technics
technics
  • Threads: 14
December 27th, 2023 at 5:11:26 PM permalink
As per The Wizards advice, I never play side bets. However, I recently ran across a side bet called EZ Bust. You make the side bet after the dealer’s up card. I only had a short amount of time to play and initially ignored this bet as I would normally do. After thinking about it, I decided that this side bet could be +EV for a card counter. So the next time I had a “good” count and the dealer’s up card was a 6, I made the bet and won. Like, I said I had limited time available before having to leave for the airport, but I won this side bet two more times, once on a 5 and once on 6. Has anyone seen this side bet before? Seems like a card counters dream.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
December 27th, 2023 at 6:21:59 PM permalink
Quote: technics

As per The Wizards advice, I never play side bets. However, I recently ran across a side bet called EZ Bust. You make the side bet after the dealer’s up card. I only had a short amount of time to play and initially ignored this bet as I would normally do. After thinking about it, I decided that this side bet could be +EV for a card counter. So the next time I had a “good” count and the dealer’s up card was a 6, I made the bet and won. Like, I said I had limited time available before having to leave for the airport, but I won this side bet two more times, once on a 5 and once on 6. Has anyone seen this side bet before? Seems like a card counters dream.
link to original post

Doubtful. Did you see the house edge? I’m not the math expert here but I’m guessing the count would have to be SUPER HIGH to even consider this bet. Hopefully someone will give the actual answer…. but I like my hunch…!
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
December 27th, 2023 at 6:43:19 PM permalink
WoO: https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/side-bets/ez-bust/
WoV discussion: https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gambling/tables/30519-bj-sidebet-ez-bust/

Interestingly, this seems to get better for the player on a Hit 17 game.
May the cards fall in your favor.
technics
technics
  • Threads: 14
December 29th, 2023 at 1:32:12 PM permalink
Should have known that The Wizard was all over this…..looks like my 3 for 3 was just a little lucky. Thanks all!
  • Jump to: