CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
August 20th, 2012 at 5:12:07 PM permalink
Just came back from a trip where I played next to the Greatest Craps Shooter Ever! I have been playing Craps for over a decade and this one takes the cake.

After having dinner with my wife....I had $100 on me, gave my wife $20 to play the slots, had $80 left...decided to play a few minutes of craps.....the only spot available was on a $15 Craps table. Stood next to this guy who leans over to me and says, "Get ready to make a lot of $$$$". He buys in for $1,000; Bets $200 Pass Line, $600 Odds, $200 Hardway on the Point. He makes 10 total points, 8 of them Hardways. Almost every number he threw was a Hardway, it was the most unbelievable Dice throwing I have ever seen in my entire life and everybody on the table all said he was the greatest shooter they had ever seen.

I turned $80 to $1,300 (Betting conservatively).

The shooter turned $1,000 to over $20,000...
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 300
  • Posts: 8263
August 20th, 2012 at 5:16:13 PM permalink
Quote: CrapsForever

Just came back from a trip where I played next to the Greatest Craps Shooter Ever! I have been playing Craps for over a decade and this one takes the cake.

After having dinner with my wife....I had $100 on me, gave my wife $20 to play the slots, had $80 left...decided to play a few minutes of craps.....the only spot available was on a $15 Craps table. Stood next to this guy who leans over to me and says, "Get ready to make a lot of $$$$". He buys in for $1,000; Bets $200 Pass Line, $600 Odds, $200 Hardway on the Point. He makes 10 total points, 8 of them Hardways. Almost every number he threw was a Hardway, it was the most unbelievable Dice throwing I have ever seen in my entire life and everybody on the table all said he was the greatest shooter they had ever seen.

I turned $80 to $1,300 (Betting conservatively).

The shooter turned $1,000 to over $20,000...



Don't we all want to be that guy!? Sort of like Babe Ruth pointing to the section of the stands he is going to hit the home run to. Then doing it.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
August 20th, 2012 at 5:21:58 PM permalink
The funny thing is he had the Pit Bosses sweating his very move because he wanted everyone to know he was going to hurt them in the pockets. I only wish I had my usual $500 bankroll on me; I would have been more aggressive and made a lot more money.
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
MrV
MrV
Joined: Feb 13, 2010
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 6775
August 20th, 2012 at 5:39:57 PM permalink
Was the guy a controlled shooter / dice influencer?

If so, what camp?

Or, just another random rolling SOB?
"What, me worry?"
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
August 20th, 2012 at 5:44:45 PM permalink
He was not random. Specific Dice Set for each specific number. Dice hit the back wall every single roll, Pit Bosses gave lots of HEAT for no reason but could not rattle him. I have a policy of never giving out too much specific information about "lucky" shooters so I can't say much more.

Just know that he was not overly impressed with his $19,000 profit.

The Craps players had perfect Craps etiquette, no late bets, not a single COME Bet in his Landing Zone. No Horn Bets during the "ON" cycle even when he threw 5 Horns in a row (I was amazed and impressed nobody bet on the Horn even though the Pit Boss was clamoring for people to bet the Horn). No one wanted to throw a chip in when he had the Dice to throw off his rhythm.
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14374
August 20th, 2012 at 5:46:23 PM permalink
Next time I get 80 bucks I'll be at the side of the road with my thumb out...
where should I head though?
midwestgb
midwestgb
Joined: Dec 8, 2009
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 465
August 20th, 2012 at 6:33:54 PM permalink
Quote: CrapsForever

The funny thing is he had the Pit Bosses sweating his very move because he wanted everyone to know he was going to hurt them in the pockets. I only wish I had my usual $500 bankroll on me; I would have been more aggressive and made a lot more money.



You owe us the Casino ID after this nugget my man... ;-)
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
August 20th, 2012 at 6:49:33 PM permalink
Quote: midwestgb

You owe us the Casino ID after this nugget my man... ;-)



Not sure if you noticed but in my recent posts, I stopped identifying the Casinos that I play at...for a good reason. Craps is amazing...If you keep an open mind and pay attention to what's going on at the tables....there's a lot of money to be made.

Sadly, this most recent trip was not at a Casino in the United States and the guy was playing while on vacation with his family. He only played Craps on one night. I ran into him later the next day and literally pleaded with him to come back to the tables but he never did. Everybody at the Craps tables spent the rest of the weekend talking about this shooter; we were very upset that he only played one night. I came back every day/night with a $1,000 bankroll with all my debit cards on standby....praying he would show up....I was ready to bet minimum $100 on every Hardway but he never showed up to the tables again.

The Pit Boss had treatened to ban him for being "too lucky" the night before so I don't know if that's why he didn't come back to the Craps tables....nobody knows what happened to him.
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!
midwestgb
midwestgb
Joined: Dec 8, 2009
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 465
August 20th, 2012 at 6:56:41 PM permalink
Quote: CrapsForever

Not sure if you noticed but in my recent posts, I stopped identifying the Casinos that I play at...for a good reason. Craps is amazing...If you keep an open mind and pay attention to what's going on at the tables....there's a lot of money to be made.

Sadly, this most recent trip was not at a Casino in the United States and the guy was playing while on vacation with his family. He only played Craps on one night. I ran into him later the next day and literally pleaded with him to come back to the tables but he never did.




Okay, I will guess Cruise ship with a shorter table! Very cool in any event. Love the fact the bosses knew what they had on their hands.

In any event... I fully concur with your sentiments. To wit, keeping an Open Mind and, of course, Paying Attention. Kudos.
CrapsForever
CrapsForever
Joined: Mar 6, 2012
  • Threads: 27
  • Posts: 517
August 20th, 2012 at 7:16:34 PM permalink
Land Based Casino.

As I have been taught too many times..play on cruiseships/casino boats simply for fun. Most "lucky" players don't want to be in a situation where they can't disappear in a New York minute.
Craps is the most "Jekyll and Hyde" casino game ever invented!

  • Jump to: