Juyemura
Juyemura
  • Threads: 39
July 26th, 2012 at 11:43:40 PM permalink
What is a Randie? I came across this term for a player in a couple of craps trip reports. Never have heard it before. Is it the same thing as a George?
Lottery:  A tax on people who are bad at math.
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
July 26th, 2012 at 11:50:40 PM permalink
I've heard it used to describe just random people who aren't part of the group, but I don't know the context you've seen it in.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
July 27th, 2012 at 12:11:44 AM permalink
Not much comes up with google, but from the usage in the link I found below, it seems to be when a dice setter rolls the dice without trying to influence them, but rather expects a random outcome with the particular roll. He has tossed a "Randie".

http://www.axispowercraps.com/crapsforum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=303
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Juyemura
Juyemura
July 27th, 2012 at 12:12:42 AM permalink
Thanks FarFromVegas. That would make sense that Randie = Random. I thought is might have been a crap specific term.
FatGeezus
FatGeezus
  • Threads: 10
July 27th, 2012 at 9:46:17 AM permalink
Another term for the random shooter is 'chicken feeder'. They don't set the dice, they toss them out there like they were feeding the chickens.
Juyemura
Juyemura
July 27th, 2012 at 10:22:48 AM permalink
Thanks FatGeezus. I also saw the term "chicken feeder" being tossed about. Reading these dice setter trip reports have been very interesting and entertaining.
eagledice
eagledice
  • Threads: 0
July 28th, 2012 at 11:26:22 AM permalink
The Term "Randie" is referred to a shooter that is Not a Dice Setter. Its an abreviation for a "Random Roller". The type of shooter that just picks up the dice and tosses them towards the back wall.

A Dice Setter / Dice Influencer is a shooter who arranges the dice in a specific way, grips them a certain way and gently tosses them towards the back wall in an attempt to reduce the bounce of the dice. The Setter's intent is that by gently tossing the dice, after gripping them a specifice way and also arranging the dice numbers in a certain way, then they are trying to reduce the chance of a tossing a seven.

The term "George" is used by Dealers as a player who is a good Tipper.

Hope this helps.
  • Jump to: