Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
February 8th, 2013 at 8:54:32 AM permalink
VegasDiceController is going to come by for the next show assuming he doesn't have any conflicts. I also got some new gear that I hope to figure out how to operate before the show that should make it easier to see the graphs and the outcome of the dice at the same time which I think is going to be a big help for people watching online. Other locals are welcome to participate in future shows as well, but as someone on the board has found, I don't just allow anyone to come to my house without having met them first in person. So if you do want to come by, there is a sort of screening process. It should be obvious why, but the short answer why is because I don't want strange weirdos from the internet at my house. If I don't like you, or if I think you are weird you don't come over. Pretty simple really. I mean it is my house. And as long as we're on the topic, if you aren't being helpful towards my purpose, and you want to come over for your own reasons rather than why I would want you here, you're not going to be coming over. I am not renting out equipment and I don't need extra income. I'm doing this for entertainment, not for financial necessity.

VegasDiceController (we will call him VDC from here on out) is a guy who is known here locally to be an accomplished shooter. He has different methods than I do, and he has some betting strategies that are interesting too. We won't be seeing him on film, but he's offered to work the stick for me and I assume that he will also perform some of his shots as well.

If there are other people who already know more about how to use stuff like the Television Studio rack-mounted gear it could be helpful as I have to do a bunch of other stuff besides figure out how that thing works. I'll be working on that this weekend (installing software and testing) but if someone else is interested to help or operate the equipment during the show it would help me focus on shooting to operate the cameras and switching equipment. Ideally, this show is going to operate best with a dedicated stick man and a dedicated switcher guy, and ideally and extra camera person or TWO.

By the time we get to March 11th, it would be great to have some people to fill these roles so that when we get the real show for which the Ahigh show is just a practice routine things will go off without a hitch.

I plan to do the best that I can as a one-man thing, but I want to invite others, especially those who live locally, to actually contribute more than angst and strife towards my efforts. It should be pointed out that nobody is getting paid for anything unless they win a bet. But to put on a good show, it's something that I could use a hand with!

I will feed you if you can come by and help. And I'm pretty sure it will be fun.

Here's what I'm hoping for ideally two positions:

1) Slow motion camera person
2) Laptop operator to man the ATEM Television Studio rack-mounted hardware remotely

The benefits are just to make a friend and have some free pizza and soda and hang out at my place. I do need to meet you and screen you before the show if it's going to work out though.

You don't have to stay for the entire hour, either. Whenever you can be here is fine and we will improvise. Since it's not a paying gig, I can't rag on you if you flake. So no worries!

Obviously if you want to shoot, we want you to shoot the dice too!
aahigh.com
  • Jump to: