terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
December 24th, 2013 at 10:12:24 AM permalink
Been playing a ton of craps lately at the Freemont downtown. Its so much fun and the min is just 3.
Playing the darkside and just laying min odds .
Playing lightside when shooting.
Anyway, its a real fun game.
What makes it way more enjoyable is a stickman keeping up that craps jargon chatter.
One stick guy I liked alot, all kind of neat phrases.
The guy is a rarity down here.
Anyplace downtown or strip 5 min bet with great craps chatter?
I wanna play someplace cheap with good chatter.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 24th, 2013 at 12:26:39 PM permalink
There's a guy at Main Street Station (I believe on swing) who's hilarious on stick. He's a big white guy with glasses. Think his name is Alex or something. Dude always has the table cracking up. There's also some good stickmen on the Strip, but if you're looking for $5 tables, good luck.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 79
December 25th, 2013 at 6:39:29 PM permalink
Ok, not doing too bad , about even after 4 days which means I have money.
Moving up to the 10 dollar tables but just betting the lowroller Dont 10.
Just doing it for fun in between poker cash games.
Walked up to an empty craps table here at Ballys and lamented to the crew about lack of stick chatter.
After some joking around, threw 10 down on the Dont, boy did they give me the chatter, stickman reminded me of the asian from the Hangover.
Lost the bet, fun chatter but no fun shooting at an empty table, I like to walk up to crowded table playing darkside just for fun. I'm a bit twisted.
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
December 25th, 2013 at 6:53:00 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I like to walk up to crowded table playing darkside just for fun. I'm a bit twisted.

My friend likes to do that. If he can clear a full table, he considers it a victory.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 42
December 25th, 2013 at 7:40:38 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

My friend likes to do that. If he can clear a full table, he considers it a victory.

YOU GUYS ARE SICK with a capital S
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
December 25th, 2013 at 7:53:42 PM permalink
Quote: speedycrap

YOU GUYS ARE SICK with a capital S

Not me. Just him. I don't play dark side. I do laugh my ass off when people leave the table cursing my friend out, though. I love gambling.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
December 25th, 2013 at 8:53:45 PM permalink

Walked up to an empty craps table here at Ballys and lamented to the crew about lack of stick chatter.

Hey terapined, since you like chess so much, you should stick around Bally's tomorrow. There's going to be a really big chess tournament there, and you'll be able to check out some games from Grandmasters. The tourney ends on Sunday.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 95
December 25th, 2013 at 9:04:47 PM permalink
Question: Am I the only one bothered by stickman chatter when I am the ONLY player at the table? I sometimes play on empty tables -- just me, myself and I -- and the stick does his routine. Why bother? They know how I bet. I understand its part of their job, but... why bother?
dicesitter
dicesitter
December 25th, 2013 at 9:14:31 PM permalink
Alan

Their chatter does not bother me, what i dont like is you make a couple of decent rolls and
pretty soon he has standing there leaning over or hold his stick in front of him so you
can throw down the pass line.

Come here and play, but if you look like you can win, well we dont like that.

The head guy at Trop in Laughlin said that this year, we cant take a chance on anyone
winning on our craps table. I told him, well if you beleive that why not have some stand
by the front door and tell everyone that.

dicesetter
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 302
December 26th, 2013 at 2:46:39 AM permalink

I like to walk up to crowded table playing darkside just for fun. I'm a bit twisted.

I have no problem with that, although at a crowded table I play right-side. If we are winning the Darkside guy is miserable, and usually you can rib him with "PLEASE keep betting, it's good luck for us!"
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder

• Jump to: