DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
September 8th, 2011 at 5:17:03 PM permalink
Just recovered from LD weekend on the strip, had to go back to work so I can rest !!

Stayed at the Statosphere, nice at a good price, w/ great happy hour and fitness center( although they do charge a resort fee 7.50 a day and the BJ rules suck)

Played poker for the 1st time, a 1/2 game at the Strat. Doubled my buy in of 300, but only played 4 or 5 hands in around 2 hrs. , played QQ and AA and a won a few good pots. Bluffed on a few weaker hands and got most to fold, but did know at all what I was doing , in fact I really didnt even know the game procedures. I gotta alot to learn about poker. Made some many , drank as many beers as I could, but found it somewhat boring.

Anyways, the double down party pit and bikini blackjack at the strat . WOW !!!! I actually did play a few hands w/ crappy rules, just for the scenery. Otherwise I acted like I was watching the TV's , of course I was not :)

Now for BJ:

MGM- played the 15 tables S17 6D S - got murdered !! Was not that impressed, dealers seemed to be putting in thier time and seemed a bit cramped. This is lowest house edge w/ lowest table min. on the strip . I was able to hit a few big bets that got me even. Played hard all night and into the morning.

Mirage- played the 25 tables S17 6D S- and did well !! Nice place w/ very friendly dealers and I enjoyed the atmosphere. After playing and playing I got up a bit and then ventured into the high roller room (although I am far from a high roller) i wanted to experience more than just the rest room. What I saw, of course the dealers were very nice as well as the host. There were only around 10 tables w/ around 3-4 players including me. 1st player I saw, was an Asian gentlemen w/ money piled higher than his head, betting and playing wildly. The next 2 tables I saw were empty but the table min. was 3000, they said 1 player plays all spots on 2 tables at 3-4000 , I did not see him though. Played the 100 table S17 6D S by myself, in fact I was the only player in the area. Bet a 1-4 spread and was able to scatach out a small win after about an hour . Played hard all night and into the morning, lucky for me I was up around 1000. Unlucky for me, I was shit drink and lost a quick 300 playing poker, then decided to play some crappy BJ tables and lost another quick 500. At that point it was around 7 AM and I headed up to the room, for some much needed rest and recovery.

Bellagio- played the 25 tables S17 6D S and was able to play all night, and finish almost even. Very nice place w/ very friendly and fun dealers that appeared to enjoy dealing !! Many blackjack options low limits w/ bad rules, for the S17 tables 25 was the min. Many tables to choose from and as I am sure you have heard, great atmosphere. I had a great time w/ the dealers and my tablemates !! Shut it down around 1 AM as I had a flight out on Monday.

Great trip and great time !!!! Cant wait for the nex trip !!
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
Tiltpoul
Tiltpoul
  • Threads: 32
September 8th, 2011 at 5:25:27 PM permalink
Quote: DonPedro

Bellagio- played the 25 tables S17 6D S and was able to play all night, and finish almost even. Very nice place w/ very friendly and fun dealers that appeared to enjoy dealing !! Many blackjack options low limits w/ bad rules, for the S17 tables 25 was the min. Many tables to choose from and as I am sure you have heard, great atmosphere. I had a great time w/ the dealers and my tablemates !! Shut it down around 1 AM as I had a flight out on Monday.

Are you sure you were at THE Bellagio... in Las Vegas???? I have RARELY come across dealers who were "friendly" and NONE who were "fun." If you said you were at the Cosmopolitan, then yeah, I'd believe that... but BELLAGIO???

Thanks for the report.
"One out of every four people are [morons]"- Kyle, South Park
  • Jump to: