MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
November 20th, 2012 at 7:38:24 PM permalink
Any forum members want to get together in Vegas for a craps/drinking session? [Dec 3-6]

People say systems don’t work. I have two craps systems that work rather well.

System #1- Bet pass line, take odds, lose $500.
System #2- Bet don’t pass, lay odds, lose $500.

I am proficient playing either system; even while consuming large quantities of alcohol.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
November 20th, 2012 at 7:40:45 PM permalink
Quote: MakingBook

Any forum members want to get together in Vegas for a craps/drinking session? [Dec 3-6]

I am proficient playing either system; even while consuming large quantities of alcohol.

Ah yes. I recognize that system. I call it the Guaranteed to leave with $500 system. Buy in for $1500, leave when you have $500 left.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
November 20th, 2012 at 7:43:16 PM permalink

Can you teach me your system? I usually lose $1000. It seems like I could be making an extra $500 per session!
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
November 20th, 2012 at 7:54:01 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

Can you teach me your system? I usually lose $1000. It seems like I could be making an extra $500 per session!

Sometimes the obvious answers are overlooked!

Buy in for $500
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
November 20th, 2012 at 7:57:22 PM permalink
That seems kind of cowardly...
kenarman
kenarman
  • Threads: 28
November 20th, 2012 at 8:20:06 PM permalink
This whole thread is just too funny. Wish I was in Vegas in December so I could learn the system.
Be careful when you follow the masses, the M is sometimes silent.
Ahigh
Ahigh
  • Threads: 90
November 20th, 2012 at 10:06:31 PM permalink
I don't drink while playing craps. But I suggest that if you do want to drink and play craps with buddies, one person does the do's with odds working the comeout, and the other person does the don'ts. You are guaranteed not to lose very much money in total for the group, PLUS if you switch (bet the do's when you shoot) you can bet you are a better shooter than your buddy and talk shit and buy the loser more beer or whatever when you're done.

Think of it as hiring dealers for $5 for every boxcar on the comeout in exchange for betting against your buddy. Sort of street craps with a vig on the 12.

Hey and free beer!

Someone will definitely win.
aahigh.com
MakingBook
MakingBook
  • Threads: 24
November 21st, 2012 at 5:29:11 AM permalink
Quote: Ahigh

But I suggest that if you do want to drink and play craps with buddies, one person does the do's with odds working the comeout, and the other person does the don'ts. You are guaranteed not to lose very much money in total for the group

I am extremely fearful of playing both systems simultaneously. Within seconds of placing chips on pass & don't pass, I suspect a house-sized meteor would crash through the craps table, killing all.
"I am a man devoured by the passion for gambling." --Dostoevsky, 1871
Ahigh
Ahigh
November 21st, 2012 at 9:28:58 AM permalink
100 boxcars in a row would be about the worst thing that could happen. Come on now!!!

It is actually WAY fun if you talk shit back and forth and mentally model it as you're taking your buddy's money.

I think this is what Teddy needs to do to keep the house from taking his money. Maybe you could bet the don't against Teddy's shooting and taking max odds. If you can't take his money, there is absolutely no hope for you in craps and you should just move on.
aahigh.com
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
November 21st, 2012 at 9:30:40 AM permalink

I think this is what Teddy needs to do to keep the house from taking his money. Maybe you could bet the don't against Teddy's shooting and taking max odds. If you can't take his money, there is absolutely no hope for you in craps and you should just move on.

LOL!
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
TIMSPEED
TIMSPEED
  • Threads: 89
November 21st, 2012 at 10:15:27 AM permalink

I don't drink while playing craps. But I suggest that if you do want to drink and play craps with buddies, one person does the do's with odds working the comeout, and the other person does the don'ts. You are guaranteed not to lose very much money in total for the group, PLUS if you switch (bet the do's when you shoot) you can bet you are a better shooter than your buddy and talk shit and buy the loser more beer or whatever when you're done.

Think of it as hiring dealers for $5 for every boxcar on the comeout in exchange for betting against your buddy. Sort of street craps with a vig on the 12.

Hey and free beer!

Someone will definitely win.

That's how I play craps most of the time...lol, works well!
I'll be in Vegas the week preceding Christmas....
Gambling calls to me...like this ~> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Nap37mNSmQ
Ahigh
Ahigh
November 21st, 2012 at 7:08:45 PM permalink
The staff can typically recognize what they call "keeping it in the family." But if they can't prove you are together, many places will rate your free odds play and you can easily work the system of comps for high-limit play as long as there are other players at the table. This way you can guarantee to win. The tip that usually gives it away is working on the comeout on the do side. But just tell them that you read on the internet that it's the smart way to play.

If you don't care that they won't comp you, it's more fun talking shit and being obviously buds just shooting against each other.
aahigh.com
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
November 22nd, 2012 at 5:15:16 PM permalink

...many places will rate your free odds play ...

Really? Many? I thought that was extremely rare.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
November 22nd, 2012 at 9:41:03 PM permalink

The tip that usually gives it away is working on the comeout on the do side.

So this means that now come and don't come bets are involved, right? For if the doey-don't is just for the pass and don't pass, no odds bets would be on the table for the comeout roll.
Ahigh
Ahigh
November 23rd, 2012 at 12:03:45 AM permalink
I'm pretty sure that there are at least two people with differing definitions of the "doey don't."

Regardless, your point is valid. You only have to worry about working if you bet opposing come and DC bets.
aahigh.com
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 23rd, 2012 at 6:07:38 AM permalink

You might be under-capitalized for the Don'tPass side, since you have a higher bankrole need when you are laying odds on the Dont Side.

Either way, the elbow bending is always a good idea whether as part of the came or not.
DrEntropy
DrEntropy
  • Threads: 27
November 25th, 2012 at 4:23:54 PM permalink

I guess the obvious unasked question is : Where?
"Mathematical expectation has nothing to do with results." (Sklansky, Theory of Poker).
  • Jump to: