fauzool
fauzool
  • Threads: 1
August 23rd, 2013 at 12:58:48 AM permalink
If im betting on the dont come and dont pass should I always but on the dont come, even if all the places are full? Of course ill always be maxing odds or should I only bet on the dont come with 3 or less on the places? Still trying to get the hang of craps but im wanting to get the best odds I can get. I hear betting on dont come and dont pass offer the best odds
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
August 23rd, 2013 at 1:38:44 AM permalink
From a math standpoint, you're already making all the 'best' bets on the craps table. Most people wouldn't bet the DC on every single roll, but technically speaking, there's nothing wrong with it. If you have a big enough bankroll, then you're all good.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 23rd, 2013 at 3:48:59 AM permalink
Quote: fauzool

I hear betting on dont come and dont pass offer the best odds

You hear correctly, but the difference between being on The Don'ts (DP then DC) rather than being a Right Bettor (PassLine then Come bets) is very very small. Since the Odds you must LAY on the Dont Side require a larger bankroll, it works out that Being a RIGHT Bettor or a WRONG Bettor is pretty much a coin toss with virtually the same risks and rewards.

If im betting on the dont come and dont pass should I always but on the dont come, even if all the places are full? Of course ill always be maxing odds or should I only bet on the dont come with 3 or less on the places?

Your statement is confusing due to lack of precision in your language.

Its DontPass, Don'tCome. How many DC bets you make depends on what you want to risk and how much action you need.

Don't use the word "place" unless you mean a Place Bet. That may end some of the confusion.
darthvader
darthvader
  • Threads: 11
August 23rd, 2013 at 6:23:40 AM permalink
I suggest limiting your exposure to at most 2 DP/DC bets. Losing a string of don't bets to a hot (lucky, whatever) shooter is what scares most off the dark side.

Darth
7-out, line away, pay the don't. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esEcwAWi6dk
fauzool
fauzool
August 23rd, 2013 at 10:33:09 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

You hear correctly, but the difference between being on The Don'ts (DP then DC) rather than being a Right Bettor (PassLine then Come bets) is very very small. Since the Odds you must LAY on the Dont Side require a larger bankroll, it works out that Being a RIGHT Bettor or a WRONG Bettor is pretty much a coin toss with virtually the same risks and rewards.

Your statement is confusing due to lack of precision in your language.

Its DontPass, Don'tCome. How many DC bets you make depends on what you want to risk and how much action you need.

Don't use the word "place" unless you mean a Place Bet. That may end some of the confusion.

So the table ill be playing is 2x odds and min 5 and max 500 I have 500 dollars that i want to start with what would you suggest doing? As far as me saying "place" I mean the bet that i put on the Dontcome that goes behind on of the numbers. Also why does the dont better need a higher bank roll?

Thank you
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
August 23rd, 2013 at 10:52:51 AM permalink

So the table ill be playing is 2x odds and min 5 and max 500 I have 500 dollars that i want to start with what would you suggest doing? As far as me saying "place" I mean the bet that i put on the Dontcome that goes behind on of the numbers. Also why does the dont better need a higher bank roll?

Thank you

Because if you want to Lay max odds, you will be putting more money on the table.

Right side bettor, $5 PL point is 4, 2x odds are $10 = $15 total bet
Dark side bettor, $5 DP point is 4, 2x odds are $20 (to win $10) = $25 total bet
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
August 23rd, 2013 at 11:44:05 AM permalink

So the table ill be playing is 2x odds and min 5 and max 500 I have 500 dollars that i want to start with what would you suggest doing?

I can't really suggest anything to you since I don't know what your preferences are as far as risk, time at table, etc., I can only tell you how I would play at that table with that bankroll.

I'd approach the table noting the general atmosphere, number of players, number of Place Bets, etc. and make a decision regarding whether I wished to be a WRONG Bettor or a RIGHT Bettor. Of course if everyone is happy and chips are spilling all over the place because shooters have been establishing and making points all morning long there is not the slightest guarantee that situation will continue. I just see no need to "buck the trend". So step one is decide between Right (DO) and Wrong (DONT). Its just about even as far as the math goes. So if you have to do so, just toss a coin.

If Right Bettor: Pass Line and usually TWO come bets (perhaps sometimes 3 Come Bets) plus TAKE odds.
If Wrong Bettor: DontPass with never more than TWO DontCome Bets plus LAY odds.

The above would be my general betting pattern,
my INITIAL bets would be TWO passline bets of equal amounts: one for me, one two inches closer to the dealer for the Dealers. Then I'd Take odds in equal amounts two inches behind my bet and two inches behind the dealers bet. By this time, no matter how jammed up the game is and no matter how asleep the dealers were, they are awake and alert now! They know I'm there and they know they had better pay attention to me at all times.

Soon you will note the frequency of CW visits and the time it takes for drinks to arrive... this may affect your fatigue levels but should not affect your betting strategy.

If you start to do really well, you can increase to 4 come bets but I'd not go any further.
I would be hesitant to go to 3 DontCome bets and would never go beyond 3 no matter what the table was like, unless I had a higher bankroll. Optimal DarkSide play requires a higher bankroll. However, you never have to play in an optimal manner, only a favorable and intelligent manner.
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
August 23rd, 2013 at 7:42:38 PM permalink
Personally if I'm betting against (even if shooting on a quiet table) I'll make a Don't Pass and two Don't Come - that way my jackpot is three [different] numbers then the Seven-Out. If I make my point, then sometimes I switch sides (to keep the dice) and wait until the bets resolve themselves. The worst thing is to chase Don't Bets - just accept this wasn't your roll!
fauzool
fauzool
August 23rd, 2013 at 10:43:47 PM permalink
Thanks I appreciate your response Ill get on wincraps and just test different things with come and dontcome bets and see how things go. Also when would you suggest leaving? I always have a hard time anywhere i play poker,bj, spanish I just dont know when to leave lol any insight on this?
jkluv7
jkluv7
  • Threads: 4
August 25th, 2013 at 7:48:40 PM permalink
You leave when you have hit your loss-limit, whatever that is for you. Some define it as your entire buy-in, others consider it a percentage of your buy-in, perhaps 60% or 75%. You leave when you have hit your win-limit. Your win-limit will grow as you are winning, but you never want to drop below your win-limit. Let's say you set it at +$100. You have +150 in your chip rack. You then set your win-limit up to +$125. If you lose a hand(game) and end up with +$120, time to walk. If you win and you now have +$200 in your chip rack, perhaps your new win-limit is +$175. Never, ever drop your win-limit. When you are up, go relax and consider yourself a winner !
Jeffrey
  • Jump to: