Viper21
Viper21
  • Threads: 3
November 11th, 2020 at 6:18:41 PM permalink
I was attempting to sim the "House money" blackjack side bet in CVData and am having issues. I am specifically trying to sim it for single deck and Wizard only has an analysis posted on 6 deck. The pay table is slightly different for single deck as a two card straight flush pays 5 to 1 instead of the 4 to 1 on 6 deck. If anyone has already analyzed this I would appreciate the help.

Also if anyone has the house edge for the 6deck version without parlay (so house edge without capping your main bj bet with the side bet winnings) I would like to compare that to the house edge I am seeing.

Thank you
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
  • Threads: 39
November 11th, 2020 at 8:55:32 PM permalink
I've only analysed infinite deck when I saw the bet many years ago, so don't have any numbers.
If you aren't planning to add your bet to the BJ bet, you should be able to work out the House Edge by just looking at the two-card starting hands, their probabiities for the number of decks, and their payout; obviously this isn't the best way to actually play the side bet, You can then get an estimate by using the infinite deck values for BJ starting hands (i.e. the additional value of, say, adding your bet to an 11.) (ref: https://wizardofodds.com/games/blackjack/expected-return-infinite-deck/ )
Viper21
Viper21
November 12th, 2020 at 1:26:31 PM permalink
I am pretty sure based on the pay table I presented the House edge pre parlay is 28.204%. Interesting that you are only 2% more likely to get a pair than a 2 card straight flush. Next will be figuring out the edge with capping winnings.
Viper21
Viper21
November 12th, 2020 at 1:26:34 PM permalink
duplicate post
  • Jump to: