DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
December 13th, 2011 at 5:30:45 PM permalink
Current conditions ?

Will be in LV next week, looking for S17 games w/ 10/15 min. bets
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
December 13th, 2011 at 8:55:22 PM permalink
You prob won't find any $10 games with S17, at least not on the strip. The best I found was at MGM Grand where it's $15 min on a S17 game but that's only during non-peak hours, otherwise it's 25 and up. Those tables are over between the Starbucks and the High Limits Slots room.

If you're willing to go up to $25 for the best rules MGM is always great along with The Mirage and Bellagio, believe it or not.

You can get $10 tables over at Excalibur but they offer the worst rules and therefore the highest house edge.

I haven't been in Vegas since this summer so maybe there's been some changes but at least that's the info I can share.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
DonPedro
DonPedro
December 13th, 2011 at 9:40:44 PM permalink
Thanks for the reply, anywhere on the strip at least a 25 min. for a decent game.
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 13th, 2011 at 11:31:02 PM permalink
>You won't find any $10 games...
>best I found was at MGM Grand where it's $15 min but only during non-peak hours, otherwise it's 25 and up.
Okay Hot Blonde: Please run your Hot Fingers over your Hot Adding Machine and let me know:

If we assume same number of players and same speed of play,
What is the dollar difference and Risk of Ruin difference between:

Ten dollars at lousy rules...
Fifteen dollars at okay rules but only in the "off hours" that some may want but most don't...
Twenty-Five dollars for okay rules, anytime.

OR would it make more sense to ask:

For a given Bank Roll, say $300?, what is the difference in time between The Good, The Bad and The Ugly?
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
December 14th, 2011 at 9:11:55 AM permalink
Well, when it really comes down to it, you lose less of a percentage of the money you put down with good rules but more money overall due to the higher limits. Don't know what the technical terms are for that but you guys know what I'm talking about. I don't understand terms such as variance and etc. but since I put the Wizard's book on my XMas wish list I may soon be more fluent in math/gambling talk. I told my brother to surprise me from a list of things I wanted for Christmas so let's see if the book is part of the gifts he'll be giving me.

I personally have gotten used to sitting at the $25 tables. To me the $5 or $10 tables fill up too quickly, usually have more players who don't know what they're doing, and get loud and crazy over a single $10 win. Since I like to play $25 and up I think I would feel weird sitting at a low end table and playing a lot more per hand. I wouldn't want anyone to sit there and think I was a show-off or anything. I sometimes wondered why someone would be playing, say, $200 per hand when I first started out.

Who was it, someone put up a thread here asking the question about your average bet and the thrill. I can't imagine playing at a $5 or $10 table any more and getting thrilled to win a blackjack off such a low amount. But I guess if I'm losing big time at the $25 table that might not look so bad after all.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
December 14th, 2011 at 12:53:59 PM permalink
I don't know about average bet and thrill but certainly average bet and comp rate is involved.

I too think that the low-level tables tend to fill up with low-level types. Loud, distracting, often critical but above all: loud. When that silly Match The Dealer hit at the 6:5 tables in the Hard Rock (Hollywood, FL) my eardrums would almost burst with all that whooping and hollering. Of course that doesn't mean I can afford the 25 and 50 minimums to play the 3:2 Blackjack in their other and apparently more sedate pit.

We all want Time At Table but frankly I'd prefer the quiet sedate atmosphere to the rowdy ignoramuses at the low limit tables, even if it means my Bank Roll won't last as long.
DonPedro
DonPedro
December 14th, 2011 at 4:42:15 PM permalink
I have enjoyed many low limit tables w/ a variety of people, of course you dont have to bet the minimum, I like to be able to go down to 5/10 dollar bet if needed, then push the the table limits if the situation presents itself . Of course the table limits in vegas are much higher then back home where it is 3-500. I do have to admit i had much more fun at the lower limit tables, then at the 100 min. table by myself. Just wanted to see if anyone had any more current info. than CBJN or there was a hidden gem somewhere.

According to the latest edition of CBJN, I can play double deck around or near the strip .40 HE for $$ 5/10. May do that the 1st few days, see how my BR holds up, then try some higher limits before I leave.

To everyone on WOO, enjoy the holidays, time off :), and hope you have some good times at the tables !!!
DonPedro
DonPedro
December 14th, 2011 at 4:52:18 PM permalink
As for more excitement when betting more, that very well could be true.

Although how much do you risk for this excitement ? In a game where, not very many ,if any of us can beat

I tend to enjoy not risking much, betting well below what my BR would allow, and feel very comfortable knowing that I can ride out a few storms, and still have enough BR to battle back .

As we have discussed many times on WOO, there maybe a handful of people that are winning AP's. I hope to be there someday, but have a long ways to go. I enjoy the challenge !!
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
December 14th, 2011 at 5:26:01 PM permalink
Quote: DonPedro

Current conditions ?

Will be in LV next week, looking for S17 games w/ 10/15 min. bets

I was there in August, but given December as a slower month, I assume you MIGHT find a $10-15 table at Mirage, near the high limit room. The entire pit is S17, and while most are $25 tables, I recall seeing a $15 table.

Also, as stated, Bellagio has good rules, but the mins are variable.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
teddys
teddys
  • Threads: 150
December 14th, 2011 at 8:16:07 PM permalink
Try MGM, in the "good" pit. (Not the first pit you come to coming off the Strip entrance; the second one).

I will be in town next week too. PM me if you want to hit up some good games.
"Dice, verily, are armed with goads and driving-hooks, deceiving and tormenting, causing grievous woe." -Rig Veda 10.34.4
  • Jump to: