BJforever
BJforever
  • Threads: 1
February 22nd, 2019 at 1:13:55 AM permalink
Hello,

If I Change the hi-lo tags in the following way (for a BJ variant):
2:+1; 3:+1; 4: +1; 5:+1; 6: +2; 7: +1; 8: 0; 9: 0; 10: -1; Ace: -1
how are the indices most likely to Change?
My guess would be:
Positive Indices and Insurance: Index of hi-lo times 1.4 (7/5)
Negative Indices: Unchanged

let 's say 5 low cards 2-7 are removed evenly you would get as a RC +7 using the above altered tags instead of +5 on average;
this divided by the number of decks remaining would give the TC resp index for a certain playing Deviation...
e.g. 9 vs 2 is +1 in the hi-low (6D). Would the index then Change to +1.4?

Insurance equally should Change from +3,2 to +4,5...
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
March 3rd, 2019 at 8:12:57 PM permalink
A sim would definitely tell you what you need to know, and that's what I'd recommend for a true answer. Past that I've found in most cases when you play with the tags (just a little bit) the deviations are almost always the same.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
BJforever
BJforever
  • Threads: 1
March 18th, 2019 at 9:11:16 AM permalink
Romes, thanks for your reply.
I am not a programmer, so my Hands are currently tied-up.
However, as a lot of questions can be tackled by sims, i have decided anyway to learn a Computer language.
Is C++ one of the best? Do you have any recommendations?

As to the tags, I agree. It should not be way off changing only the tags for the denominations 6 and 7.
However, I am only interested in exact answers, meaning combinatorial Analysis or a sim with a very large sample size to bring the Standard error down.
In the meantime, I learned that any unbalanced Counts can be converted in an equivalent balanced Count.
In the above example, we just Need to deduct 2/13 from the tags to make the Count balanced (as the tags cause the RC to run up 8 Units per deck = 8/52 or 2/13).
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
March 25th, 2019 at 4:56:33 PM permalink
C++ is a strong language, and one that I learned, so I'm a bit biased in saying yes I like it and would recommend it.

However, you can also download CVData for pretty cheap and do all the sims you want, already programmed and tested! It's got blackjack, side bets, different counts, etc, etc. That's really what I'd recommend, and my career for 10+ years was a programmer =P.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
  • Jump to: