AylaDeuce
AylaDeuce
  • Threads: 2
March 9th, 2021 at 12:11:19 AM permalink
Shoot! I'm looking for ideas. I currently use two specific apps for both Blackjack and Roulette to practise, but was wondering if you guys use any specific apps?
Splitting cards is my guilty pleasure!
OnceDear
OnceDear
  • Threads: 63
March 9th, 2021 at 2:33:30 AM permalink
Quote: AylaDeuce

Shoot! I'm looking for ideas. I currently use two specific apps for both Blackjack and Roulette to practise, but was wondering if you guys use any specific apps?

Hi,
There's any number of play for fun mobile and web apps, including some on this site. Beware that if you are just here to start mentioning or promoting some other site: DON'T.

You say you are asking for 'Ideas'. That's quite a wide spec, but here are some to start you off....

Roulette:- You don't need any skill to receive the house edge of 2.7% disadvantage. ON AVERAGE 2.7% of every wager you make goes to the house. There is no skill by which you can improve that,* but no absence of skill can make it worse. The more you wager, the more you lose at an average rate of 2.7% of each wager you make. Of course, you don't ACTUALLY get 2.7% taken off you in that sometimes it's 100% and sometimes you win. You can use money management systems and bet selection to give you lots of small wins or very few large wins (eg bet on one number, or bet on 35 numbers at the same time) but the price you pay is reflected in the size and frequency of your losses.
In roulette, lose your money in the way that gives you the level of fun that you prefer. Don't expect to emerge as a lifetime winner.

Blackjack:- Is a game where you NEED some skill to play the correct strategy. If you play pefectly, you will lose your bankroll at an average rate of 0.5% or so. To that extent, your bankroll will, on average, last you longer. But if you fail to play correct Basic Strategy, you flush money away and the house edge goes WAY up. Once you master Basic Strategy, there isn't really much skill in playing Blackjack until you get into the advanced topic of card counting which can, just about eliminate the house edge. Don't expect to emerge as a lifetime winner.

If you do want to emerge as a lifetime winner then exploit the marketing teams rather than trying to beat the games. E.g. evaluate free play and bonus offers which might be greater than your expected loss.

Some members mention biased wheels and other theoretical ways of beating roulette. Pretty much forget that as you are extremely unlikely to find such an opportunity.

https://wizardofvegas.com/games/blackjack/
https://wizardofvegas.com/guides/roulette/
Last edited by: OnceDear on Mar 9, 2021
Psalm 25:16 Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. Proverbs 18:2 A fool finds no satisfaction in trying to understand, for he would rather express his own opinion.
  • Jump to: