DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
January 13th, 2011 at 10:31:51 PM permalink
I have been have looking for a count w/ easier TC conversion, I looked at the unbalanced counts but liked the hi-lo

Snyders True Edge or TC, seems to be much easier- multiply the # of remaining decks by 2 ( check online for the rest )

The index play looks much easier, Snyder writes little is gained by using index play for soft doubles or splits( play BS) and the negative index is of least importance.

Comments ???
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
January 14th, 2011 at 3:52:57 AM permalink
Quote: DonPedro

I have been have looking for a count w/ easier TC conversion, I looked at the unbalanced counts but liked the hi-lo

Snyders True Edge or TC, seems to be much easier- multiply the # of remaining decks by 2 ( check online for the rest )

The index play looks much easier, Snyder writes little is gained by using index play for soft doubles or splits( play BS) and the negative index is of least importance.

Comments ???

If you've already learned Hi-Lo stay with it. If you're just starting out, Hi-Lo Lite is a good choice because as you point out it is easier. Easier usually means less powerful but that's not the whole story. The more advanced the counting strategy, the more potential there is for mistakes which can be very costly. You'll benefit more by learning a strategy cold and keeping mistakes to a minimum, than you would by trying to master a more advanced strategy. Unless you play blackjack for a living, I see no reason to go beyond Hi-Lo.

If you don't have it, get Arnold's book Blackbelt in Blackjack. It's worth the investment.
DonPedro
DonPedro
  • Threads: 92
January 14th, 2011 at 4:21:35 PM permalink
Thanks benbakfoff !!!

Well said !!

And yes BB in BJ is great book and a must for any BJ library !!
" If I had the money and the drinking capacity, I'd probably live at a blackjak table and let my life go to hell." Don Pedro
  • Jump to: