Mikey75
Mikey75
  • Threads: 49
May 5th, 2013 at 12:31:58 PM permalink
I was wondering if anyone has this software and what your opinion of it was. I just downloaded the free ware version and it seems to be a decent program. If you purchase the program can you run automated sims? I can set it for auto play now but it still rolls each roll of the dice and stops every time a seven is rolled and you have to manually restart it. Anyone have it and recommend it?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 5th, 2013 at 12:33:22 PM permalink
Ha ha, much discussed here. Best $20 a craps player ever spent.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Mikey75
Mikey75
May 5th, 2013 at 12:42:02 PM permalink
Now I certainly feel like a idiot. I should have just used the search feature. I keep forgetting about that. Sorry for rehashing a age old subject around here. My only concern now is that I can learn how to program it.
Mikey75
Mikey75
May 5th, 2013 at 12:54:56 PM permalink
Just purchased the software. Now I just have to wait on the activation code to be sent.
Mikey75
Mikey75
May 6th, 2013 at 6:28:33 PM permalink
I have recieved the registration code for the software. I am having a issue with a very basic function. I am trying to set up auto betting to run a Iron Cross only when the point is set at 5,6, or 8. I have written the script for the auto betting program and when I check it it says that it is correct. However when I run the software it doesn't make any bets at all. I have it checked as active. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 7th, 2013 at 12:27:02 AM permalink
Quote: Mikey75

I have recieved the registration code for the software. I am having a issue with a very basic function. I am trying to set up auto betting to run a Iron Cross only when the point is set at 5,6, or 8. I have written the script for the auto betting program and when I check it it says that it is correct. However when I run the software it doesn't make any bets at all. I have it checked as active. Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

You need auto-play correct too, maybe.

Post your auto-bet instructions and someone could help.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Mikey75
Mikey75
May 7th, 2013 at 2:15:40 PM permalink
When . . .
A point is established on the number 5
A point is established on the number 6
A point is established on the number 8
then . . .
Bet $ 5 on Lay 5
Bet $ 5 on Lay 6
Bet $ 5 on Lay 8
Bet $ 5 on Field

That is the script that I have wrote for auto bet.

I'm not sure what needs to be set in auto play. In that menu you can select what to do with a bet after a win or a loss. I can place any bet I want to and it will keep it up for every roll but it can't distiguish when to take down the bet or add any variations. It's either all or nothing so to speak.

Edit: I also loaded one of the schemes allready wrote in the program and it would not load the bets either. I'm fairly certain that my problem is in the settings for the auto play menu but I have no idea how to set it to make it work.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
May 7th, 2013 at 2:25:46 PM permalink
i really don't see the fascination with this software. all the different betting systems are just rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic. craps is a negative game. literally, its only value is as entertainment. so you should play in the way that's most entertaining to you.

spoiler alert, if you run a simulation of the "iron cross" when the point is 5, 6 or 8, it will lose at a percentage approaching the average house edge per dollar bet.
Mikey75
Mikey75
May 7th, 2013 at 2:31:13 PM permalink
I realize that this is a negitive expection game and I don't think that there is a betting strategy that can overcome that edge. I would like to try various strategies and get a idea on which one will allow me to play the longest for I go entirelly bankrupt. That's my main purpose for wanting this software.
7craps
7craps
  • Threads: 18
May 7th, 2013 at 2:53:32 PM permalink

When . . .
then . . .
Bet $ 5 on Lay 5
Bet $ 5 on Lay 6
Bet $ 5 on Lay 8
Bet $ 5 on Field

That is the script that I have wrote for auto bet.

Edit: I also loaded one of the schemes allready wrote in the program and it would not load the bets either. I'm fairly certain that my problem is in the settings for the auto play menu but I have no idea how to set it to make it work.

You need to read how to code properly (and avoid very common mistakes)
in the Help section.
(The WinCraps Pro Multi-Player version has a way better auto-bet engine.
It is not yet available to the public. Coming soon)

When . . .

There is an assumed AND after each line of code
That will never happen

Also learn the difference between When and While (in the Help section with examples)

Try this:
While . . .
or while . . .
A point is established on the number 6 or 8
then . . .
etc etc
(I do not think you really want $5 Lay bets???)
Just talk it out and it makes sense

Good Luck
winsome johnny (not Win some johnny)
Mikey75
Mikey75
May 7th, 2013 at 4:27:22 PM permalink
Thanks a lot I'll try that.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 64
May 7th, 2013 at 4:28:09 PM permalink

I realize that this is a negitive expection game and I don't think that there is a betting strategy that can overcome that edge. I would like to try various strategies and get a idea on which one will allow me to play the longest for I go entirelly bankrupt. That's my main purpose for wanting this software.

if you want to play the longest without going broke, you should definitely avoid high house-edge bets like the field. If you really want to last the longest, bet the minimum on the don't pass with no odds. and find excuses to skip rolls. like don't bet DP again if the shooter makes a point, wait for the next shooter.
  • Jump to: