January 18th, 2014 at 1:28:40 PM permalink
Quote: fwtxbevo

I play don't come only; no don't pass bets at all. Sometimes I lay odds, sometimes I do not depending on the amount of the dc bet. It is a grinder mentality, but I win much more often than not.

Me too!!
7-out, line away, pay the don't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEcwAWi6dk
darthvader
darthvader
  • Threads: 11
January 18th, 2014 at 1:30:22 PM permalink
Quote: Dicenor33

A single monster roll can change your life. By playing dark side you are denying this opportunity.

Which is why I play the don't to start with, but change to the light side after two points have been made. I agree that it is much more fun to win money on the light. I use the dark to grind out some profit while I wait for that monster roll.
7-out, line away, pay the don't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEcwAWi6dk
CrapsGenious
CrapsGenious
  • Threads: 33
January 19th, 2014 at 10:04:37 AM permalink
Quote: darthvader

Which is why I play the don't to start with, but change to the light side after two points have been made. I agree that it is much more fun to win money on the light. I use the dark to grind out some profit while I wait for that monster roll.

I think of it this way. There are 14 shooters per round at a full table. 12 out of 14 will roll very bad establishing a point then 7 out. But, those two shooters will make numbers averaging more than 10 numbers.

I have to assume i will be losing my or $160 place bets at least 12 times so I will fluctuate the pressing for future shooters as to retrieve some previous losses keeping in mind that it only takes one very good shooter to keep me going for a few more rounds.

Hedging is huge in craps but dark side betting 100% not gonna cut it in the craps world.
8 more years till retirement.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
January 19th, 2014 at 12:25:00 PM permalink
Quote: CrapsGenious

Hedging is huge in craps but dark side betting 100% not gonna cut it in the craps world.

This statement is pure "genious".
Fighting BS one post at a time!
BizzyB
BizzyB
  • Threads: 5
January 19th, 2014 at 4:13:05 PM permalink
"Dont Come" LOL. Kinda rollin the dice if that's how u play it.
  • Jump to: