bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
June 18th, 2019 at 9:50:11 PM permalink
Ever read Ian Andersen's superb "Burning The Tables in Las Vegas"? Or have you read it, but it's been a long long time ago?

Although the book is a gem in its entirety, I often think about what it said about garlic. I'm big on garlic anyway, so I can't help but think of the two together, his book, and garlic. Garlic is discussed specifically on page 269, within Chapter 16, On Maintaining Physical and Mental Fitness. The whole chapter, like the book, is excellent. A must-read. Even if you don't play blackjack.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 19th, 2019 at 3:08:10 AM permalink
Garlic is indeed a wonderful thing, there never having been a civilization that did not produce a garlic-cookbook. Its an excellent antioxidant and wards off breast cancer if oxidized for twelve minutes orior to cooking. Black garlic is even more wondrous. However, i've not thought of it as much of a help in playing blackjack. I will be heading to the library today and will be sure to look for it.
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 296
June 19th, 2019 at 8:30:51 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Garlic is indeed a wonderful thing, there never having been a civilization that did not produce a garlic-cookbook. Its an excellent antioxidant and wards off breast cancer if oxidized for twelve minutes orior to cooking. Black garlic is even more wondrous. However, i've not thought of it as much of a help in playing blackjack. I will be heading to the library today and will be sure to look for it.

Maybe when security gets in your face garlic breath can be somewhat of s deterrrent
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
June 19th, 2019 at 9:23:59 AM permalink
But, what about staying hydrated?
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
  • Jump to: