buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
April 28th, 2011 at 9:21:01 PM permalink
Assume a SD BJ game with the dealer standing on soft17, the player can split up to 3 times except Aces, can double after split, can double on any value or number of cards. BJ pays even, no surrender, no insurance offered.
With a house edge of 2%, what spread would an advantage player need to break even on the game ???
WAG accepted. Bonus points for estimate bankroll for $25 minimum table !
I do have a reason for asking but math is way, way beyond me. Thanks in advance.
Any and all WAG's appreciated.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 29th, 2011 at 5:20:10 AM permalink
Any WAG will do, Thanks
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 29th, 2011 at 10:05:33 AM permalink
Nobody ?? SIGH
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
April 29th, 2011 at 10:29:48 AM permalink
Quote: buzzpaff

Nobody ?? SIGH

Oh, Alright! But you got me [g]

Quote:

SD BJ

SD?

I am going to be no help anyway , but isnt blackjack pretty hard to evaluate? but if all is understood, one of the WoO's things might be usable.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 29th, 2011 at 10:31:53 AM permalink
It's beyond me but the mathematically or computer proficient seem to make the results seem obvious !
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
April 29th, 2011 at 11:37:06 AM permalink
OK, finally saw the key condition of BJ playing even.

I can't do the math either, but have to feel that a 2% HE, which might be accurate, cannot be overcome with card counting and any kind of other typical conditions such as max bet limits.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 36
April 29th, 2011 at 2:43:24 PM permalink
One has to wonder why these questions are not posted on a black jack board? They usually have the finest bj minds on board. This board is great for generalities, but in depth questions like the above need to go to the experts.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
April 29th, 2011 at 4:33:38 PM permalink
I will post it on bj21, justt predujiced by earlier replies on that forum. Plus Thorpe mentioned back counting in his original book and the posters there think Stanford inventing " Wonging" And for Mathematical and statistical input this forum is #1. I just think answering my question is too boring for them >
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
April 30th, 2011 at 2:35:42 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

OK, finally saw the key condition of BJ playing paying even.

hopefully the error did not confuse. I'm just thinking you'd have to do something like going 20X your basic bet when the count favored you, to overcome something like a 2% HE. Talk about getting unwanted attention!
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
May 13th, 2011 at 2:44:26 PM permalink
Exactly my point I do not think even George, the greatest BJ player ever ( per Ken Uston) could beat such a game with a spread of less than 20-1. And wake up the sleepiest pit boss. LOL
  • Jump to: