Sacke86
Sacke86
Joined: Aug 16, 2020
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 11
November 30th, 2020 at 4:52:04 AM permalink
Hello ain! :)) Is european roulette (single zero) safer when it comes to progressive betting strategies? I've just calculated that the odds for colors or odd/even are 18/37 = 0.4864 => 48.64%, wich doesn't seem that bad. Now we have blackjack were there are 42.43% probability for a win, 8.48% for a push and 49.09% for a loss, according to wizard of odds. Since we don't care about pushes we must recalculate the win and loss probability: 42.43 / (42.43 + 49.09) = 46.36% win. I know in blackjack are some better returns cuz when you get a blackjack you get paid x 1.5 but this doesn't change the fact that the probability of winning a hand is still lower than winning a spin on roulette (46.36 < 48.64), this making roulette more suitable than blackjack when it comes to progressive betting systems like l'Abouchere (if the roulette it's not rigged, ofcourse :)) ). Is it even worth that 2.3% winning probability gain, making roulette stand better agains l'Abouchere wich I think it is the best betting strategy since you must win only 33% + 2 hands/spins or something like that and still get profits and the only killer for this strategy beeing some crazy loosing series. Or it doesn't matter that much when it comes to loosing series and the fact that blackjack pays x1.5 when you have blackjack makes blackjack better than roulette in the end anyway? Thanks and sorry for my bad english!
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 1633
November 30th, 2020 at 6:15:39 AM permalink
My local casino has $10-$100 limits on the outside numbers on the roulette table. They've murdered the game.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
Joined: Jun 22, 2011
  • Threads: 96
  • Posts: 4481
November 30th, 2020 at 6:34:26 AM permalink
Quote: Sacke86

Or it doesn't matter that much when it comes to loosing series and the fact that blackjack pays x1.5 when you have blackjack makes blackjack better than roulette in the end anyway? Thanks and sorry for my bad english!


This is correct. It doesn't matter what system you use. Of course, this assumes your blackjack strategy is good enough that you actually get a 42.43% chance of winning and 8.48% chance of pushing.
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
Joined: Jun 1, 2014
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 4623
November 30th, 2020 at 6:50:28 AM permalink
Quote: Sacke86

Hello ain! :)) Is european roulette (single zero) safer when it comes to progressive betting strategies?

Safer? You need to define safer. If you are worried about wiping out your bankroll because of a cluster of losing bets, then that's a touch more likely with Blackjack. But with Blackjack, there will be occasional Blackjacks which will lurch your bankroll upwards. One thing that makes blackjack more risky is that you will occasionally find yourself obliged* to split and or double a hand many times. It's super amusing and scary to split a pair, say 8s and then have an 8 dealt to those, plit again and get 3s dealt to those obliging* you to double and lay LOTS of chips on what was one hand. So.... Blackjack having the greater variance increases your probability of going bust.... or of winning big.
BUT blackjack has the much smaller edge. Choose your wager and stake so as to manage the speed at which you lose.

I mention obligation to split or double. Unless you see that obligation to play hands as well as you should, then you should simply not be playing the game. Hitting a low point in bankroll just as you need to split or double is a sure route to bad play and oblivion.

There's never obligation to do progressives as full marty. You need to decide what your session goal is. If you aspire to increase your bankroll by a set amount, then don't place any bet that gives the possibility of exceeding that profit, or else you also increase the probability of going bust.

Progressive betting is fun. More fun than flat betting. It's not a route to wealth and the price you pay is to risk your entire bankroll.

Crazy Losing Series...... They are not crazy, nor are they infrequent or unexpected and they must never be discounted as never going to get you, because they will.

https://wizardofvegas.com/member/oncedear/blog/5/#post1370

Play what is fun, for fun. Russian roulette is exciting and fun, but not so much when you lose. That's the nature with progressives.

Stay safe.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 1633
November 30th, 2020 at 6:57:41 AM permalink
If you can wind up in the Griffin Book for spreading $25-$500 on 2 spots as a card counter, what's gonna happen if you spread $10-$1000 as a progression bettor who doesn't count cards?
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9982
November 30th, 2020 at 7:15:13 AM permalink
People always compare the percentage of winning hands in BJ vs. winning spins in roulette. I think they are approaching it wrong. Compare the percentage of losing hands. A hand that pushes is not a loss, and actually has some value to the bettor. Over the long run, those thousands of pushed hands will result in some decent comps.
That said, no progressive system will win you money in the long run.
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 1633
November 30th, 2020 at 7:24:48 AM permalink
I'll have to take this 10,000 bets at a time.
Ace2
Ace2 
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 790
November 30th, 2020 at 9:28:22 AM permalink
Any game is “better” than roulette, even slots. Just my opinion
It’s all about making that GTA
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 74
  • Posts: 6866
November 30th, 2020 at 9:30:31 AM permalink
Quote: Ace2

Any game is “better” than roulette, even slots. Just my opinion



Your opinion is wrong. Most slots hold over 10% where single zero roullette he is playing only has a 2.7% house advantage. Or about 1.5% if his game has enprison.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
Ace2
Ace2 
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 790
November 30th, 2020 at 10:53:37 AM permalink
The vast majority of roulette tables in the USA have an edge of 5.3%

But I wasn’t referring to the edge. It’s just such a mindless game...in my opinion.
It’s all about making that GTA

  • Jump to: