precursor0
precursor0
  • Threads: 8
January 3rd, 2010 at 2:39:43 AM permalink
Ok, so now I can keep up with all but the fastest dealers, and can count just fine until it comes time to play my hand, then I add my cards and compare to the dealer, and I often lose the count esp if I have to split. Are there any techniques for remembering the count?
dwheatley
dwheatley
  • Threads: 25
January 3rd, 2010 at 9:03:57 AM permalink
I've heard of people turning their feet in different ways, but there are only so many combos you can use. I would not recommend using chips, even if you use some kind of code, because the chips are right on the table. Methodical stacking of chips could draw suspision.

My last suggestion would be to associate a word with every count, and try to remember the word when you are playing out a hand instead of a number. I think some people are better at remembering words than numbers
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you out of situations where you would otherwise need it
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
January 3rd, 2010 at 9:58:55 AM permalink
In the first place, ...
Thats an expression derived from associating arguments with a succession of places such as on a trip through Athens. You will remember place names easier than numbers.
  • Jump to: