HannibalLecter
HannibalLecter
  • Threads: 5
November 16th, 2021 at 1:54:13 PM permalink
Just by knowing the dealer's hidden card you can beat the dealer?
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 113
November 16th, 2021 at 1:56:08 PM permalink
The dealer can still draw more cards and you can still bust, so I don't know why the dealer's hole card is face down except to add mystery, same way they deal your double down card face down.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 16th, 2021 at 2:17:49 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

The dealer can still draw more cards and you can still bust, so I don't know why the dealer's hole card is face down except to add mystery, same way they deal your double down card face down.
link to original post

You have 15, dealer is showing a King. Would you play the hand the same if you knew the bottom card was a six?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
  • Threads: 113
November 16th, 2021 at 2:45:57 PM permalink
I'd have to change my basic strategy then.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888 
  • Threads: 60
Thanked by
Dieter
November 16th, 2021 at 3:43:42 PM permalink
Quote: HannibalLecter

Just by knowing the dealer's hidden card you can beat the dealer?
link to original post

Presumably you are talking about Blackjack, but there is nothing particularly "easy" about knowing the dealer's hidden card.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
HannibalLecter
HannibalLecter
  • Threads: 5
November 16th, 2021 at 4:01:26 PM permalink
yes, thanks for answering, in a situation where the house has a 1% advantage over the player, and according to the wizard of probabilities knowing the dealer's hole card gives you a 10% advantage, then it would be enough to put the advantage in your favor, it is a simple way to win but not easy, simple in words, difficult to execute.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
November 16th, 2021 at 4:26:50 PM permalink
Quote: HannibalLecter

yes, thanks for answering, in a situation where the house has a 1% advantage over the player, and according to the wizard of probabilities knowing the dealer's hole card gives you a 10% advantage, then it would be enough to put the advantage in your favor, it is a simple way to win but not easy, simple in words, difficult to execute.
link to original post

Just don't run afoul of the Las Vegas Hole Card Mafia. Those boys do not fool around and they don't like people poaching their games.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: