100xOdds
100xOdds
  • Threads: 638
November 22nd, 2012 at 3:34:51 PM permalink
1) Best strategy playing Rightside:
With continuous come, it's like a minor hedge for the 7. if the 7 comes, you get a little $ back from your Come win.

2) Best strategy playing Dark:
the 7 is your enemy on the Dont Come. It's like a reverse hedge where the house has a hedge against you.
ie: you have $50 dont pass/$300 odds. then you put down $50 on dont come and a 7 shows. you win the dont pass but the house gets your $50 Dont come.

Thus single Dont pass is best if playing Dark.

Am i wrong on either? If so, WHY?
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 22nd, 2012 at 5:35:30 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

1) Best strategy playing Rightside:
With continuous come, it's like a minor hedge for the 7. if the 7 comes, you get a little $ back from your Come win.

2) Best strategy playing Dark:
the 7 is your enemy on the Dont Come. It's like a reverse hedge where the house has a hedge against you.
ie: you have $50 dont pass/$300 odds. then you put down $50 on dont come and a 7 shows. you win the dont pass but the house gets your $50 Dont come.

Thus single Dont pass is best if playing Dark.

Am i wrong on either? If so, WHY?

You're not wrong but you're not right either. Play the way that gives you the most enjoyment. It's a negative EV game, don't overthink it too much!

The "best" strategy, in terms of making money, is not to play. Only you can define the best strategy for having fun.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
November 22nd, 2012 at 6:14:18 PM permalink
The problem with the right side line of thinking for me is that if you're putting down odds the money you get back from the "hedge" is negligible. This actually leads to me not doing the continuous come bet... one at most if the point takes up the 6/8 and I have to pull my place (I usually play point/odds + placing the 6/8).

I don't play the dark side enough to give you my point of view on that.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
November 22nd, 2012 at 6:15:35 PM permalink
That's what I love about craps. You get to choose your EV and your variance, unlike any other game.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 22nd, 2012 at 9:42:25 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

That's what I love about craps. You get to choose your EV and your variance, unlike any other game.

And the chances are immutable, once the table rules are known.
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 56
November 23rd, 2012 at 2:55:17 AM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

(I usually play point/odds + placing the 6/8).

Sorry to be off topic, but do you press the 6/8 when it hits, and how many units do you press or is there no "limit" to your press?

I used to(as it's been a while) press to three units and then just wait and collect over and over again, never going higher than three units. Is that profitable or crazy?
  • Jump to: