Carlitos
Carlitos
  • Threads: 1
March 7th, 2021 at 8:37:55 AM permalink
Hello,

So I've read Knockout Blackjack and have been practicing 2 deck games with 1-5 bet spreads with preferred variations, but I've also read in the book that some 6 and 8 deck games can be slightly profitable or at least break even also using a 1-5 spread with correct rules and variations, instead of using 1-10 which would make me more visible. Unfortunately the book doesn't give a breakdown of what counts to increase your bets. Would anyone happen to know a good breakdown for 1-5 bet spread for 6 and 8 deck games using the Knockout Count or can lead me to the right direction? Thanks in advance

Carlos
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
March 7th, 2021 at 9:57:06 AM permalink
Quote: Carlitos

Hello,

So I've read Knockout Blackjack and have been practicing 2 deck games with 1-5 bet spreads with preferred variations, but I've also read in the book that some 6 and 8 deck games can be slightly profitable or at least break even also using a 1-5 spread with correct rules and variations, instead of using 1-10 which would make me more visible. Unfortunately the book doesn't give a breakdown of what counts to increase your bets. Would anyone happen to know a good breakdown for 1-5 bet spread for 6 and 8 deck games using the Knockout Count or can lead me to the right direction? Thanks in advance

Carlos

I forget exactly ow KO works. Do you start with a negative running count equal to 4 x # decks or something like that? But, whatever the pivot point is that the game becomes +EV, I would ramp up quickly to my 5 units.

Playing a shoe game, with a small spread like that, you are going to want to get to that top wager quickly to offset the many hands played at negative expectation. Hopefully someone with experience playing KO will weigh in.

Even a small spread, aggressively ramped up will make the game a small winner, but if you can escape at least some of the worst (negative counts) by skipping playing hands, or a well timed bathroom or phone call break, you can really increase that small win rate.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
Thanked by
WTflush
March 7th, 2021 at 1:38:20 PM permalink
If you are going to use KO, I strongly suggest you find a copy of The Color of Blackjack, which takes KO to new heights.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Gundy
Gundy
  • Threads: 0
March 8th, 2021 at 1:33:27 PM permalink
I used KO several years ago but I would spread 1 to 20, sometimes much more. My sessions were short and I would always leave at the end of the shoe after exposing max bet. Pretty standard stuff.

Spread 1 to 5 will eliminate the house edge, but you can not play at all and break even.

If you have the discipline to bet big when necessary, have a big bankroll, and the ability to handle huge losses, why not play more aggressively? Play to win cash.
BoSox
BoSox
  • Threads: 8
March 9th, 2021 at 6:55:34 AM permalink
Quote: Carlitos

Hello,

Carlos

Carlos, I would like to add a little more to what others have said. When you mentioned using a 1 to 5 spread in a 6 and 8 deck game you were rather nonchalant with the mere mention of correct rules and variations. Rule variations along with using a small spread become extremely important and cannot be quickly dismissed. Even average rules with that spread you could be asking for real trouble. Remember you have to first overcome that house edge and do not forget that. The worse the house rules the harder it will be to overcome. In my opinion in the game that you are or will be playing against that spread that you are planning to use you need to have at least one of these two following rules S17 or Late Surrender or you are really asking for trouble. Aside from all this you also need a deep cut card placement.

BoSox
BoSox
BoSox
  • Threads: 8
March 10th, 2021 at 12:24:09 PM permalink
Carlos, after reading your post again I see what you are looking for and. I will repeat it here:

"Unfortunately the book doesn't give a breakdown of what counts to increase your bets. Would anyone happen to know a good breakdown for 1-5 bet spread for 6 and 8 deck games using the Knockout Count or can lead me to the right direction? Thanks in advance"

No one can answer that for you until you first state all the exact house rules of the game that you will be playing against. The reason is that every table that you sit down to play may have a different set of house rules which affects EV percentages and your bet spreads.

You also mentioned your real concern with using a 1 to 10 spread because of possible visibility problems.

One way to hide some of this is to try and find a table that has a lower minimum bet than your normal minimum bet. By making plenty of these lower bets "which I call waiting bets " you have created a bigger spread that is a little harder to detect. By starting the shoe with your normal minimum bet you can then go in either direction based on the count.

One more point when picking a table to play does not necessarily mean to pick the highest denomination table that you think that you can afford. All things being equal "meaning Penn cuts and Rules" pick a lower table that has a maximum bet well within your own maximum bet. No reason at all for bragging rights for telling your friends that you play higher denomination tables when the objective is to win long term, be smart.
  • Jump to: