maliveline
maliveline
  • Threads: 4
Thanked by
EthanMorgan
January 13th, 2021 at 10:05:26 PM permalink
I’ve been using the wizards simulator to practice. I’ve been noticing quite a few bugs in the simulator. I would upload a screen shot but apparently you can’t do pictures on this site so I will just have to explain it. The count was +6 and there was 2.88 decks left. The dealer is showing a 2 as an up card. I have a hard 13. The simulator is trying to tell me that my best option is to take a hit. Basic strategy says to stand in this situation. My odds of busting are even higher with a count of +6 so what am I missing here.
BleedingChipsSlowly
BleedingChipsSlowly
  • Threads: 23
January 14th, 2021 at 1:00:58 AM permalink
From the introduction to Card Counting Simulator:

Quote:

Under the 'adjust rules' menu you may select the rules of the game, deck penetration, table limits, as well as several card counting strategies. You may also enter your own strategy. The game will keep a running and true count according to the strategy you choose. By clicking "analyze" you can determine the odds for any situation according to a perfect combinatorial analysis.

It’s too late for the situation you give, but if you could give more details on another case where you suspect the advice is incorrect, that would be helpful. For instance, the odds presented, the rules you chose, and the strategy that applies.

The difficulty in presenting images on the forum is discussed in other threads. It is what it is.

By the way, the simulator does not work using Safari/WebKit/iOS.
“You don’t bring a bone saw to a negotiation.” - Robert Jordan, former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia
maliveline
maliveline
January 14th, 2021 at 1:26:08 PM permalink
I fail to see how the mathematical edge is telling me to hit a 13 against a 2 showing when the count is significantly positive telling me the shoe is rich in 10s aces and face cards using the basic hi lo system. Unless for whatever reason it was more rich in aces and that why the simulator was giving me that result.
Kellynbnf
Kellynbnf
  • Threads: 15
January 15th, 2021 at 6:03:19 AM permalink
I believe the advice given there is based on the exact composition of the remaining cards, not the count itself. If the shoe is rich in 7s and/or 8s (neutral cards with Hi-Lo but would give you a strong 20 or 21 respectively) that may be why it says that hitting is better.
fantom
fantom
  • Threads: 1
Thanked by
BleedingChipsSlowly
January 15th, 2021 at 7:06:54 AM permalink
Quote: Kellynbnf

I believe the advice given there is based on the exact composition of the remaining cards, not the count itself. If the shoe is rich in 7s and/or 8s (neutral cards with Hi-Lo but would give you a strong 20 or 21 respectively) that may be why it says that hitting is better.

Knowing the exact composition of the remaining cards would not seem to be a realistic "simulation" since in reality the player cannot know that. I would want the simulator to tell me what I should do based NOT on the actual composition of the remaining cards but rather on what Basic Strategy and the True Count tells me I should do.

Isn't the purpose to practice proper play based on BS and TC? Nobody is going to know all of the cards already used, including all of those behind the cut card in real time. I want to be prompted to play appropriately based on BS and TC. Telling me to play contrary to those rules will condition me to play wrong, even if the exact condition of the deck says that you should play that way.
maliveline
maliveline
January 15th, 2021 at 12:52:34 PM permalink
I had this situation happen to me the other day too:

I had a 10 and there was a 2 for the up card and the count was significantly positive I would say the true count was probably around 3. The simulator told me to stay lol. I tried to double and I’m like are you kidding me ok wow.
Kellynbnf
Kellynbnf
  • Threads: 15
January 16th, 2021 at 6:55:29 AM permalink
Unless you know exactly what the upcoming cards are I don't think there would ever be a scenario where standing with 11 or less (or a soft 16 or less) would be the right play (since it'd be impossible to bust by taking another card and you couldn't hurt your hand by doing so).
maliveline
maliveline
January 17th, 2021 at 4:16:01 AM permalink
Ok i had one that I know for sure was a glitch. I had split 3’s the against a 6 as an up card. The first card that came was a 10 giving me a hard 13. When I tried to stand the simulator told me no don’t do that. I tried every other option and the simulator told me no don’t do that. I analyzed the hand and indeed standing gave me the best option as far as expected value goes. This simulator needs to be fixed. Wizard I call on you to improve this. I will say some of the things I really like about this simulator is that it will tell me when to hit/stand/or surrender in situations where I have a hard 15 or 16 against a 9 10 or ace depending on what the count is, but some of these other suggestions the simulator is giving me are basically not helpful at best if you are not a computer and completely broken at worst.
EthanMorgan
EthanMorgan
  • Threads: 0
January 18th, 2021 at 6:29:50 AM permalink
Hoi

Hoe lang gebruik je deze services al?
maliveline
maliveline
January 19th, 2021 at 9:24:07 PM permalink
English is cool
  • Jump to: